Nintendo fans , what stops you buying a Vita ?

#11monkeyspoonPosted 1/16/2013 12:41:25 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
I own the Vita and hate it, not a Nintendo fan either, just really disappointed with it since launch.

inb4nintendrone
inb4sellit
inb4yousatroll

I've been on this board for a while and your always bashing the Vita. Why would someone keep something if they hate it that much.

Because he's a troll. He admits to hating the vita but still spends all day on the vita board trolling it. He's pathetic.

There are things I don't like but I don't go on their boards to troll them.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, 3DS ID: 2621-2595-4009, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon
#12BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 12:45:27 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
I own the Vita and hate it, not a Nintendo fan either, just really disappointed with it since launch.

inb4nintendrone
inb4sellit
inb4yousatroll

I've been on this board for a while and your always bashing the Vita. Why would someone keep something if they hate it that much.

Because he's a troll. He admits to hating the vita but still spends all day on the vita board trolling it. He's pathetic.

My guess he doesn't have much of a good life then. Maybe his DS isn't as fun as he hoped it would be if he has to come on other message boards all day and put them down.

WHy do people even troll, how does it matter to someone else that doesn't own that console if it's selling badly. I don't care in the slightest how the DS is doing as I don't own one. SO why do so many DS owners care so much about the VITA ?

Maybe deep down they know it's a good console or something I'm not sure.
#13DarthFloatyPosted 1/16/2013 12:48:46 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
I should of made the topic, what would make you buy a VITA.

So if there were really good games on it, would you buy one ? Because I honestly don't think a Nintendo fan would because they hate Sony that much.

Me, I'm neutral, I'm willing to give any brand a go.

I'm a Nintendo fan to the point that I'd buy a system JUST for their games. I'd pay more money than I currently do for them. And I spend 75%+ of my gaming time playing Nintendo exclusives.

And I really want a Vita. I'm looking forward to getting one, and enjoying several games, such as PSAS, Jet Set Radio, probably Gravity Rush, and certainly Persona 4 Golden. I don't "hate" Sony and that assumption is just a stereotype. I'm just waiting for a few things before it's worth it to me.
#14DynheartPosted 1/16/2013 1:00:44 AM(edited)
Honestly...It's because I've been buying Nintendo's handheld gaming devices since I was a kid. Here's it's been 20+ years now, and I'm still buying their handhelds.

Sony? They did alright with the PSP, but I wanted to be sure they could win me over as a customer, like Nintendo has for 20+ years with their handhelds. The PSP just didn't hold up...

So they gave it another go, with the PSP Go! That didn't win me over either.

Now with the Vita they didn't, as a company, prove to me with the PSP to warrant a day 1 purchase. They sure as hell didn't help themselves with the PSP Go... So I just waited...and it seems, so far, that although it's a great piece of hardware. It's not being supported well, at all. Not by Sony, or by 3rd party.

That's why I wont buy one...not yet any way.

Sony has a lot of work ahead of them if they want this thing to sell, get support AND to last. Right now? It may go the way of the Dodo.

This isn't coming from being a Nintendo fan, nor a hater or whatever. It's simply a person who owned a PSP. Felt like they didn't much out of it (not as much as the DS)...hoped the GO would solve things, but didn't. Pretty much just looking at this as a customer.

The Vita doesn't look appealing ATM. Not to mention, since I DID grow up with Nintendo...there are more games that the 3DS appeals to me. So in that respect, the Vita/Sony has to work that much harder to get my sale. And believe me...I love games, not companies. Give me fun games, not pretty graphics (least of my worries), and I'll consider. And no, I don't care about reviews. It's my experience that matters in the grand scheme of things; my opinion, not theirs.

I hope Sony pulls it together for the good of the industry. A monopoly is never a good thing.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#15DemonDog666Posted 1/16/2013 12:59:51 AM
Dynheart posted...
Honestly...It's because I've been buying Nintendo's handheld gaming devices since I was a kid. Here's it's been 20+ years now, and I'm still buying their handhelds.

Sony? They did alright with the PSP, but I wanted to be sure they could win me over as a customer, like Nintendo has for 20+ years with their handhelds. The PSP just didn't hold up...

Now with the Vita they didn't, as a company, prove to me with the PSP to warrant a day 1 purchase. They sure as hell didn't help themselves with the PSP Go... So I just waited...and it seems, so far, that although it's a great piece of hardware. It's not being supported well, at all. Not by Sony, or by 3rd party.

