The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How come Japan gets al lthe Vita games and we don't ?

#1BruceLee1974Posted 1/19/2013 8:47:59 PM
Japan get all the games when you go to release dates, yet the Vita is still selling poorly over there ?

I don't understand this logic from Developers. If it's not selling the best in Japan, they need to bring more of those games to the rest of the world and I'm sure Vita sales will pick up everywhere else a bit more.

When I go to release dates here in Australia, there is nothing upcoming, heck we haven't even got a release date for Soul Sacrifice yet.
#2Fr33zPosted 1/19/2013 8:56:46 PM
Sony is a Japanese company, of course they'll put out most of their stuff in Japan.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#3mralspspPosted 1/19/2013 8:59:01 PM
Hasn't it always been this way with all consoles?
---
3DS XL (blue) 0645-6929-4999: Mr.AlXLB
PSN (Vita & PS3): syscoman
#4BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:01:05 PM
Yeah but maybe it's time for a change since the Vita isn't selling to well there. THey should strat doing world wide releases for some of their more popular games.

I'm hearing of a game called Tales of something people want and God eater. THis is my first hand held but if they are popular games Sony should do world wide releases so the Vita can have more games in each region that people want to play.
#5marsvalientPosted 1/19/2013 9:04:12 PM
mralspsp posted...
Hasn't it always been this way with all consoles?

Statement is iffy.

It's more true for handhelds then it is for consoles.

Japan is a Handheld country and produces a vast majority of handheld games. (if you rule out IOS shovelware) while consoles share in eastern and western developers. There are a lot of odd little factors that eventually led to this but that's not important, it's just how it is now.

But that aside TC is in Australia, Australia sucks for getting games... it also sucks for finding animals that can't kill you.... there are a lot of odd little factors that eventually led to this but that's not important, it's just how it is now.
---
Vita: Megaman Legends, Dream C Club 0 Portable, Soul Sacrifice Demo
PS3: Way of the Samurai 4, Gal*Gun, Farcry 3
#6Nightmare637Posted 1/19/2013 9:08:07 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Yeah but maybe it's time for a change since the Vita isn't selling to well there. THey should strat doing world wide releases for some of their more popular games.

I'm hearing of a game called Tales of something people want and God eater. THis is my first hand held but if they are popular games Sony should do world wide releases so the Vita can have more games in each region that people want to play.

Tales games rarely get localized.

God Eater has a better chance since the first game was released here.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
#7sasukexiinPosted 1/19/2013 9:11:19 PM
Nightmare637 posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...

Tales games rarely get localized.

God Eater has a better chance since the first game was released here.

Which is sad because Tales is a better series than FF.
---
Pokemon Black: 0003 2641 0962
#8OtakuGameraPosted 1/19/2013 9:12:54 PM
it's not that simple, you dont just say "worldwide release" and your games automatically becomes one, it takes at least a few months, maybe years of time and effort depending on the scale to do so.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#9BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 9:17:12 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
it's not that simple, you dont just say "worldwide release" and your games automatically becomes one, it takes at least a few months, maybe years of time and effort depending on the scale to do so.

Why ? Can't they just hold back the release date for the game until they are ready for a world wide simultaneous release ? Europe and Australia are the same region PAL. Don't they just have to do the regions and the languages ?
#10Nightmare637Posted 1/19/2013 9:18:17 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

Why ? Can't they just hold back the release date for the game until they are ready for a world wide simultaneous release ? Europe and Australia are the same region PAL. Don't they just have to do the regions and the languages ?

because it costs alot of money.
---
PSN:Nightmare637