I think I know how the Vita can pick up in sales and there for make everyone hap

#1BruceLee1974Posted 1/17/2013 3:14:18 AM
I think Sony has to try and appeal more to KIDS. Let's face it, hand held consoles are mainly for kids, and I'm pretty sure most kids want a Nintendo console for Pokemon, Mario and Skylanders.

I think the reason the Vita hasn't sold well yet is because it's more expensive then the 3DS so parents would rather chose the cheaper option and plus the games on the Vita don't really appeal to the younger kids.

We all know Sony can't make a Pokemon game come to the Vita, but they can get Skylanders. IMO they firstly got to try and attract the younger audience and once they do this then they can bring out hard core games for the older people that own one.

Sony had a chance with Black ops, but somehow Activision stuffed that game up completely. I think if Sony paid Activision they should sue them for their worse Call of Duty game ever.

If they keep bringing out games like Persona 4, Soul Sacrifice (I will be happy if they do) but I don't think they will sell many more hand held consoles.

Attract the kids and sell more consoles, simple really :)
#2j2zon2591Posted 1/17/2013 3:56:07 AM
They're trying but it's the results are not AMAZINGGZZZ..

Little Deviants, LBP.. TearAway

Doubt TearAway will do much better than LBPV.
#3BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:28:47 AM
They're not really well known kids games are they. I doubt those games will bring in the numbers. I think a kid would rather have Pokemon and Skylanders to those.

There is a new Disney one coming out as well which isn't coming to the Vita which will hurt Sony if they don't get it.
#4StrikeNinja24Posted 1/17/2013 7:15:03 AM
Here is the thing, Pokemon actually sells to adults who grew up on it to. The first Pokemon games actually sold only decently and gamefreak was actually in financial trouble until the game picked up due to some genius marketing and downright dumb luck. "Just" kids is an target group that is smaller than people think, as many kids rather play more adult games. On the other hand, it is creepy how many adults are obsessed with skylanders.

With that being said, a good Crash Bandicoot game would go a long way.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#5FayeLadyPosted 1/17/2013 7:16:43 AM
Kids have always been one of Sony's main audience, its just the 12 and over crowd who have out grown Nintendo. It would be very hard to appeal to the younger kids without losing its place with older ones.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#6FKRW4LifePosted 1/17/2013 7:22:43 AM
I'd say the new spyro phenomenon is the new "kids" seller. Pokemon is probably almost as many adults as it is kids at this point
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#7BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:30:22 AM(edited)
FayeLady posted...
Kids have always been one of Sony's main audience, its just the 12 and over crowd who have out grown Nintendo. It would be very hard to appeal to the younger kids without losing its place with older ones.

Why can't the do both ? All's Sony has to do is flash some money for Skylanders, that Disney game, to Capcom for resident Evil, and specially to Rockstar for GTA5 and I know for a fact Vita sales would pick up.

I think if Sony can attract more Kids it goes a long way because of word of mouth at school to all their friends.

And about Crash Bandicoot, I asked this a while back and someone on here told me the people who own the Crash Bandicoot brand have gone out of Business. If Sony were smart they would pick this back up again like the old Playstation days. It was Crash and Spyro were the big kids attractions.
#8FayeLadyPosted 1/17/2013 7:43:56 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
FayeLady posted...

Why can't the do both ? All's Sony has to do is flash some money for Skylanders, that Disney game, to Capcom for resident Evil, and specially to Rockstar for GTA5 and I know for a fact Vita sales would pick up.

I think if Sony can attract more Kids it goes a long way because of word of mouth at school to all their friends.

And about Crash Bandicoot, I asked this a while back and someone on here told me the people who own the Crash Bandicoot brand have gone out of Business. If Sony were smart they would pick this back up again like the old Playstation days. It was Crash and Spyro were the big kids attractions.

If it were that easy, surely Sony would have done it. They likely don't have the kind of money to buy publishers. To make it worth their while they would have to pay them the difference in sales they would likely make on the 3DS or another platform instead.

As for spyro, the latest reboot of that game exist everywhere else.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#9BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:03:29 PM
Well atm it's not working for them and if they seriously want to the Vita to do well they need to do something Now and not wait any longer.
#10Undrey_Posted 1/17/2013 10:49:58 PM
Doesn't Activision own both Crash and Spyro?

Sony aren't that stupid.