How come Japan gets al lthe Vita games and we don't ?

#11AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/19/2013 10:19:51 PM
sasukexiin posted...
Nightmare637 posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
Yeah but maybe it's time for a change since the Vita isn't selling to well there. THey should strat doing world wide releases for some of their more popular games.

I'm hearing of a game called Tales of something people want and God eater. THis is my first hand held but if they are popular games Sony should do world wide releases so the Vita can have more games in each region that people want to play.

Tales games rarely get localized.

God Eater has a better chance since the first game was released here.

Which is sad because Tales is a better series than FF.

That's an iffy statement. I love Tales, own the majority of them and can't wait for Xilia, but they're not all created equally and aren't all masterpieces. Just like the FF series, which IMO only stumbled with FF 8, 13 and 14.
---
Now Playing:Touch My Katamari (Vita), Paper Mario (3DS), Dishonored (360), Lollipop Chainsaw (360) Shadows of the Damned(PS3)
#12BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:24:54 PM
Nightmare637 posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
it's not that simple, you dont just say "worldwide release" and your games automatically becomes one, it takes at least a few months, maybe years of time and effort depending on the scale to do so.

Why ? Can't they just hold back the release date for the game until they are ready for a world wide simultaneous release ? Europe and Australia are the same region PAL. Don't they just have to do the regions and the languages ?

because it costs alot of money.

If they want to start selling Consoles Sony NEED TO DO THIS. THey got to start spending money and start bringing out games for everyone. IF there are enough good games on the Vita there will be no excuses for people not to buy one.
#13OtakuGameraPosted 1/19/2013 10:25:05 PM
Why ? Can't they just hold back the release date for the game until they are ready for a world wide simultaneous release ? Europe and Australia are the same region PAL. Don't they just have to do the regions and the languages ?

do you think it's as simple as translating to english and it's done? no, they need to change and edit the whole entire code, they need to delete every single japanese dialogue from the code and replace them all with english, they need to do more bug testing, then they need to market, publicize their games, and get major retailers like walmart and gamestop to reserve shelf space to stock their games, which most would not ever do because it is a niche market, so you're left with no retailer to market your games.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#14Natureboy99Posted 1/19/2013 10:27:09 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Japan get all the games when you go to release dates, yet the Vita is still selling poorly over there ?

I don't understand this logic from Developers. If it's not selling the best in Japan, they need to bring more of those games to the rest of the world and I'm sure Vita sales will pick up everywhere else a bit more.

When I go to release dates here in Australia, there is nothing upcoming, heck we haven't even got a release date for Soul Sacrifice yet.

Vita is selling OK. Its just not selling as well as 3DS. There are still profitable ways to make games on the smaller install base. Also Vita seems to have a different demographic. So certain games will do better on Vita even though it has a smaller base.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#15Nightmare637Posted 1/19/2013 10:27:55 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Nightmare637 posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
it's not that simple, you dont just say "worldwide release" and your games automatically becomes one, it takes at least a few months, maybe years of time and effort depending on the scale to do so.

because it costs alot of money.

If they want to start selling Consoles Sony NEED TO DO THIS. THey got to start spending money and start bringing out games for everyone. IF there are enough good games on the Vita there will be no excuses for people not to buy one.

It's not Sonys decision, its the developers.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
#16BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:31:16 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

do you think it's as simple as translating to english and it's done? no, they need to change and edit the whole entire code, they need to delete every single japanese dialogue from the code and replace them all with english, they need to do more bug testing, then they need to market, publicize their games, and get major retailers like walmart and gamestop to reserve shelf space to stock their games, which most would not ever do because it is a niche market, so you're left with no retailer to market your games.

How does Europe do it then, don't they have about 5 or 6 different languages at once ? Surely they can just add Japanese and that would cover all the languages.
#17CaptainMoosePosted 1/19/2013 10:38:29 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Japan get all the games when you go to release dates, yet the Vita is still selling poorly over there ?

I don't understand this logic from Developers. If it's not selling the best in Japan, they need to bring more of those games to the rest of the world and I'm sure Vita sales will pick up everywhere else a bit more.

When I go to release dates here in Australia, there is nothing upcoming, heck we haven't even got a release date for Soul Sacrifice yet.

This is funny cuz your statement implies that it's selling good here... Which it isn't.
#18kyncaniPosted 1/19/2013 10:46:43 PM(edited)
BruceLee1974 posted...
I don't understand this logic from Developers. If it's not selling the best in Japan, they need to bring more of those games to the rest of the world

Amen to that.

Why do they even bother making games if they won't even release them ?

Funny read, so true : "Square-Enix Must Really Hate Money"
http://leviathyn.com/games-2/opinion/2013/01/18/square-enix-must-really-hate-money/

Excerpts from the article :

"""For years and years weíve had to hear announcements for games like that being announced only for Japanese audiences. Itís almost to the point where whenever Square puts up a new countdown clock on a website I just canít get excited anymore. Why? Because thereís too damn high of a chance that Iíll never be able to play whatever theyíre announcing."""

"""The best rated Final Fantasy game in years is no where to be seen outside of Japan"""
#19Nightmare637Posted 1/19/2013 10:43:21 PM
CaptainMoose posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...

This is funny cuz your statement implies that it's selling good here... Which it isn't.

you have numbers Trollmoose?
---
PSN:Nightmare637
#20BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:46:09 PM
CaptainMoose posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...

I said " they need to bring more of those games to the rest of the world and I'm sure Vita sales will pick up everywhere else a bit more"

Bring those games to other regions and maybe sales will pick up in other regions. The Vita needs more good games everywhere specially in Australia.

Lucky I'm still new to the Vita and have a lot of old games to play otherwise I would be very disappointed in it.