If you don't care about sales, you don't care about the Vita...

#51Shadowfxd2Posted 1/15/2013 8:46:08 PM
"sales don't matter, only shiny toy with pretty graphics matters"

-typical Vita fan
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#52Tino_Tonitini2Posted 1/15/2013 8:57:35 PM(edited)
Nnamz posted...
I expected, and continue to expect a lot out of the Vita. As such, I care about sales.

I'd agree that first party games alone will make it "worth it", but I don't think I'm wrong for expecting more.

You're probably one of the few who seems to get it or at least isn't in denial. It's great if people love the Vita and they shouldn't let sales numbers dissuade them from buying a game or the system if they know they want it or enjoy it. However, if Vita fans DO want more games in the future, they can't just shrug off the poor sales wherever they exist (they certainly do in Japan) and claim they don't matter. You can't expect more quality games for the Vita if it's not selling well. I would say the same of any struggling system, even it's the Wii U, which may or may not be be off to a rough start. It's hard to tell since there are conflicting reports.
#53NnamzPosted 1/15/2013 9:26:30 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
"sales don't matter, only shiny toy with pretty graphics matters"

-typical Vita fan

The vast majority of all gamers have no idea how their systems sell, and therefore think they "don't matter".

Don't use this board as an example of the "typical Vita fan".
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#54NnamzPosted 1/15/2013 9:28:30 PM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
Nnamz posted...
I expected, and continue to expect a lot out of the Vita. As such, I care about sales.

I'd agree that first party games alone will make it "worth it", but I don't think I'm wrong for expecting more.

You're probably one of the few who seems to get it or at least isn't in denial. It's great if people love the Vita and they shouldn't let sales numbers dissuade them from buying a game or the system if they know they want it or enjoy it. However, if Vita fans DO want more games in the future, they can't just shrug off the poor sales wherever they exist (they certainly do in Japan) and claim they don't matter. You can't expect more quality games for the Vita if it's not selling well. I would say the same of any struggling system, even it's the Wii U, which may or may not be be off to a rough start. It's hard to tell since there are conflicting reports.

Exactly. People, especially weeboos, should care about Vita sales. Vita is failing in Japan and will get nothing but ports until sales pick up, if ever. People should care instead of pretending Japan doesn't matter.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#55Natureboy99Posted 1/15/2013 9:44:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#56lordcloudxPosted 1/15/2013 9:59:17 PM
lordcloudx posted...
vgsrule posted...
The Vita needs to sell in order to better itself. If you do not care about sales, because you're content with current and announced games, you are being ignorant.

Let's talk about this particular paragraph for a bit...

The Vita needs to sell in order to better itself.
Yes, exactly. No argument there.

If you do not care about sales, because you're content with current and announced games, you are being ignorant

Okay, so how is being satisfied with the Vita's current and announced library being ignorant? If anything, I'd say that's actually being practical. If you're currently satisfied with the system as it stands, then there's really not much room for disappointment or buyer's remorse as soon as it's discontinued 24 hours from this post... or years later, as the case may be. It's a very convenient stand to take. If somehow this sort of consumerist attitude is killing the Vita and Sony, then perhaps it really is time for the system/company to die. In the end, no big loss to the satisfied Vita owner.

So yeah, you'll need to expound a bit on the whole "it's being ignorant" argument you've got going here. Are you suggesting that as gamers, it's our sworn and solemn duty to give a **** about what's happening in the video game industry as opposed to... I dunno, just playing the games and enjoying them?

Hey guyz, it's pretty nice that you've been in agreement for the past few posts that sales do matter, but that still doesn't answer my original query to vgsrule in particular. How is not caring about sales being "ignorant?" I mean, it's an indifferent attitude to take, yes, but ignorant?

In that vein, how is caring about sales going to help the situation? Does that mean that you should care about sales so that you subconsciously allow your "caring about sales" to influence your attitude about buying games/hardware? Therefore, you end up helping Sony out at your own expense? If it's up to Sony to do something about it, caring or not caring about sales doesn't really matter as long as you keep buying games for the system as usual doesn't it? Sorry, but you'll have to enlighten me as to how "caring about sales" can matter to a Vita owner. What difference does it make to "care about sales" exactly? Please don't answer with, "sales matter for third-party support" because I doubt that the ordinary Vita owner "caring about sales" would result in the better third-party support that everyone would/should welcome.
---
Vitassurance: The Webcomic http://www.jaded-perspectives.com/2013/01/vitassurance-webcome-1.html
#57poolmav2007Posted 1/15/2013 11:36:42 PM
lordcloudx posted...
lordcloudx posted...
vgsrule posted...
The Vita needs to sell in order to better itself. If you do not care about sales, because you're content with current and announced games, you are being ignorant.

