Vita's screen is scratched. Can this be used to remove them?

#1Mister MoneyPosted 1/22/2013 12:01:57 PM
I was wondering if "Polywatch," the same stuff used to polish watches, could be safely used on the Vita's screen.

Just curious.
---
Japanese Import System Collection: PSP-3000 (White/Blue, Black/Red, Red/Black, Sky Blue/Marine Blue), PS3 (Scarlet Red), PS Vita (Cosmic Red, Sapphire Blue)
#2stargazer64Posted 1/22/2013 12:03:09 PM
Only one way to find out.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#3thinkingofwarPosted 1/22/2013 12:04:26 PM
Let us know how it works!
---
If you enjoy RPGs, please consider purchasing Trails in the Sky for your PSP/Vita on PSN and supporting XSeed's translation efforts on this massive undertaking.
#4SunshineladyPosted 1/22/2013 12:06:32 PM
"The plastic glass is very slightly dissolved and ground down by tiny abrasive particles."

That doesn't sound good at all. That isn't a scratch filler, its a polishing abrasive.
---
You don't know how they lost a heart? It was probably Tartaros. That heart breaker.
#5SosdocPosted 1/22/2013 12:20:19 PM(edited)
I personally doubt it, it may even scratch it further.
#6marsvalientPosted 1/22/2013 12:28:16 PM
Sunshinelady posted...
"The plastic glass is very slightly dissolved and ground down by tiny abrasive particles."

That doesn't sound good at all. That isn't a scratch filler, its a polishing abrasive.

Just reading that quote I'd think it was describing sand paper O.O
---
Vita: Megaman Legends, Dream C Club 0 Portable, Soul Sacrifice Demo
PS3: Way of the Samurai 4, Gal*Gun, Farcry 3
#7schadowPosted 1/22/2013 12:39:33 PM
Hold the Vita over a candle until the screen is all mushy, then re-flatten it with a spatula.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!
---
MageofBlood391 posted...
GameFAQs: Because if all else fails, you can always argue semantics.
#8calvinliangPosted 1/22/2013 12:47:59 PM
Should've had a screen protector on.
---
---
PSN ID: CaptCalvin
#9Mister Money(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:50:22 PM
calvinliang posted...
Should've had a screen protector on.
---

Actually, I do. My question was actually a hypothetical, in case I purchase a used Vita as a second unit. :)

But since the auction I was eyeing used, this topic is now moot, and will be closed in a few minutes.
---
Japanese Import System Collection: PSP-3000 (White/Blue, Black/Red, Red/Black, Sky Blue/Marine Blue), PS3 (Scarlet Red), PS Vita (Cosmic Red, Sapphire Blue)