Is Persona 4 Golden A Worthwhile Purchase?

#1PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 1/17/2013 12:26:31 PM
I have $82 in my wallet and have been somewhat interested in purchasing Persona 4. I haven't really purchased anything in a while, mainly waiting for sales. My question is, what about it makes it so addicting and is it worth $40 or should I wait to see if it'll end up on the PS+ free game or discount list?
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#2PlayaMadeTxn05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:27:01 PM
Also, I've never played any of the Persona series.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#3thechronoPosted 1/17/2013 12:31:46 PM
persona 4 is one if not the best game on the vita right now! you get your moneys worth plus more.
---
"for this dreamers dream i am the only one who dreams of home you see".
#4Hydra_Gundam_Posted 1/17/2013 12:32:00 PM
I really liked P3. P4 not so much. I'll tell you now, there is A TON of dialogue. Its a quality game but depends on your preferances.
#5mike_411Posted 1/17/2013 12:32:16 PM
definetely worth it if you enjoy jrpgs.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#613_TanksPosted 1/17/2013 12:36:32 PM
Like someone mentioned there is a lot of dialogue. Up until the first dungeon I felt like I was playing a Visual Novel at times. But honestly I am hooked. This game has almost everything you could want out of an awesome RPG. I've only beaten the first two bosses but I can already tell I'm going to love this game.
---
PSN: Mr_Nicolas_Cage
#7inuyasha1031Posted 1/17/2013 12:37:26 PM
Totally worth the admission price. You'll get a good 80 hours of gameplay.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fhluz.jpg
#8SosdocPosted 1/17/2013 12:37:53 PM
If you like or don't mind anime/manga centered around high school you'll be in for a treat.

I was new to the Persona series but I got it yesterday and man, it's difficult to put down.
#9zinsindettaPosted 1/17/2013 12:39:18 PM
Persona 4 is an amazing game. Yes it has a lot of dialogue so it is not for shallow gamers.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#10PlayaMadeTxn05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:44:32 PM
I'm not into anime heavily, but I do enjoy certain shows. The very first anime I saw was Dragonball Z, and that was in middle school. One of my favorite shows of all time. And I also enjoyed Bleach, Shin Chan, and Desert Punk. I've watched a little bit of Demon King Daimao, but...it's different to say the least lol

I'm a huge fan of RPG's, especially JRPG's, but I'm always weary about jumping into a series I know nothing about, especially this late into the series (the 4th sequel). And because I'm a lot older now and don't game as much as I do, I want to jump into something that I know I'll get my money's worth.

Are there lots of secrets? Like weapons or characters?
---