Why is the Vita getting screwed out of ALREADY trasnslated games from Japan?

#11SpotlessedenPosted 1/21/2013 11:01:05 PM
One Piece is not popular in US, but Vita sold more in US than Japan.
#12Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:03:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13plo617Posted 1/21/2013 11:09:23 PM
Garfield64 posted...
Makes me sad because I loved Dynasty Warriors on the Vita =(

Would also love to get other people liking One Piece.

One Piece is a tough anime to get into. Most people try to explain that it's because of the dub that cut out a lot of stuff. However, I can tell you (after watching the first 40-50 of uncut episodes) that this is not the case. It's the simple fact that the beginning kind of sucks. One or two episodes to get into an anime is one thing, but once someone says "oh it gets good once such and such arc" (which is about 30+ episodes), then you have just lost a ton of potential viewers.

The show's main problem is its pacing. I'm sure that it will get better, but I literally have to force myself to watch it currently.
#14LuminescentRulePosted 1/21/2013 11:10:53 PM
PS3 is the only system where niche titles will sell well enough.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
No. of well-rated in 2012 : Vita = 35; 3DS = 24 (including 2 apps)
#15TinyTim123Posted 1/21/2013 11:11:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16TinyTim123Posted 1/21/2013 11:30:32 PM
Even if One Piece isn't popular here, I figure it could at least do a digital only release like New Little King's Story.
Assuming translation costs are low, what could it hurt them to put it on PSN, you know?
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#17Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:31:38 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Even if One Piece isn't popular here, I figure it could at least do a digital only release like New Little King's Story.
Assuming translation costs are low, what could it hurt them to put it on PSN, you know?

The BIGGER insult is that US Region IS getting a TRANSLATED Pirate Warriors 2 for PS3.

That means it's already been paid for and done. They just aren't bringing the Vita version over for what ever beyond stupid reason ^_^.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#18peacefulchaosPosted 1/22/2013 2:12:43 AM
Xseed still loves us, and though people say petitions don't work a petition is what got us Ragnarok Odyssey. Maybe we can beg Xseed to take a look at this also? Like other posters have said, there is literally no reason not to bring this to America aside from server costs. The translation is already done, and the heirarchy of the code is virtually the same. They would have to put next to zero effort in making this game happen.

I would have bought both versions of the game, but due to this I'll be passing on both unless China gets an English release for Vita and PS3. I also have a friend who is a huuuuge One Piece fan (I'm passively into it; I like it, but 400+ episodes is...a considerable investment) who would've bought both as well. Browsing Gamefaqs and Siliconera alone Namco Bandai seems to have made a massive error as there are quite a large number of very vocal fans that would've loved this on their Vita.
---
Now playing: Zero Escape (Vita), Book of Memories (Vita), Kingdom Hearts: DDD (3DS), Persona 3(PSP)
Eagerly awaiting: Ragnarok Odyssey,Liberation
#19Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:27:55 AM
peacefulchaos posted...
Xseed still loves us, and though people say petitions don't work a petition is what got us Ragnarok Odyssey. Maybe we can beg Xseed to take a look at this also? Like other posters have said, there is literally no reason not to bring this to America aside from server costs. The translation is already done, and the heirarchy of the code is virtually the same. They would have to put next to zero effort in making this game happen.

I would have bought both versions of the game, but due to this I'll be passing on both unless China gets an English release for Vita and PS3. I also have a friend who is a huuuuge One Piece fan (I'm passively into it; I like it, but 400+ episodes is...a considerable investment) who would've bought both as well. Browsing Gamefaqs and Siliconera alone Namco Bandai seems to have made a massive error as there are quite a large number of very vocal fans that would've loved this on their Vita.

it's about to be +600 I assume it's been a couple years sense you watched it lol =).
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!