What would prefer as an exclusive, a monster hunter or console quality GTA?

#1monkeyspoonPosted 1/20/2013 2:34:21 PM
What would prefer as an exclusive, a monster hunter or console quality GTA? - Results (169 votes)
Monster Hunter
47.93% (81 votes)
Console quality GTA
52.07% (88 votes)
This poll is now closed.
People seem to think that a Monster Hunter on a handheld will make or break its future. I think there are other IPs I'd rather see on vita than Monster Hunter. Around the world GTA is far more popular than Monster Hunter. But people focus on MH just because its huge in Japan. It isn't as well looked upon around the rest of the world.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#2lunchEATSyouPosted 1/20/2013 2:37:17 PM
I personally don't like GTA, so by default I would choose MH
---
"Are you kidding me? Japan hates anything American. The US bombed their ass and they are also xenophobic."
-ElGado, pride of the Wii U board
#3AiuchiFanboiPosted 1/20/2013 2:39:07 PM
Hate GTA. Love raid games.

MH.
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
BadReligionPunk on XBL/Subseven75 on PSN/ Psikyo till the day I die
#4deathpapayaPosted 1/20/2013 2:42:06 PM
GTA.

MH is just boring.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#5darkphiresagePosted 1/20/2013 2:44:54 PM
fan of both, but MH/GE/SS/PSO are tops in my book. i'd pick any of those over GTA. (ok, maybe not God Eater.)
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#6stargazer64Posted 1/20/2013 2:51:30 PM
deathpapaya posted...
GTA.

MH is just boring.

---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#7ElevenOhNoesPosted 1/20/2013 3:28:07 PM
I'd take pretty much anything over a monster hunter game.
---
Xbox Live: ElevenOHNOEZ .....................................PSN: nightranma
3DS: 5455-9525-0021
#8TinyTim123Posted 1/20/2013 3:30:59 PM
I... ugh. Neither. I never liked GTA after 2. It became a bootleg Tomb Raider clone (same control set up) without tombs, but with the addition of beating up hookers.
While Monster Hunter isn't bad, it's more dedication than I want to invest in a game.

Can I just get a good non grindy ARPG?
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#9CompassPosted 1/20/2013 3:33:07 PM
Neither. They are both extremely poor quality franchises.
#10monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 3:51:33 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
I... ugh. Neither. I never liked GTA after 2. It became a bootleg Tomb Raider clone (same control set up) without tombs, but with the addition of beating up hookers.
While Monster Hunter isn't bad, it's more dedication than I want to invest in a game.

Can I just get a good non grindy ARPG?

Tomb raider and GTA have nothing in common except you control the character in a 3rd person. Even the controls aren't the same. GTA became very popular after GTA 3. I still think Vice City was one if the best games of all time. Nailed the 80s feel.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)