Nintendo/Capcom MH 3year 3DS exclusive deal!?

#11IChangedMyNamePosted 1/20/2013 4:23:23 AM(edited)
xfactor posted...
^ It stopped them from localizing MH Portable 3rd and and Portable 3rd HD on the PSP and PS3 respectively.

All Nintendo MH titles has been localized so far (MH Tri Wii, MH Ultimate 3DS, MH Ultimate HD Wii U)

What? No, No sorry, that is NOT the reason they didn't bring over MHP3rd or HD ver. The reason was the lack of interest in MH seen by Capcom and the fact PSP was hacked up the ass in NA.

HD Ver. was on the table, ready to be translated and all BUT SONY biffed that deal when they decided Capcom should pay them to update Ad-Hoc party.

If anything, and I say this with some regret, Nintendo is the ONLY reason MH keeps getting localized. MH Tri was pretty much funded by Nintendo as is MH3G. Otherwise chances we'd see them are just as much as P3RD.

EDIT: I'd like to also note, profit margin wasn't an issue. In Japan, MHP3rd on PSP, if I remember correctly, sold 3 Million copies in the first week? or weekend? don't remember. With that kinda bank they coulda took a loss and tried the waters here but didn't.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#12OtakuGameraPosted 1/20/2013 4:34:34 AM
MH Tri was pretty much funded by Nintendo as is MH3G. Otherwise chances we'd see them are just as much as P3RD.

you have a source for this?
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#13The_DjokerPosted 1/20/2013 4:35:02 AM
WordUpButterCup posted...
NewbieN00b posted...
SoaringBlizzard posted...

let 3ds get their MH.....would be absolutely funny if MH4 didnt get localized tho(due to 3ds' region lock)

Region lock stops developer from localizing games? @.@

wat

No.

What prevents localization is profit margin. Nintendo is profitable.

it doesen''t matter if nintendo is what matters is if the game is profitable enough in the west to warrent localization.

MH is profitable but it's still has a small following here. MH4 will be localised, that's obvious to see since every MH game has been localised. Enahnced versions don't count. MH1, 2 3 have been localised in one form or another.

MHP3rd didn't get localised because the PSP has bene dead outside japan for at least 2 years now. I don't know if you noticed but FF Type zero isn't out here yet for that very reason. So don't take the PSP games as an indication. I'm pretty sure MH on 3DS will be a lot more successful than the PSP versions outside japan.
---
http://i.imgflip.com/enr2.gif
#14IChangedMyNamePosted 1/20/2013 4:36:01 AM(edited)
OtakuGamera posted...
MH Tri was pretty much funded by Nintendo as is MH3G. Otherwise chances we'd see them are just as much as P3RD.

you have a source for this?

I do not, thus the 'pretty much' emphasis before it.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#15xfactorPosted 1/20/2013 5:49:16 AM
IChangedMyName posted...
xfactor posted...
^ It stopped them from localizing MH Portable 3rd and and Portable 3rd HD on the PSP and PS3 respectively.

All Nintendo MH titles has been localized so far (MH Tri Wii, MH Ultimate 3DS, MH Ultimate HD Wii U)

What? No, No sorry, that is NOT the reason they didn't bring over MHP3rd or HD ver. The reason was the lack of interest in MH seen by Capcom and the fact PSP was hacked up the ass in NA.

HD Ver. was on the table, ready to be translated and all BUT SONY biffed that deal when they decided Capcom should pay them to update Ad-Hoc party.

If anything, and I say this with some regret, Nintendo is the ONLY reason MH keeps getting localized. MH Tri was pretty much funded by Nintendo as is MH3G. Otherwise chances we'd see them are just as much as P3RD.

EDIT: I'd like to also note, profit margin wasn't an issue. In Japan, MHP3rd on PSP, if I remember correctly, sold 3 Million copies in the first week? or weekend? don't remember. With that kinda bank they coulda took a loss and tried the waters here but didn't.

I was being sarcastic towards SoaringBlizzard's post for thinking that MH4 won't get localized when it has a higher chance of not getting localized on the sony platform.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#16ServantOfErieosPosted 1/20/2013 6:41:11 AM
It's amazing how something so off-topic still exists, yet the pokemon/ persona vita on-topic topic was modded for ridiculous reasons when drones started serving repeatedly, LMAO

Good morning Nintendo board.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#17FayeLadyPosted 1/20/2013 9:19:39 AM
xfactor posted...
IChangedMyName posted...
xfactor posted...

I was being sarcastic towards SoaringBlizzard's post for thinking that MH4 won't get localized when it has a higher chance of not getting localized on the sony platform.

Most people don't seem to care one way or the other if it get localized. They just know it will be a big seller in Japan. This is just a sales topic is sheep's clothing.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#18SoaringBlizzardPosted 1/21/2013 3:25:25 PM
x u didnt get my post, i didnt mean it would have less chances of localization due to region block, thats irrelevant, BUT, it would be funny IF it didnt get localized. Why? because the region lock wouldnt let people even import the game(and MH is one of the few games where importing is viable as really dont need to know much japanese for it.)

Sure they could have 2 3ds, but thats not the usual.

either way, i want it to be localized just as much as the 3ds owners, but just pointing that out.