Media Create Week 3.. I'm highly animated even though I'm decomposing

#51Ambassador_KongPosted 1/23/2013 9:25:34 AM
Zekrix posted...
Ambassador_Kong posted...

Here's a free idea for Sony, stop manufacturing the PSP. Seems pretty stupid to compete with yourself, doesn't it?

If you were in Sony's Employees position, would you cut off something that brings you money, and jump to something that you know that won't?

With Monster Hunter nowhere to save the Vita (It did a lot of wonders to the PSP) it's confirmed Vita will get nowhere close to it's predecessor.

One of the biggest challenges for the 3DS was that Nintendo was advertising the DS more aggressively than the 3DS at the 3DS launch. There were TV commercials advertising the DS and the Mario games (in sexy new red packaging at the same price) while no advertising for the 3DS at all. That was one of the big reasons that the 3DS had so much trouble.

I agree that the PSP is an important revenue stream, but if Sony wants to make the Vita viable, it has to kill of the Vita's main competition which is its predecessor.

This would be easier if Sony had actually gone through the trouble of making PSP games transferable to the new system. But, that would have require thought, and, you know, Sony and thought don't mix.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#52ZekrixPosted 1/23/2013 9:26:59 AM

This would be easier if Sony had actually gone through the trouble of making PSP games transferable to the new system.

The fact that Vita has no UMD slot is just ugh....wtf.
---
~Official Mewtwo of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Boards~
The Strongest Pokemon!
#53Ambassador_KongPosted 1/23/2013 9:32:43 AM
Zekrix posted...

This would be easier if Sony had actually gone through the trouble of making PSP games transferable to the new system.

The UMD was a bad idea from the beginning, but Sony went with it and now they have to deal with the decision not to have one on the Vita.

Sony is in the position they are in now, not because of one bad idea, but because of a series of bad ideas. Sony has been shooting themselves in the foot for the better part of a decade. There is no easy way out of the mess.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#54The_DjokerPosted 1/23/2013 9:45:46 AM
lol Wii U. New system with NSMBU and MH and still can't do that much. pathetic. Though todays announcements might help.
---
http://i.imgur.com/AZxdTPt.gif
#55The_DjokerPosted 1/23/2013 9:47:25 AM(edited)

Are you serious? UMD is horrible. You'd have to be an idiot to support that now. IT should never have existed in the first place. IT's like complaining about Gamecube not having an N64 Cartridge slot.
---
http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/476663/p4an.gif
#56demesjos2Posted 1/23/2013 9:50:13 AM
The_Djoker posted...
lol Wii U. New system with NSMBU and MH and still can't do that much. pathetic. Though todays announcements might help.

They might help that system but the games are not out yet and they only have a very few handful games that people want to play right now. Japan also might be expecting a price cut on the Wii U like the 3ds. The PS4 and new Xbox are going to have problems selling in the first year too.
#57vyseskiesPosted 1/23/2013 9:57:23 AM
Vita selling awful as ever
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#58LORD_LMAOPosted 1/23/2013 10:12:14 AM
Air_Gear_ posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Air_Gear_ posted...
Anyone who says that 9k is terrible has no idea how business works.

I want you all to sit there and count from one to nice thousand, one number at a time. I'll wait.

Now tell me that 9k is still "terrible". Its too bad that economics 101 isn't a required course these days.

Count to 81k, while I count to 9k and see which system is discontinued before you're done counting!

Your fanboy is showing :-)

i knew u were a sailor goon alt. and warned already, nice
---
"garfield64 has long beautiful hair that any sane woman would kill to have"
#59Koi_TenchiPosted 1/23/2013 10:25:46 AM
I'm glad to see the PSP is still getting some awesome games and continues to sell alright.

That was an awesome Sony portable.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#60Koi_TenchiPosted 1/23/2013 10:29:06 AM
Air_Gear_ posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Air_Gear_ posted...
Anyone who says that 9k is terrible has no idea how business works.

I want you all to sit there and count from one to nice thousand, one number at a time. I'll wait.

Now tell me that 9k is still "terrible". Its too bad that economics 101 isn't a required course these days.

Count to 81k, while I count to 9k and see which system is discontinued before you're done counting!

Your fanboy is showing :-)

Yep, guys, you heard it here first.

Anyone who says 81,000 is a higher number than 9,000 is clearly a fanboy.
---
It's a secret to everybody.