Are PSP games generally better on the Vita?

#1blue_manPosted 1/21/2013 11:51:43 AM
I normally buy hard copies of PSP games and they are generally cheaper. But do they run better on a Vita and is the second stick helpful?
---
Currently Playing: Lucifer's Call (PS2) Ace Combat (3DS)
#2RotuhiiriPosted 1/21/2013 11:56:52 AM
For me the biggest difference is the screen size which is much better on the Vita. Some games look better while others worse but the screen is much bigger and brighter. I also really like mapping Start+Select to the bottom corners of the touch screen in games that actually use them like Gods Eater and Monster Hunter. The second analogue stick is also nice for the few games that had camera control mapped to the D-pad.

I'd say PSP games are better on the Vita but it's not that big of a difference for most games. I still buy UMDs whenever they're available and deal with the problems with playing them on the PSP instead but I do collect physical games.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#3Theclub83Posted 1/21/2013 11:57:04 AM
better im not sure, but the fact you can remake the d pad to the right stick is a magnificent gift from the sun gods who exploded for our sins.
#4foxgamer92Posted 1/21/2013 11:57:16 AM
With the second stick, Monster Hunter and Gods Eater Burst are a lot better.
---
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic 3D is inevitable for the 3DS. I will be correct.
PSN: Setsuna1292
#5kyncaniPosted 1/21/2013 12:43:00 PM(edited)
I didn't have a PSP but it is my understanding that you don't have to suffer the horrible UMD format.

You can map the buttons, which is a lot better for some games like Monster Hunter I think, like foxgamer92 said. It is my understanding that the camera was pretty much close to the only flaw the game had but you can map the camera to the right stick. I've bought the game to see what all the fuss was about but have not played it yet.

I'm playing through God of War: Chain of Olympus right now and I've mapped the second stick so that both sticks serve the same function : I had trouble with some quick time events on the left stick but the right stick for QTE is much more comfortable.

Age of zombies is a lot better with the square, triangle, circle and cross button mapped to the right stick since they control in which direction you're shooting.
#6Angemon_23Posted 1/21/2013 12:43:55 PM
I also really like mapping Start+Select to the bottom corners of the touch screen in games that actually use them like Gods Eater and Monster Hunter. The second analogue stick is also nice for the few games that had camera control mapped to the D-pad.

This.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#7Spiffy247Posted 1/21/2013 12:44:57 PM
If I got Gods Eater Burst on my Vita, could I pla against my siblings on their PSPs?
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#8DemonDog666Posted 1/21/2013 12:49:49 PM
blue_man posted...
I normally buy hard copies of PSP games and they are generally cheaper. But do they run better on a Vita and is the second stick helpful?

First of all, alot of games can be bought cheaply off of psn, especially when there are sales on, I got all 5 of my games for 5 or 7.5 bucks. Just keep your eyes open for psn sales.

As for better some psp games are alot better on vita, some are a little better some are about the same. The second stick is useful on alot of games, doesn't make a difference on alot of games too though, the screen makes most games look better, but it's not that big of a deal, a few select games actually run better on vita, these are really rare cases though. The last advantage isn't really one over psp persay just UMD games and that's loading issues, some UMDs had them most notably the alchemist game, but the digital versions don't have the issue.
#9Angemon_23Posted 1/21/2013 12:51:21 PM
If I got Gods Eater Burst on my Vita, could I pla against my siblings on their PSPs?

I've played Tactics Ogre, MHFU, Dissidia and MHP3G on a Vita with people using PSPs. I don't see why GEB should be any different, assuming both are running same region copies.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#10Spiffy247Posted 1/21/2013 12:52:13 PM
Angemon_23 posted...

I've played Tactics Ogre, MHFU, Dissidia and MHP3G on a Vita with people using PSPs. I don't see why GEB should be any different, assuming both are running same region copies.

Thank you sir.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.