Nintendo fans , what stops you buying a Vita ?

#211Sailor GoonPosted 1/16/2013 1:54:37 PM
I really just laugh at people who still say the Vita has no games. Those 50+ games just don't exist I guess.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#212Lord_VishanaPosted 1/16/2013 2:02:52 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
I really just laugh at people who still say the Vita has no games. Those 50+ games just don't exist I guess.

Hmmm, here's a thought. Perhaps these people have different opinions!? I didn't buy a Vita until Disagea 3 released, before that the available games were terrible.
---
3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 PSN: Queen_Sialeeds Balthier Basched his Penelo into Fran's Ashe in the back of the Vaan
#213StrikeNinja24Posted 1/16/2013 2:03:57 PM
Sailor Goon posted...

By that logic, the Wii has plenty of games you should be jumping at the chance to play.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#214Sailor GoonPosted 1/16/2013 2:06:36 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

Hmmm, here's a thought. Perhaps these people have different opinions!? I didn't buy a Vita until Disagea 3 released, before that the available games were terrible.

No one said anything about different opinions. People are still stupidly saying the Vita has no games. There's a HUGE difference between "you know, the Vita games out right now just dont interest me" and "the system just has no games" There's over 50 games available for the system. And really, if you cant find a few games out of 50 that interest you, the fault is your own for having crappy taste in games.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#215asdfth12Posted 1/16/2013 2:09:15 PM
The removal of the UMD drive, and Sony forcing people to pay for games they already bought.
#216pacpuf7249Posted 1/16/2013 2:17:12 PM
Because I already have a fat PS3, DS, GBA, PS2, PS1, GC, PC, PSP, and another PS3 (thought fat PS3 would die, so dad bought it for christmas), so I love Sony AND Nintendo (though I didnt buy any console for company love, I DID IT FOR THE GAMES).

Why the F*** would I want another console? I barely have time to play my new games I got in winter (ACIII, Pokemon White 2, Uncharted Dual Pack and Infamous Collection).

People who buy new consoles every 6-15 months, why cant you just appreciate what you already have?
---
Cool Smash is an action movie in where Matrix-and-X-Men-like characters fight in the warehouse that appeared in the first episode of Falling Skies.
#217Lacrymosa143Posted 1/16/2013 2:23:54 PM
FlaccidKratos posted...
I'm not a Nintendo fan, but my guess would be that there is not a very attractive game library for the price you're paying for the hardware.

And the 3DS does? The only game out right now that I am interested in is a remake of an older game. And the E shop for the 3DS is crap compared to the psn shop for the Vita. The psn shop alone is good enough to get a Vita for if you don't have a psp already. And the Vita has better exclusives right now than the 3DS imo. They each have about 4 good exclusives for them out right now. If Bravely Default comes out for the west then i would agree 3DS is better though
#218anon_firePosted 1/16/2013 2:27:59 PM
The thing stopping me from buying the Vita are these:

Phantasy Star Portable 2
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity

Which both don't work on the Vita.
#219Dark_AbaddonPosted 1/16/2013 3:06:01 PM
I enjoy first party and second party Nintendo games, so I assume that makes me a Nintendo fan...

I normally buy Nintendo consoles because I usually enjoy first party and second party Nintendo games, and based on probability from a large sample pool of enjoyed games, I assume I will continue to find games made by Nintendo that I will enjoy. If I stop enjoying Nintendo games frequently, that will change.

I bought a 3DS (at launch) because of the games announced for it. I knew I wanted Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and a bunch of other games. Unfortunately some of these games have taken longer to come out than I expected, but I have found other games that I enjoyed (to name a few: Kid Icarus Uprising, Pushmo, Denpa Men, Kingdom Hearts 3D) while waiting.

In fact, I currently have a large gaming backlog between my PC, 3DS, and other consoles (I have had a large backlog for almost a year now). There is also a long list of games I will most likely be purchasing in Q1 and Q2 that will make that backlog much larger, and eat up my gaming budget for a while.

In regards to the Vita, there are a couple of RPGs out for it that do somewhat interest me. Under the assumption that Sony will keep supporting the Vita, there are two real reasons that are keeping me from buying the Vita. The first one is my backlog and the upcoming release schedules for the PC/consoles I own. I sadly do not have the time to accommodate another system's worth of games. The second problem is my gaming budget. Like I said, there is a long list of upcoming releases that I really want to play, and it is a better use of my money to buy more of those games than it is to buy a new system and a few games.

tl;dr: gaming backlog, free time, long list of games I want and limited funds are what is stopping me from getting a Vita
---
Me: my posts, now with 100% more signature
Hades: I liked it better when your posts had 100% less signature...
#220bigdaddydmacPosted 1/16/2013 3:09:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]