Let's talk about this particular paragraph for a bit...

The Vita needs to sell in order to better itself.
Yes, exactly. No argument there.

If you do not care about sales, because you're content with current and announced games, you are being ignorant

Okay, so how is being satisfied with the Vita's current and announced library being ignorant? If anything, I'd say that's actually being practical. If you're currently satisfied with the system as it stands, then there's really not much room for disappointment or buyer's remorse as soon as it's discontinued 24 hours from this post... or years later, as the case may be. It's a very convenient stand to take. If somehow this sort of consumerist attitude is killing the Vita and Sony, then perhaps it really is time for the system/company to die. In the end, no big loss to the satisfied Vita owner.

So yeah, you'll need to expound a bit on the whole "it's being ignorant" argument you've got going here. Are you suggesting that as gamers, it's our sworn and solemn duty to give a **** about what's happening in the video game industry as opposed to... I dunno, just playing the games and enjoying them?

Hey guyz, it's pretty nice that you've been in agreement for the past few posts that sales do matter, but that still doesn't answer my original query to vgsrule in particular. How is not caring about sales being "ignorant?" I mean, it's an indifferent attitude to take, yes, but ignorant?

In that vein, how is caring about sales going to help the situation? Does that mean that you should care about sales so that you subconsciously allow your "caring about sales" to influence your attitude about buying games/hardware? Therefore, you end up helping Sony out at your own expense? If it's up to Sony to do something about it, caring or not caring about sales doesn't really matter as long as you keep buying games for the system as usual doesn't it? Sorry, but you'll have to enlighten me as to how "caring about sales" can matter to a Vita owner. What difference does it make to "care about sales" exactly? Please don't answer with, "sales matter for third-party support" because I doubt that the ordinary Vita owner "caring about sales" would result in the better third-party support that everyone would/should welcome.

This! You took the words right out of my mouth. Not caring about sales= ignorance??? It's another story if TC is trying to communicate it this way; if someone is thinking sales don't matter at all then they are being ignorant. That is true.

Your argument needs a bit of work TC.
---
---
Cheers! Arc the Lad 2 is still my No. 1.
#58vgsrule(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 8:39:30 AM
All right, I'll clarify a bit. It was badly worded.

The reason I created this topic is because of the arguments I was seeing where people argue over whether sales matter or not. The side that believes they didn't, used their current enjoyment with the Vita as their example. That's what I mean by ignorant. Here's a better wording:

If you do not believe that sales matter, because you are currently content with your system, then you are being ignorant.

Again, I'm not saying that people have to care about sales. If you enjoy your system, that's fine. What I hate, is the flawed argument, that sales are not important, or that people are stupid for caring about sales, because that person is already fine with their Vita, or that caring about sales somehow translates to only caring about what is popular, when in reality, it's just caring about the success of a system.

I just really think that this board is in constant denial. The Vita has problems. Ignoring them is only going to hurt it, and make this board look like a bunch of idiots.
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#59kyncaniPosted 1/16/2013 10:42:47 AM
kdiz4321 posted...
kyncani posted...
vgsrule posted...
Sales determine how well a system does. It determines how well as game does.

vgsrule posted...

kyncani posted...
Like the Wii ?

Lulz, he got you there TC

...I honestly don't get what you're saying here.

The Wii sold well, better than Xbox 360 or PS3, it's one of the best selling consoles of all times.
Somehow it did not translate into a much better game library.

This is true; good sales do not necessarily guarantee a good game library. However that does not counter the statement many say when referring to vita sales: poor sales will lead to a poor library.

... Like the Neo Geo ? ;)

Don't get me wrong : I'm sure it must true at some level.
But for the past 25 years playing video games, I'd still have a hard time associating games I've enjoyed with sales on PCs, home consoles, handhelds or specialized hardware.

Not that it matters anyway : the game libraries are there; anyone can see what games are already out and choose which consoles they want.