Ragequitting

#21giantqtipzPosted 1/13/2013 11:02:12 PM
I don't ragequit but I don't mind people quitting. Its an online match. I don't know you, so why make the game personal?

To me, quitting is only disrespectful if you are facing your opponents head on, like in tournaments or when you play sports .But online? Ehh. A fight round lasts 90 seconds? And it takes 5 to look for another one usually.
#22DemonDog666Posted 1/13/2013 11:32:04 PM
I think the system needs to count rage quitting as a loss, and anyone who disconnects more then 5 times in a day anymore disconnects count as a loss.

I don't think people should have to stay in game but I also don't think people should be screwed out of their win because they other guy quit.
#23laxnd23Posted 1/13/2013 11:39:14 PM
I could just see this kid playing high school sports. Their team is down 40 points, no hope of winning. "Sorry coach but this sucks. Deuces."
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#24j2zon2591Posted 1/14/2013 12:16:41 AM
Nope. I never rage quit.. But I do understand that some have temper issues so I don't mind my team mates rage quitting.

I guess it's because I not very competitive so I am very lax about things like that.

Played 400 LOL games and I don't even know how to jungle, mid or top. I'm a terrible support too and that's all i can do for that game. :P
#25iveriadPosted 1/14/2013 12:21:30 AM
Xeedragon posted...
What do you think of it? In my opinion, if you're blatantly outmatched, than I see no problem with quitting the bloody game. I'm not going to play for 20 more minutes just for someone else to gain rank. I understand that people get upset and whine about it, but again, why should I spend time being a punching bag and not having fun when I play videogames for fun? I mean, I've played videogames for a while, and scrubs are far, far less annoying than tryhards. I can safely say that if I was playing team multiplayer in a game, and someone on my team was taking it way too seriously, I'd knock them off first chance I get..

What you said reminds me of this :
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/681
---
"There is no justice in using and deceiving people!"
#26KanokarePosted 1/14/2013 12:57:41 AM
Shouldn't be online then if you just want to do some stomping. There are always people better than you and if you can't take a loss, then you're just the lesser man/woman and should go back to offline and training type modes. Or for some tips try specific websites and videos.

The only time I'll give rage quitting a half-pass is if the guy you're playing against lags beyond playability. Rage quitting after seeing a hacker of some sort is also fine, but I recommend staying in the game so that you can report the player some how, whether through a replay or maybe a video camera. I'll gladly take the toss if it helps stop cheaters.
---
XBL / PSN / VITA / Steam ID - Kanokare
http://www.youtube.com/user/NOPEnterprise/videos
#27KanokarePosted 1/14/2013 12:59:55 AM
iveriad posted...
Xeedragon posted...
What do you think of it? In my opinion, if you're blatantly outmatched, than I see no problem with quitting the bloody game. I'm not going to play for 20 more minutes just for someone else to gain rank. I understand that people get upset and whine about it, but again, why should I spend time being a punching bag and not having fun when I play videogames for fun? I mean, I've played videogames for a while, and scrubs are far, far less annoying than tryhards. I can safely say that if I was playing team multiplayer in a game, and someone on my team was taking it way too seriously, I'd knock them off first chance I get..

What you said reminds me of this :
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/681

And yeah, some games aren't just meant to be pick up and win. It's funny when people call you a no life for playing the game so well thinking you've played it for many hours. Then you go to compare hours played and you notice they have 20 days time played while you only have 8. Story of my life.
---
XBL / PSN / VITA / Steam ID - Kanokare
http://www.youtube.com/user/NOPEnterprise/videos
#28mjnoir1Posted 1/14/2013 1:17:25 AM
i never understood why ppl look down upon someone spamming moves in a fighting game. if you are so bad he can beat you with one move thats your problem. learn to block/counter/evade. in street fighter i spam moves as ken until a skilled player makes me step it up a notch.
#29darkdragongirlPosted 1/14/2013 1:19:42 AM
In Halo 3 if I was alone I would change the gametype to HLG. Unfortunately you didn't have camo at all times or at all pending map, but it was fun.

>___>
---
Playing: Ragnarok Odyssey
I've got a poring on my mind, and toast in my mouth, let's quest!
#30SplatterHouse55Posted 1/14/2013 1:23:45 AM
I only quit when an enemy team outrageously spawn traps, or when your opposition is obviously cheating. I feel that if they can't play anything close to fair, then I'm under no obligation to stick around. Under any other circumstances, I can still have fun being on the losing end, and there's still a satisfaction (for me) to performing well under losing conditions.