"U.S. video game hardware in 2012: Winners, losers (vita?) and retirees"

#1nariusseldonPosted 1/14/2013 12:01:17 PM
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/184714/US_video_game_hardware_in_2012_Winners_losers_and_retirees.php#.UPRVImfL__k

"And even though Sony's PlayStation Vita hasn't been out for a year yet, I think it's safe to say that it's going nowhere fast. From my estimations, in the U.S. the system moved right around 250,000 units in December, putting its total sales in 11 months at 1.28 million units."

"What precedent do we have for this kind of anemic launch? The Nintendo DS hit 1.4 million units in three months in the U.S. The PSP hit 1.2 million in three months. The Nintendo 3DS hit 1.4 million in seven months. Even the PS3, which had a disastrous post-launch year, still hit 1.3 million in 6 months."

almost 4 times slower than the PSP, and almost 2 times slower than the PS3. Any hope left?
#2PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/14/2013 12:07:57 PM
nariusseldon posted...
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/184714/US_video_game_hardware_in_2012_Winners_losers_and_retirees.php#.UPRVImfL__k

"And even though Sony's PlayStation Vita hasn't been out for a year yet, I think it's safe to say that it's going nowhere fast. From my estimations, in the U.S. the system moved right around 250,000 units in December, putting its total sales in 11 months at 1.28 million units."

"What precedent do we have for this kind of anemic launch? The Nintendo DS hit 1.4 million units in three months in the U.S. The PSP hit 1.2 million in three months. The Nintendo 3DS hit 1.4 million in seven months. Even the PS3, which had a disastrous post-launch year, still hit 1.3 million in 6 months."

almost 4 times slower than the PSP, and almost 2 times slower than the PS3. Any hope left?

lol You make it seem as if the world's coming to an end with that statement. I see you take this serious guy!

How about this. If it dies, it dies. Life goes on. Feel better?
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#3nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 12:09:59 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
nariusseldon posted...

lol You make it seem as if the world's coming to an end with that statement. I see you take this serious guy!

You mean the article. Note the quote? It is not my statement. It is the statement from gamasutra.
#4PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/14/2013 12:23:02 PM
nariusseldon posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
nariusseldon posted...

You mean the article. Note the quote? It is not my statement. It is the statement from gamasutra.

...or maybe I'm talking about the sentence I bolded?
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#5PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/14/2013 12:26:35 PM
Darn it. I broke my number 1 rule again.

"If you feed em', they'll come back for more."

I really need to work on my restraint.

Buh bye.
---
#6The_DjokerPosted 1/14/2013 12:28:31 PM
So North America sales summed up

Awesome - 360 and 3DS
Good - PS3
Average - Wii U
Bad- Vita
Irrelevant - Wii, PSP and DS.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/7kegku1z7/lolkanji.png
#7CompassPosted 1/14/2013 12:29:20 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

Buh bye.

^^lol, these facts really get you worked up into a tizzy, huh.
#8mike_411Posted 1/14/2013 12:29:41 PM
:(
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#9stargazer64Posted 1/14/2013 12:31:09 PM
I'm sure Sony has a ton of killer software lined up to combat these poor sales.

Right guys?

Right?!?!?!?
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#10HMRSXPosted 1/14/2013 12:36:57 PM
Compass posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

Buh bye.

^^lol, these facts really get you worked up into a tizzy, huh.

Just taking a wild guess here, but is "Compass" short for "complete ass"?

Would be consistent with the way you conduct yourself on these boards.