Sony has a lot of work ahead of them if they want this thing to sell, get support AND to last. Right now? It may go the way of the Dodo.

This isn't coming from being a Nintendo fan, nor a hater or whatever. It's simply a person who owned a PSP. Felt like they didn't much out of it (not as much as the DS)...hoped the GO would solve things, but didn't. Pretty much just looking at this as a customer.

The Vita doesn't look appealing ATM. Not to mention, since I DID grow up with Nintendo...there are more games that the 3DS appeals to me. So in that respect, the Vita/Sony has to work that much harder to get my sale. And believe me...I love games, not companies. Give me fun games, not pretty, and I'll consider. And no, I don't care about reviews. It's my experience that matters in the grand scheme of things; my opinion, not theirs.

I hope Sony pulls it together for the good of the industry. A monopoly is never a good thing.

see lack of Nintendo logo, 3DS certainly isn't worth a day one purchase and he's acting like it is because of the Nintendo logo. Also ignorant acting like pspgo was another handheld instead of just a different skew.
#16DarthFloatyPosted 1/16/2013 1:03:15 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
see lack of Nintendo logo, 3DS certainly isn't worth a day one purchase and he's acting like it is because of the Nintendo logo. Also ignorant acting like pspgo was another handheld instead of just a different skew.

But he gave valid reasons as to why he trusts the Nintendo logo for a handheld and not Sony's. Sure he didn't understand the PSPGO (at least based on what he said in his post), but his opinion is reasonable and logical. It deserves as much respect as any other.
#17DynheartPosted 1/16/2013 1:10:12 AM(edited)
DemonDog666 posted...
Dynheart posted...

The Vita doesn't look appealing ATM. Not to mention, since I DID grow up with Nintendo...there are more games that the 3DS appeals to me. So in that respect, the Vita/Sony has to work that much harder to get my sale. And believe me...I love games, not companies. Give me fun games, not pretty, and I'll consider. And no, I don't care about reviews. It's my experience that matters in the grand scheme of things; my opinion, not theirs.

Nice assumption there. I wouldn't expect anything less from you, though.

By the way...I said I like games, not companies. I bought my 3DS less than 5 months ago. Where did I say, in my post, that I bought it day 1? I just said I wouldn't buy a Vita day 1. Not o mention I said I would purchase one if I knew it would be certain there would be support in the future. It looks grim as hell right now, so I'll wait...like a smart buyer.

/bow
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#18SoeroahPosted 1/16/2013 1:06:18 AM
I don't hate the Vita, that'd be dumb.

The main thing that stops me from getting a Vita currently is there aren't enough games I find interesting enough to justify the $400+ to buy it (yes that's the Australian price) when I could use that cash on other things.

I further dislike the idea that I have to buy a memory card from Sony to have it work. If it accepted any old brand it wouldn't be so bad, but so far as I know it's Sony only, which means they are generally more expensive that they otherwise would be.

Another thing is the annoyance that I can't play my PSP games on the Vita without repurchasing them on the PSN store. I generally don't go for digital downloads as I like having boxes and junk, and it's created a worry for me that the successor to the Vita may not be able to play Vita games, so that gives me pause.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#19Shadowfxd2Posted 1/16/2013 1:06:36 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

inb4nintendrone
inb4sellit
inb4yousatroll

you admit to hating the Wii U and not owning one, yet sit on the Wii U board trolling, if you're not here defending the Vita. So what are you?
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#20UiruPosted 1/16/2013 1:07:13 AM
Memory card price. I'm not an idiot. I'm not a thief. Therefore, I'm not paying $100 for 32 GB of memory, especially- ESPECIALLY- when I put the same amount in my 3DS for $40. A year and a half ago. You could probably do that for $25 now.

My system seller already exists- Disgaea 3. However, as I've already put 700 hours into the PS3 version, and League of Legends has created an IMMENSE backlog of console games for me to get through, I am not going to waste time and money on a system built from the ground up with the expectation that I am a criminal. So, I can wait. It's not like I don't have a dozen other things to do (and yet, I play League just about every day anyway- it's a wonder I'm as far into Paper Mario as I am).

At this point I hope for a revision with the following: SD card support (or Sony bringing their cards in line with industry standards... in other words, SD card support), TV out, and DS3 support. I am seriously considering a PSPGo just to play PSP games on my TV with a controller, as Prinny is the best game ever made and a controller with handles will only make the experience better.
---
~Uiru