How come Japan gets al lthe Vita games and we don't ?

#31darkness1018Posted 1/20/2013 12:55:15 AM
This is exactly why im glad i learned Japanese during the PS2 days so i wouldnt have to miss out on great RPGs anymore. Im also glad to be moving to Japan this year :D.
---
PSN: nightwing2099
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#32renzsweetPosted 1/20/2013 1:12:03 AM
Fr33z posted...
Sony is a Japanese company, of course they'll put out most of their stuff in Japan.

This complaint still comers up every few years though.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#33RoachmeatPosted 1/20/2013 1:42:23 AM
How come Japan gets all the Vita and 3Ds games and we don't

1) The Japanese probably know how the west acts about flashing chest on cutesy cartoon looking women.

2) The stereotype that all the west enjoys is shooters is hard to shake.

3) The Japanese don't know that we get TOONAMI over in the west and did get to watch GUNDAM episodes before it was taken off the air.

4) More than likely, the east already tried to sell a particular franchise to the west (Culdcept and Samurai Warriors) but we didn't hop on it enough.

5) The financial reasons stated by other posters.

6) The Japanese don't expect western gamers to be that much into portables in the first place. And in a way, they're right somewhat. Even western devs are slow to give Vita some love.
#34HalecticPosted 1/20/2013 5:47:36 PM
When you have a couple million people living in a country the size of California Handhelds are much more popular because you have other people nearby

In the West console gaming is top because you usually dont have as many people around
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#35BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 6:11:04 PM
Well if they can't do worldwide releases they should AT LEAST MAKE ENGLISH SUBTITLES for some of their games. This way people around the world can still play the games that don't know JAP :)

If they did it this way it would make A LOT of people happy and have a chance at selling a lot more as well.
#36TranslatorTomPosted 1/21/2013 1:49:21 AM
Japan doesn't get every Vita game.

The Japanese PSN is missing some titles, like Retro City Rampage and Mutant Blobs, or something.
---
-Tom
#37OtakuGameraPosted 1/21/2013 2:25:38 AM
Well if they can't do worldwide releases they should AT LEAST MAKE ENGLISH SUBTITLES for some of their games. This way people around the world can still play the games that don't know JAP :)

If they did it this way it would make A LOT of people happy and have a chance at selling a lot more as well.

so you want all games to be fully voiced and have no text?
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#38lassics_shadowPosted 1/21/2013 2:26:19 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...

You want Engrish subtitles? That will help sell games alright.
#39badboyPosted 1/21/2013 2:53:34 AM(edited)
The niche games won't boost Vita's sales by a huge amount outside Japan.
#40BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 5:42:22 AM
Yeah English Subtitles only and a option for english menu. English is getting more and more popular everywhere so maybe the Japs could add it into their games.

Europe does this, how hard could this be for some of the RPG's that might never get a release anywhere but Japan.

I don't know it's just something I wish they might do so that way more people get to play these types of games when they don't come out in their region.