Do you guys think the Vita will pick up momentum and outsell the Nintendo 3DS?

#31Rishah0078Posted 1/18/2013 10:32:49 AM
Spiffy247 posted...
I'm sure the Vita will pick up momentum, but won't outsell the 3DS.

SoaringBlizzard posted...
its possible that it can recover and sell like the PsP did, but outselling Nintendo? i dont think theres any chance of that.

KogaSteelfang posted...
I don't think it can catch up to Nintendo.
I do think it can drastically improve though.

marsvalient posted...
Pick up momentum, Yes.
Outsell 3ds, No.
#32AnclationPosted 1/18/2013 10:33:15 AM
It has no chance in hell of even coming close to the 3DS in terms of sales. It could always manage to improve its fortunes at some point, though currently there's no reason to think it will (right now it looks like 2013 could be even worse than 2012 for the Vita).
#33GloryChaosPosted 1/18/2013 10:36:46 AM
Will it pick up momentum? Definitely?

Will it outsell the 3ds?

...Let me explain something to you. There was one week, last year, where two new games were launched for the Vita. In that same week, Nintendo came out with a new color for the 3ds. Vita sales remained stagnant while the 3ds sold 10K more than usual.

The Vita will never outsell the 3ds until the latter is dead and buried.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#34ServantOfErieosPosted 1/18/2013 10:39:22 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
No, nothing outsells a Nintendo handheld system.

Apple

NEXT!
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#35Last VampirePosted 1/18/2013 10:49:20 AM
No, and I very much doubt that it was ever Sony's goal to outsell it either. Perhaps their ideal scenario, but not one they expected to happen.
---
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV
#36omegazero99Posted 1/18/2013 10:50:11 AM
With a new Pokemon game coming out, it is impossible.
---
Waiting for: Sly 4
#37shinra35800Posted 1/18/2013 10:53:37 AM
I think the nvidia shield is gonna beat both of them :P
#38xspikePosted 1/18/2013 10:57:25 AM(edited)
Maybe! If the Vita does fail.. Should Sony be worried? NO they shouldn't! Why you ask me?

Well we all know that Nintendo will only release a new handhold with the same amount of power as the Vita in 4--6 years time, Sony just needs to re-release the Vita with all its games + get developers on board better this time, have the price WAY under half of the new Nintendo, sure we won't have that new 3D tech or dual screens but its a ton cheaper and still produces the same amount of graphics..

N I wouldn't need to buy one as I already got one :)

btw this probably wouldn't happen but it could actually work if done correctly..
#39KogaSteelfangPosted 1/18/2013 11:02:20 AM
xspike posted...
Maybe! If the Vita does fail.. Should Sony be worried? NO they shouldn't! Why you ask me?

Well we all know that Nintendo will only release a new handhold with the same amount of power as the Vita in 4--6 years time, Sony just needs to re-release the Vita with all its games + get developers on board better this time, have the price WAY under half of the new Nintendo, sure we won't have that new 3D tech or dual screens but its a ton cheaper and still produces the same amount of graphics..

N I wouldn't need to buy one as I already got one :)

btw this probably wouldn't happen but it could actually work if done correctly..

Nintendo is already under fire for making new systems with outdated hardware.
Sony is usually accused of stealing ideas from Nintendo.

I can only imagine the trollstorm that would ensue if Vita was re-released alongside Nintendo's equivalent, especially considering both at that point would be outdated.
People would just accuse Sony of stealing Nintendo's habits of rehashing systems.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#40yoshirpgPosted 1/18/2013 11:02:30 AM
halfelven23 posted...
pick up momentum? maybe
outsell 3DS? hmmm its going to be verrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy difficult at this point

the question said, WILL as in FUTURE. Why did you say at this point?
---
Pokemon WHITE 2 FC: 4556-8603-2383 Name: Nate
Youtube website: http://www.youtube.com/user/scigamerfan07