Do you guys think the Vita will pick up momentum and outsell the Nintendo 3DS?

#71Koi_TenchiPosted 1/18/2013 1:59:24 PM
ServantOfErieos posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Wait, how we'll is the ps3 selling? That's right.

Drones, hol' dat.

The PS3 is selling about 1/5th what the 3DS is selling each week.

Why do you ask?

nope

Yep.

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/65195907

Source that says otherwise?

ROFL, WHY ARE YOU POSTING JAPANESE SALES?

Fraudulent rofl, extremely fraudulent.

ROFL, WHY AREN'T YOU POSTING ANY SALES FOR ANY REGIONI!?!?

Oh wait, I'm dealing with the GameFAQ's equivalent of the little kid who sticks his fingers in his ears and says "LALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING!" when you try to tell him something he doesn't want to hear.

I'm not going to waste my time, but I'll tell you what:

Once you post sales from a legit site that shows the PS3 outselling the 3DS IN THE SAME TIME FRAME, I'll post just to tell you you're right.

Until then, see ya.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#72ServantOfErieosPosted 1/18/2013 2:03:40 PM
rofl, nice ragequit.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#73mjc0961Posted 1/18/2013 2:09:59 PM
nyo_akio posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
If there is validity to the rumour, I sincerely hope it increases Vita sales in Japan. The Vita has yet to find it's niche, a Monster Hunter game will help drastically. However a singular game won't instantaneously save the Vita.

Zomg 11 people seriously voted Yes? >_>

10 1/2, I only voted for "the Vita will pick up momentum ".

No, you voted for Vita will outsell the 3DS. There is no half-votes. You either vote yes it will outsell the 3DS or no it will not outsell the 3DS.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#74BoomhPosted 1/18/2013 2:10:09 PM
gray_fox_00 posted...
No, nothing outsells a Nintendo handheld system.

Apple

NEXT!

Orange?

NEXT
---
3DS FC: 0216-0969-9464
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8
#75CompassPosted 1/18/2013 2:27:33 PM
Does Lume have today off? I notice ServantofSony is filling in nicely.
#76synthetiksinPosted 1/18/2013 2:28:46 PM
Momentum? Yes.
Outselling a nintendo handheld? No.

You have to remember that the 3DS has a broader target audience than the PSV and parents buying it for their kids would probably see the 3DS as a replaceable (easier to buy) item. Working adults, on the other hand, would either have enough money to buy both. Besides, Gameboy has had a fanbase for around twenty years already.
#77Nightmare637Posted 1/18/2013 2:33:14 PM
Boomh posted...
gray_fox_00 posted...
No, nothing outsells a Nintendo handheld system.

Apple

NEXT!

Orange?

NEXT

Banana?

next
---
PSN:Nightmare637
#78nyo_akioPosted 1/18/2013 4:24:41 PM
mjc0961 posted...
nyo_akio posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
If there is validity to the rumour, I sincerely hope it increases Vita sales in Japan. The Vita has yet to find it's niche, a Monster Hunter game will help drastically. However a singular game won't instantaneously save the Vita.

Zomg 11 people seriously voted Yes? >_>

10 1/2, I only voted for "the Vita will pick up momentum ".

No, you voted for Vita will outsell the 3DS. There is no half-votes. You either vote yes it will outsell the 3DS or no it will not outsell the 3DS.

TC should have given more descriptive choices.

Most people agree that Vita would pick up momentum, why not make a choice like that and leave it at that?
---
PSN: Ken-OHKayou
#79RD_21Posted 1/18/2013 4:36:21 PM
No and it's not the goal, Sony always had success in the handheld market even if they were second place and I don't expect it to be any different this time either.
#80Robotron2084Posted 1/18/2013 4:37:35 PM
They will never outsell the 3DS as it is now hit it's stride.

I know Sony can turn it around and make the Vita profitable and popular, but they just can't seem to get their heads in the game. After they got Stringer on board they started acting like an American corporation and not a Japanese one.

I remember they were always sending me some great merchandise (all free) like demo discs, PS2 game case booklets, hats and customer service was amazing.

Now they just sue everybody over everything, remove features from their systems, release rootkits on audio cd's and act like it's no big deal because everybody is "stupid". There seems to be no internal responsibility for their actions (unlike Nintendo who took a pay cut for their poor results).

Sony use to be one of the most amazing, innovative companies out there. They dominated the portable music market (where is that now??), they ruled the TV market with their quality levels (now it's no better than everything else and they charge a premium), and their gaming was fresh and original (now it's appears they just want to release lack luster copies of what is successful in other markets).

They don't advertise and when they do it's atrocious. Someone once said Sony likes to throw a big party and then they leave when the party starts only to come back later and wonder why no one is there. They seem to think their reputation and ideas will bring the people in hordes and they won't have to do any other work. Maybe they had it too good for too long and it's gone to their heads. We'll never know for sure.

Personally I own a Vita and have given one as a gift. I want it to succeed, but I can't deny how great the 3DS library is starting to look.