Ragequitting

#31SonyPSVitaPosted 1/14/2013 3:10:26 AM
I don't rage quit because I am awesome at every fps I have played.
---
I was made by Sony and am the successor to the PSP.
#32Maximum OverdrivePosted 1/14/2013 3:12:06 AM
What is with this generation of gamers and the word tryhard? Some people like to play to win. I remember watching a CoD commentary vid on YouTube and the commentator was calling a guy on his team who was doing the objectives by himself a tryhard while everyone else just farmed kills in an objective mode.

At least he's playing it correctly.

And yes, I do occasionally rage quit, mostly when I'm that tryhard capturing flags while my team runs by just to get killed trying to get kills.
---
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL
#33SonyPSVitaPosted 1/14/2013 3:13:53 AM
SonyPSVita posted...

When people invite their friends to stack teams, I just get pissed off, but I still play.
---
I was made by Sony and am the successor to the PSP.
#34dj___rollPosted 1/14/2013 10:35:07 AM
Xeedragon posted...
What do you think of it? In my opinion, if you're blatantly outmatched, than I see no problem with quitting the bloody game. I'm not going to play for 20 more minutes just for someone else to gain rank. I understand that people get upset and whine about it, but again, why should I spend time being a punching bag and not having fun when I play videogames for fun? I mean, I've played videogames for a while, and scrubs are far, far less annoying than tryhards. I can safely say that if I was playing team multiplayer in a game, and someone on my team was taking it way too seriously, I'd knock them off first chance I get..

So, the game is only fun if you play against people that don't try or suck? That's horrible. I don't like losing either, but if I'm ever going to get better at a game, I need to play against better people. Also, what game do YOU play that takes 20+ minutes to finish a round? Don't play competitive online games if you don't like to lose. Stick to co-op. Whining that people are better than you and trying to insult them by calling them tryhards is ridiculous. I'm sorry you are too lazy, insecure, or unmotivated to get better at a game and lose sometimes.

I hope I never play with you. You sound like the guy that complains about every single technique used if it beats you as if its unfair.
---
...to boldly split infinitives that no man had split before...
#35dj___rollPosted 1/14/2013 10:39:55 AM
thompsontalker7 posted...
I only do it when there is obvious bulls**** going on, like the enemy team spawntrapping you or opponent is spamming moves in a fighter.

So when they are better than you. Got it. Nothing wrong with that. You can get out of a spawntrap with effort. And if you can't beat a spammer, you either don't fully understand the mechanics of the game or don't know what spammer means.

Cheating is one thing, taking advantage of the game's mechanics is another.
---
...to boldly split infinitives that no man had split before...
#36Draconas_LyrrPosted 1/14/2013 10:55:10 AM
Xeedragon posted...
darkphiresage posted...
Xeedragon posted...
What do you think of it?

Poor sportsmanship. Regardless of w/e your reasons may be, if you can't take your ass whipping, stay outta rated matches. "It's only fun if I'm winning" is a child's mentality. No offense, of course, tc. Just answering your question.

I actually have fun when I'm losing, too. It's only when the other team groups into a virtually unassailable fortress right next to our spawn spot and do this for 5-10 minutes that I quit. I don't care about ranking, I just prefer to have fun instead of adhering to some idiotic concept of sportsmanship.

This, 100%.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#37mike_411Posted 1/14/2013 11:06:20 AM
dj___roll posted...
I only do it when there is obvious bulls**** going on, like the enemy team spawntrapping you or opponent is spamming moves in a fighter.

So when they are better than you. Got it. Nothing wrong with that. You can get out of a spawntrap with effort. And if you can't beat a spammer, you either don't fully understand the mechanics of the game or don't know what spammer means.

Try playing a round of battlefield where the other guys have their heli circling your spawn and destroying your choppers while snipers camp near the spawn and tanks snipe out your Vehicles before you even make it to shore. That is the epitome of rage inducing to me.

Battlefield matches are long too so you just sit there getting your ass pounded mercilessly in all differernt kinds of positions.

Oh, can anyone guess the map i'm talking about? :)
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#38laxnd23Posted 1/14/2013 11:15:28 AM
SonyPSVita posted...
SonyPSVita posted...

When people invite their friends to stack teams, I just get pissed off, but I still play.

Did you just quote and reply to yourself?
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#39thompsontalker7Posted 1/14/2013 11:25:06 AM
dj___roll posted...

Do I hear a spawn trapper justifying his wicked deeds?

Trust me, in Black Ops 2, when you're stuck in your spawn, Guardians trapping you in, Orbital V-Sats giving away your every position, dogs ripping your balls off, and a Swarm of Hunter Killer drones shoving themselves up your ass, there is no "effort" that will get you free. Should you stay, all you're doing is giving them free kills.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#40SailorSatournePosted 1/14/2013 11:28:57 AM
I don't play FPS, but I do a bit of fighting. When I meet someone who outclasses me, I am usually spam the "fight again" button until they get bored of me, because I'm kind of obsessive with overcoming that challenge and at least scoring one win.

But I have rage quite a few times. Usually when I do, my frustration with a game has hit critical mass. At this point I don't even leave the lobby. I hit the power button on my system and go outside for a relaxing walk.
---
Placeholder signature so people don't skip the last line of my posts.