If you don't care about sales, you don't care about the Vita...

#41hajile12Posted 1/15/2013 12:43:00 PM
Sales have nothing to do with my personal enjoyment of the games that have released already for the vita. SFxTK didnt sell very well yet i find it to be amazing. Psasbr didnt sell amazingly and yet its one of my favorites!!
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#42Natureboy99Posted 1/15/2013 12:56:46 PM
Terotrous posted...
Natureboy99 posted...
I think their holiday action was to add plus to Vita, and push cross buy. They are basically making the Vita super compelling for ps3 owners and especially plus subscribers.

I think they're trying to do this, but it's probably not a good idea. Since PS3 and Vita are substitutes for each other to some extent (they share many of the same games), it's actually probably better to go after people who DON'T own a PS3.

It also seems to be the case that Sony's main fanbase just doesn't like PSP / PSV. If you go to the Wii board and ask how many people also own DS, it'll be like 85%. On the PS3 board, only like 20% also own PSP. There seems to be much more overlap between Nintendo's main audience and the buyers of the Sony handhelds.

This may have to do with the Eastern / Western divide. PS3, 360, and PC are all western-dominated systems, while Wii, Wii U, DS, PSP, 3DS, and PSV are all eastern-dominated systems.

You might be right. Still, I appreciate that they are avoiding the 5 month price cut. They know gamers want it. But they also want to sell the PS4, and a early price cut discourages early adopting. I think WiiU sales are being hurt by the 3DS price cut (among other things).
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#43kyncaniPosted 1/15/2013 2:32:44 PM
vgsrule posted...
Sales determine how well a system does. It determines how well as game does.

vgsrule posted...
kyncani posted...
Like the Wii ?

Lulz, he got you there TC

...I honestly don't get what you're saying here.

The Wii sold well, better than Xbox 360 or PS3, it's one of the best selling consoles of all times.
Somehow it did not translate into a much better game library.
#44FKRW4LifePosted 1/15/2013 3:09:00 PM
vgsrule posted...

All I know is that every Wednesday when the sales get posted my vita is magically less fun to play with, the 100+titles I have on it somehow grow smaller, and its pulse slacks a bit.

Missing the point.

So.... as a customer what do you want us to do?
"care" is not a solution

I didn't ask you to do anything. I just wanted to state my opinion on why I think this argument is heavily flawed.

Actually I think you missed my point. For me I own more games on the Vita than Ive ever owned on any other system already. So at this point anything else that comes out for it that is any good is just a bonus for me. I bought a Vita to play old PSP, PSOne, etc games on it just as much as Vita games. While I wish it had 100% BC instead of 87%, it is still very fulfilling.

I just wish Spyro & Crash was covered :(
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#45NnamzPosted 1/15/2013 3:30:02 PM
I expected, and continue to expect a lot out of the Vita. As such, I care about sales.

I'd agree that first party games alone will make it "worth it", but I don't think I'm wrong for expecting more.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#46BlestsolPosted 1/15/2013 5:27:53 PM
Compass posted...
Blestsol posted...
I still don't care about sells. I'm not on their marketing team or payroll. There's nothing I can do about it. This is a stupid topic.

Almost as stupid as somebody who talks about "sells"? Indeed.

Your trolling weirds me out. Doesn't offend me though, carry on.
---
Psn:Blestsoul
#47BlestsolPosted 1/15/2013 5:29:28 PM
Blestsol posted...
I still don't care about sells. I'm not on their marketing team or payroll. There's nothing I can do about it. This is a stupid topic.

Sales. Thanks troll. =]
---
Psn:Blestsoul
#48CompassPosted 1/15/2013 8:36:19 PM
I'm here to help.
#49DunGoofdPosted 1/15/2013 9:25:45 PM(edited)
Natureboy99 posted...
I think their holiday action was to add plus to Vita, and push cross buy. They are basically making the Vita super compelling for ps3 owners and especially plus subscribers. I think their next step is to cut price at E3. They also could push it as a PS4 controller. Lastly, I think they have some really big games lined up for Vita including Gran Turismo 6 cross buy, Bioshock Vita, and MGS V with transfarring. Vita has a strong 2013 lined up. But yeah if sales are bad it might have a bad 2014.

When was GT6 and MGS5 for the Vita announced/hinted at? And last I heard, Bioshock Vita was pretty much cancelled...
#50kdiz4321Posted 1/15/2013 9:43:26 PM
kyncani posted...
vgsrule posted...
Sales determine how well a system does. It determines how well as game does.

vgsrule posted...
kyncani posted...
Like the Wii ?

Lulz, he got you there TC

...I honestly don't get what you're saying here.

The Wii sold well, better than Xbox 360 or PS3, it's one of the best selling consoles of all times.
Somehow it did not translate into a much better game library.

This is true; good sales do not necessarily guarantee a good game library. However that does not counter the statement many say when referring to vita sales: poor sales will lead to a poor library.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.