If you don't care about sales, you don't care about the Vita...

#11stargazer64Posted 1/14/2013 10:22:25 PM
kyncani posted...
Like the Wii ?

Lulz, he got you there TC
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#12Natureboy99Posted 1/14/2013 10:32:13 PM
This is a complex issue. However, there are factors that the "sales matter" people always miss:

-Sony has the best and most 1st party devs in the business. First party games alone make Vita worth it, and we are continuing to get new games for the forseeable future. Sony doesn't factor install base as long as they are selling the platform, which they are. Sony first party is not only churning out new games for Vita, but crossbuy is full of win for first party ports.

-Power ports. A port can be a cheap way to expand sales. There are many PS360 games that are too much for 3DS or Android to handle. Madden. NFS. EDF. UMvC3, MGS HD, FFX HD, etc. Why does Vita get these when 3DS doesn't? Power, and ease of port.

-PSN ecosystem. Lots of smaller games come to Vita as ports, because its cheap and easy. The PSN ecosystem is much more friendly to indies than the eShop. The proof is in the games. Not only does Vita get some of the best BC games of the past, but it gets way more new indy games too.

I'm not worried about sales because sales will come. Vita is extremely compelling, and gamers are just starting to wake up to it. Its getting more games that I want to play than any other portable.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#13archedsoulPosted 1/14/2013 10:38:07 PM
Natureboy99 posted...
This is a complex issue. However, there are factors that the "sales matter" people always miss:

-Sony has the best and most 1st party devs in the business. First party games alone make Vita worth it, and we are continuing to get new games for the forseeable future. Sony doesn't factor install base as long as they are selling the platform, which they are. Sony first party is not only churning out new games for Vita, but crossbuy is full of win for first party ports.

-Power ports. A port can be a cheap way to expand sales. There are many PS360 games that are too much for 3DS or Android to handle. Madden. NFS. EDF. UMvC3, MGS HD, FFX HD, etc. Why does Vita get these when 3DS doesn't? Power, and ease of port.

-PSN ecosystem. Lots of smaller games come to Vita as ports, because its cheap and easy. The PSN ecosystem is much more friendly to indies than the eShop. The proof is in the games. Not only does Vita get some of the best BC games of the past, but it gets way more new indy games too.

I'm not worried about sales because sales will come. Vita is extremely compelling, and gamers are just starting to wake up to it. Its getting more games that I want to play than any other portable.

More like you need to wake up and face reality. Half of what you said is straight up wrong or baseless.
#14vgsrule(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 5:33:00 AM
Who cares for the system more? The ones who buy it even with low sales or the one who buy it only because of high sales?

The true one who cares is the one who does not get caught up in that drama. You could say those who don't care about sales do not care about the life expectancy though I suppose.

I don't think that sales should be a huge factor in purchasing a system. The games and announced games should be, however, which sales will surely impact.

If somebody buys a system with high sales, and it doesn't have any games they like, they're buying it for the wrong reason. Same with someone who buys it because it's the "underdog".

If someone buys the system and games they enjoy, I'd say they care. They REALLY care if they give it nice word of mouth and recommend it to friends/people online.

Worrying about how the system is selling is optional, and doesn't mean that they don't care.

I agree with that. I'm talking about people who say sales don't matter, not those that are neutral and pay no real attention to it.

kyncani posted...
Like the Wii ?

Lulz, he got you there TC

...I honestly don't get what you're saying here.
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#15stargazer64Posted 1/15/2013 5:37:14 AM
Re: VGSrule and the Wii confusion....the Wii hardware sold amazingly well for several years, but third party support was still pretty pathetic for the most part. It got a ton of shovelware and most quality third party releases went elsewhere.

They are completely different circumstances, of course, but it puts holes in the theory that great hardware sales = great games and support.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#16FKRW4LifePosted 1/15/2013 5:41:21 AM
All I know is that every Wednesday when the sales get posted my vita is magically less fun to play with, the 100+titles I have on it somehow grow smaller, and its pulse slacks a bit.
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#17StrikeNinja24Posted 1/15/2013 5:54:49 AM
stargazer64 posted...
Re: VGSrule and the Wii confusion....the Wii hardware sold amazingly well for several years, but third party support was still pretty pathetic for the most part. It got a ton of shovelware and most quality third party releases went elsewhere.

They are completely different circumstances, of course, but it puts holes in the theory that great hardware sales = great games and support.

That is more so Nintendo's iron grip on their products and image than anything else.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#18Biezulbub669Posted 1/15/2013 5:57:06 AM(edited)
All I care about is Killzone Vita and Soul Sacrifice. Once I have those games I won't care if they never release another Vita game ever again! Or if the Vita never gets another sale ever again!

lolz.
---
PSN - BiezulbubBill69
http://www.youtube.com/user/biezulbub669
#19WhiteSword7Posted 1/15/2013 6:00:29 AM
vgsrule posted...
I'm being serious.

Sales determine how well a system does. It determines how well as game does. If the sales do not reach the expected amount, there will be a negative impact on the system. It will not be supported. It will not get good games. Worst case scenario, it could completely die.

People seem to think that when people care about sales, they're jumping on the bandwagon. That they think the 3DS is better because it sells better. That the Vita is disliked because of it's sales. "It's better because it's popular!" That is not (hopefully) what people are saying.

The Vita needs to sell in order to better itself. If you do not care about sales, because you're content with current and announced games, you are being ignorant.

It's common sense. I really hate this argument. Because most people arguing are just completely ignorant of what the argument is even about. They insist on defending their console of choice, not wanting to critique the Vita in anyway, or "gasp" say something positive about the 3DS!

I just needed to say this. This board is really sad in a lot of ways, but this is pretty much the worst, imo.

So.... as a customer what do you want us to do?
"care" is not a solution
---
PSN: Derrysan360-US
Please Message me first via PSN, because Random friend request will be deleted
#20stargazer64Posted 1/15/2013 6:09:42 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
stargazer64 posted...

That is more so Nintendo's iron grip on their products and image than anything else.

It had to do with many things....devs coming to grips with motion controls, not wanting to commit their best teams to outdated hardware, Nintendo dominating the software market while everyone else fought for scraps, the fact that ps3 and 360 had similar specs so they could release the 'same' game on each system fairly easily, etc etc.
---