Do you truly believe Sony is doing enough to make this a long term machine?

#1legendarylemurPosted 1/21/2013 3:00:27 AM
So Kaz Hirai says long term is what is important for the vita.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/hirai-on-ps-vita-long-term-is-what-is-important-6402112

However, I personally don't believe that the Vita has any momentum to become a long term device. If something were to be a long term device, we would see regular releases of good games rather than short bursts of good games then a good long time of no games at all, with nothing spectacular in the horizon. Even Japan, the handheld capital of the world, has been giving this console worse and worse reception. If something were to be long term, its base has to be good, and it can't be shown to be getting worse and worse every week. It's been a while since we had a hopeful news, and this time Monster Hunter isn't going to save the Playstation handheld, nor do they have any of Nintendo's usual infalliable trump cards. There's already going to be one on the 3DS for 3 whole years before Vita has a possibility of getting a Monster Hunter. So what then? Is this just a bluff from Sony, or do you really believe this console is heading the right path to become a long term console? Also, let's be honest here. What more can possibly even be done?
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Catch the Rainbow
#2tasadar24Posted 1/21/2013 3:23:24 AM
Honestly I don't care. I have Disgaea 3 on a portable device, and wipeout and some of the other games I have are enjoyable. I've already gotten mine. If the device should last, I'll be happy, if not, oh well.
---
"What kind of dumbass runs from the cops and returns to the scene of the crime a minute later" -asked of a forumite
#3Limp_sugarPosted 1/21/2013 3:30:38 AM
Iirc there is a Sony press conference next month. If they don't announce some games(by some I mean a s--- load) at that or the next big game show then I don't believe they even care if it fails. Of course there is the very real possibility that the vita will be used with the ps4 in some way. Either way the next few months will be very telling of the vitas future.
---
Support your developer. Buy new.
#4mralspspPosted 1/21/2013 3:52:41 AM
The Wii U looks like it's heading in the same direction.
---
3DS XL (blue) 0645-6929-4999: Mr.AlXLB
PSN (Vita & PS3): syscoman
#5j2zon2591Posted 1/21/2013 4:17:42 AM
Limp_sugar posted...
Iirc there is a Sony press conference next month. If they don't announce some games(by some I mean a s--- load) at that or the next big game show then I don't believe they even care if it fails. Of course there is the very real possibility that the vita will be used with the ps4 in some way. Either way the next few months will be very telling of the vitas future.

WAAHH but there's still E3 wahhhh!

But yeah.. Are you talkig about Destination playstaion on feb?

eF sony if they're just gonna talk about TearAway KZ and SS.. Those won't still be enough in order to be significant for 2013's handheld market share grabs.
#6Limp_sugarPosted 1/21/2013 4:39:06 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
Limp_sugar posted...

WAAHH but there's still E3 wahhhh!

But yeah.. Are you talkig about Destination playstaion on feb?

eF sony if they're just gonna talk about TearAway KZ and SS.. Those won't still be enough in order to be significant for 2013's handheld market share grabs.

Yea destination playstation is the thing. And your right those games won't be enough. I'm saying they need to announce some new games nobodys heard about. I honestly don't care if the system fails or makes a come back. Just giving my opinion bro that's all.
---
Support your developer. Buy new.
#7ColorlessMagePosted 1/21/2013 5:33:31 AM
Enough? Nope :/

They can do alot more,it doesn't seem like they are putting much effort into the damn machine.
I hate that sony is just letting all that untapped potential go to waste,I mean remote play,gaikai,and the amazing design of the handheld which could allow for amazing gameplay if done right.
3rd party devs don't give a damn about the Vita right now,sony needs to be the one that gives it a push(announce GT,infamous or perhaps make a New Ip from a well known devs)
They stated they are gonna make a "comeback" so that gives me a little hope.

We have several playstation events upcomming,sony needs to use this time to announce more games and a price drop.
I wasn't really worried before but there are some things going around that retailers are dropping support.If that's true even if they can manage to keep the vita in with bad sales for 3-4 years if retailers won't accept it it'll just put salt on the wound.
If they simply ignore the Vita like last years E3 well,it'a gonna be some hard times ahead.

But i'll put a bit of faith sony can turn things around.(also i know the ps3 is sony's moneymaker atm but does any agree that some titles;ni no kuni,GoW ascension,puppeteer) could have been great on the Vita?just seem like it should be a great fit for it)/rant end
#8NonefalloutPosted 1/21/2013 5:38:02 AM
I do not think Sony is doing enough to put the vita in a long term position. Here's a run down of why its failing to live up to its promise:

- memory cards are priced way too expensive.
- psn store is priced way too expensive.
- games at retail (if you can find them) priced way to expensive.
- Sony come across like they don't give a sh*t eg E3 2012, tgs. So why should the gamers?
- 3rd party support practically non existent.
- Sony support practically non existent.

However, I do still want one. I did have one but had to sell it for the cash. I'm in a better financial position now so I could get one again. Have to see what destination playstation brings.
#9SpyhunterRebornPosted 1/21/2013 6:27:36 AM
The problem here is that the mobile market is going to destroy handhelds long term, so this is a question that really doesn't have a meaningful answer...
---
Honest Gamer - be one...
#10ColorlessMagePosted 1/21/2013 6:29:47 AM
SpyhunterReborn posted...
The problem here is that the mobile market is going to destroy handhelds long term, so this is a question that really doesn't have a meaningful answer...

I'll just leave this here..

http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif