Do you truly believe Sony is doing enough to make this a long term machine?

#21AnclationPosted 1/21/2013 7:04:27 AM
No, they're being arrogant and complacent. At first they apparently expected that the technology and brand would be enough to secure good sales (you'd think they'd have learned from the PS3's troubled launch), which would of course result in strong third party support. When that didn't pan out all they did was stay the course, not even acknowledging the problem. By contrast, when the 3DS was putting up disappointing sales (though not performing nearly as badly as the Vita has been doing) Nintendo quickly responded with a big price cut to turn things around. One might say that Sony couldn't afford a similar price cut for the Vita, but if they were serious about making the system even a moderate success you'd expect them to have done SOMETHING at this point, instead of just pretending everything was fine.
#22Vitaisngage2Posted 1/21/2013 7:08:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#23SpyhunterRebornPosted 1/21/2013 8:08:12 AM
ColorlessMage posted...
SpyhunterReborn posted...
ColorlessMage posted...
The problem here is that the mobile market is going to destroy handhelds long term, so this is a question that really doesn't have a meaningful answer...

I'll just leave this here..

http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif

You can leave whatever you like - perhaps we should talk about the revenue being generated on the App Store by games? Perhaps we should talk about the number of releases by SE on App Store last year versus the number of releases on the Vita/PSP/3DS/DS as an example of where development is moving to (their latest being a complete disaster doesn't change the prior efforts).

Finally, we will ignore that both the Vita and 3DS are making it a priority to have iOS-type releases on the respective platforms...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508547

This that revenue?

AND LOL square enix

of all the companies you bring up you mention that sellout...

Not gonna get into a debate about this though.

There is no debate - your link is referring to social gaming, first, and second does not segment the difference between mobile and handheld.

Congrats though - you attempted to make an argument of something that you had no information to support.
---
Honest Gamer - be one...
#24SpyhunterRebornPosted 1/21/2013 8:11:00 AM
rockymin posted...
rockymin posted...
Sony is definitely not doing enough. Hell, here in NA we STILL can't play PS1 Crash Bandicoot. If they can't get little things like that done, how are they supposed to get good games made for it?

I'd really like to hear their explanation for their stalling of implementing features and bringing games for the Vita. Its a great system, and its such a shame Sony seems to be all but ignoring it.

This is your complaint regarding viability?

For the record, my belief is that the Vita is already a better buy than the 3DS, as the games that are available are already far better.

Yes it is. Sony just seems to be doing nothing as far as the Vita goes. At least in NA. Is it really that hard to make PSN games that are playable in Japan and Europe, playable in NA as well? They don't even tell us why. Its really getting frustrating.

Just look at the upcoming software list compared to Japan. They are getting a lot of games coming out whereas NA isn't getting anything.

Well this speaks more to the reality that Sony, righty, sees what is happening with mobile gaming in the West - which is what I am talking about. I agree that there shouldn't be a divide between regional PSN offerings, but I can only deduce this is because they do not believe that making these games available in the West is a profitable move.

Or they are just stupid.
---
Honest Gamer - be one...