MH4 is coming for Vita, was ALWAYS coming for Vita - nothing changed...

#1nikowwfPosted 1/18/2013 7:56:50 AM
It's just not coming now. Capcom is going to sell MH4 for 3DS, then 6 months later announce MH4G for Vita. I'm in no way joking. That was always the plan, that's always what they did. The expectation now that they would release at the same time which would help Vita but minimize what Capcom could sell makes no sense.

Sell to 3DS owners now, sell to Vita owners later, then release MH4G to 3DS right after that. Sell the same game over and over, or release it at the same time and make people choose which they get?

Simulaneous release rumor is stupid, but the game is coming. I'm 100% sure.
#2Koi_TenchiPosted 1/18/2013 7:59:03 AM
Source that this was "always the plan"?
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#3DrROBschizPosted 1/18/2013 8:12:48 AM
Pretty much agree with you here

I always thought Vita would get the game eventually

I was just sure that Nintendo had locked it in for the entire 2013
#4stargazer64Posted 1/18/2013 8:15:19 AM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Source that this was "always the plan"?

Rumors and fanboy dreams.

Capcom does like money, though. And this plan makes them money.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#5nikowwf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 8:19:45 AM
It's the way Capcom has always run the franchise. It's also logical. Simultaneous release to prop up a system not selling well and selling 1 copy of the game rather than 2 makes far less sense. Never releasing the game for Vita also makes no sense. Releasing an updating game that people who already have the game could also buy as well as people without a 3DS.

Makes much sense.
#6FayeLadyPosted 1/18/2013 8:34:25 AM
I'm sure what changed was the amount of cash Sony offered Capcom. Enough for a port, but no where near enough for a new game.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#7Ambassador_KongPosted 1/18/2013 8:36:40 AM
I only see articles talking about a Monster Hunter 4 for Vita as a rumor.

I would love to see a confirmed source.

Good news, if it's true.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#8DeathSnipe777Posted 1/18/2013 8:52:56 AM
There's a better chance of seeing MH4 HD Ver. on WiiU before the Vita gets anything related to it.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#9KurenoPosted 1/18/2013 9:01:48 AM
Even if this was "the plan", localizing will never be the plan. Especially if AHP plays a part in the online multiplayer.
---
Loading new signature. Please wait.
#10MetalZoicPosted 1/18/2013 9:04:27 AM
Ambassador_Kong posted...
I only see articles talking about a Monster Hunter 4 for Vita as a rumor.

I would love to see a confirmed source.

Good news, if it's true.

Same. I haven't seen a single thing saying they are making a Vita version.