How come Japan gets al lthe Vita games and we don't ?

#21Sakura_RailgunPosted 1/19/2013 9:52:17 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
CaptainMoose posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
Japan get all the games when you go to release dates, yet the Vita is still selling poorly over there ?

I don't understand this logic from Developers. If it's not selling the best in Japan, they need to bring more of those games to the rest of the world and I'm sure Vita sales will pick up everywhere else a bit more.

When I go to release dates here in Australia, there is nothing upcoming, heck we haven't even got a release date for Soul Sacrifice yet.

This is funny cuz your statement implies that it's selling good here... Which it isn't.

I said " they need to bring more of those games to the rest of the world and I'm sure Vita sales will pick up everywhere else a bit more"

Bring those games to other regions and maybe sales will pick up in other regions. The Vita needs more good games everywhere specially in Australia.

What makes you think all those games won't come out to the west? They just release it first in Japan because they are Japanese developers making Japanese games... Then if the game seems likely to be successful in the west they localise it, other wise it stays Japanese only.
#22graveyoutoPosted 1/19/2013 11:11:13 PM
Because we nuked them and it knocked them down a peg or two.now as a form of revenge they blure ther open and taunt us with games we will never get
---
Go away im bay'ting
#23OnikyuubiPosted 1/19/2013 11:46:00 PM
While I wholeheartedly agree to what you're saying, unfortunately, localization isn't as simple as Sony or the devs wanting it to happen.

The only thing Sony can do is either push for localization, or finance the localization and publishing projects themselves, and I'm not very sure that they DO have a localization studio.

And most devs aren't huge companies with their own publishing department, they'd have to get a localization studio to agree to the project then get a publisher to print their games in the west, not to mention advertizing.

All in all, if the devs want it to happen bad enough and have the finances to see it through, they could get it done, but most of them probably weigh their options for profit from localization against not taking up the project at all, and probably decide that it's not worth the time or effort compared to just starting another Japanese release game.
And even if they do decide to undertake the localization project, it's more profit for them to release their already finished Japanese versions while working on translations.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jsS41.png
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-kyag.html
#24leeko_linkPosted 1/19/2013 11:56:04 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...

I don't understand this logic from Developers. If it's not selling the best in Japan, they need to bring more of those games to the rest of the world and I'm sure Vita sales will pick up everywhere else a bit more.

Fortunately it's the other way around, it had to sell in their home country otherwise the publisher won't risk getting it localize elsewhere. Some games never release outside Japan or other country cuz the audience for that game just doesn't meet expectation and the publisher will lose money for it if it flops in sales.
#25kyncaniPosted 1/19/2013 11:58:21 PM
Onikyuubi posted...
While I wholeheartedly agree to what you're saying, unfortunately, localization isn't as simple as Sony or the devs wanting it to happen.

But it's all so sad when you're on the wrong side of the fence :'(
#26miyuki308Posted 1/20/2013 12:11:53 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Why ? Can't they just hold back the release date for the game until they are ready for a world wide simultaneous release ? Europe and Australia are the same region PAL. Don't they just have to do the regions and the languages ?

It takes a lot of money to localize a game, and smaller companies can't afford that. Besides, how will they know if the western market will buy their game? Or rather, how will the western publisher know if it's worth the trouble, before the game comes out? No, most Japanese game developers doesn't handle the release of their games in other regions.
---
Playing: PSO2, Atelier Totori Plus
Anticipating: Sen no Kiseki, Madou Monogatari (maybe), ...PSO2 Vita?
#27Kyoshiro12345Posted 1/20/2013 12:27:40 AM
sasukexiin posted...
Nightmare637 posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
Yeah but maybe it's time for a change since the Vita isn't selling to well there. THey should strat doing world wide releases for some of their more popular games.

I'm hearing of a game called Tales of something people want and God eater. THis is my first hand held but if they are popular games Sony should do world wide releases so the Vita can have more games in each region that people want to play.

Tales games rarely get localized.

God Eater has a better chance since the first game was released here.

Which is sad because Tales is a better series than FF.

thts why Tales has 2 MMORPGs one of which ha been running with grea profit for over 10 yrs and people still play it right?
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#28fEARtHEgOOCHPosted 1/20/2013 12:43:19 AM
Most of the games released in Japan are designed to fit that market, and wouldn't sell well elsewhere (if they even sold in the first place). I love the Tales series, but their appeal to the masses does not match that of the FF games for whatever reason. Sure some games would get snatched up like Monster Hunter, but the vast majority of gamers would not shop for the same things that Japanese gamers crave. If they did sell, you wouldn't see games in limited print numbers like you see now.
---
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Persona 4, King of Fighters XIII
#29Erupt50Posted 1/20/2013 12:45:51 AM
I don't think we're missing out on too much honestly. Have you looked over that list....
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#30oxnerdPosted 1/20/2013 12:53:01 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Japan get all the games when you go to release dates, yet the Vita is still selling poorly over there ?

When I go to release dates here in Australia, there is nothing upcoming, heck we haven't even got a release date for Soul Sacrifice yet.

Don't assume that just because you'll buy it means everyone else in north america would buy it too. Get it from japan then, 'cause they can't just cater to you.