Why do people make fun of the Vita

#1_SolidGear_Posted 1/23/2013 12:58:29 PM
For not having as many games as the 3DS does? There's almost always a post here comparing the Vita's library to the 3DS', or about when Sony will discontinue the Vita because of poor sales. I know sales are bad, but the same thing happened to the PS3. It sold poorly the first two years, it got games, and it sold well. I'm trying to save up for a Vita now because, if this generation is any indication, I see the Vita suffocating us with games later on.
---
PSN & XBL: DeltaNinja117
#2kukingina2Posted 1/23/2013 1:18:36 PM(edited)
people are mean... they tend to pick on things who are down and cant fight back

its just like picking on that awkward lanky kid in highschool with a weird laugh and dental problems

to be honest the real reason the vita is failing has nothing to do with the 3ds

Sony always had a target audience of adolecent to teen dude bro super hardcore bro shooter game must have sex and blood with HD GAFIX so its mature bros with their games, since most of those guys would rather play on a big screen TV with expensive speakers than a small "kiddy" looking gadget, everything happening right now is expected

Nintendo atm is targeting kids, women or nostalgic old foggy gamers that prefer retro visuals or kids at heart stuck in the 90's with kids of their own so pokemon, mario or stuff like animal crossing or Niche JRPG's sells like pancakes

Sony needs to stick what its usual consumers would play and not overcomplicate things by getting niche games or JRPGs thats clearly not selling on the handheld.... Sports games, shooters and GTA. and then it will do great
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#3YarottPosted 1/23/2013 1:04:35 PM
Vita = Life
No Vita = No Life.
---
Throughout Internet History, there weren't any Ganons or Zeldas, only Links.
The Official Stiltzkin of all boards
#4Ambassador_KongPosted 1/23/2013 1:09:48 PM
Because it is 2012 and not 2007. Things have changed, there are more options for gaming, and people have less patience. Nintendo discovered with the 3DS that the old style of console release doesn't work so they made changes. The Nintendo Direct today shows that Nintendo isn't going to make the same mistakes with the WiiU.

Saying that the PS3 had a slow start therefore the Vita should be fine is a fallacious argument. There is no reason to think the success of the PS3 or the PSP or the 3DS has anything to do with the success or failure of the Vita.

The Vita already has the stink of roadkill about it and this is why announcements like Divekick are being treated as big news. There are no big releases to announce because there is very little developer support for the Vita and there is very little support because Sony hasn't made the Vita viable.

Everything has changed since the release of the PS3 - Sony is not the company that it once was, consumers have different tastes, and there is much more competition for gaming dollars. Sony continues to ignore these truths and that is really what is killing the Vita right now.

It's a shame because the Vita should be destroying the 3DS, but it isn't and it won't until Sony wakes up and realizes that "they" not "we" have to change.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#5Dark_ZenoPosted 1/23/2013 1:12:10 PM
I know after spending a lot of time here that a lot of people don't have nothing against the Vita. Quite a lot have something against Sony, but even then are in the minority.

The major problem of this board is that it exists on a site with a horrible community. A lot of people that you find defending the Vita/Sony more than usual are also the people you find attacking the WiiU (and also the 360 and 3DS, but less), and vice versa, people that attack the Vita can be found defending something else.

As such, a lot of people that attack the Vita/3DS/360/whatever end up doing because whatever machine they like are more often than not attacked as well, so the circle never ends.

Ex: Let's say a user from this site, let's call him AngryDog666 likes the Vita but see people attacking it (with good reason or not). The people that attack seem to like the (for example) WiiU. So what does Demon*cough* AngryDog666 does? he attacks it back (with good reason or not).
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#6Manilo_PunishPosted 1/23/2013 1:16:48 PM
And thus is the circle of life.

inb4becauseyoutouchyourselfatnight
---
The Punish.
#7vectorman5Posted 1/23/2013 1:18:32 PM
I'm willing to wager that the Vita would be doing much better if it were SD card compatible, instead of using unreasonably priced memory cards that can't hold a decent library of games.
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.
#8Dark_ZenoPosted 1/23/2013 1:19:05 PM
Manilo_Punish posted...
And thus is the circle of life.

inb4becauseyoutouchyourselfatnight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX07j9SDFcc
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#9OtakuGameraPosted 1/23/2013 1:21:14 PM
but they do have as many games as the 3DS i dont know how people could say they dont
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#10kukingina2Posted 1/23/2013 1:29:28 PM(edited)
OtakuGamera posted...
but they do have as many games as the 3DS i dont know how people could say they dont

having games is one thing,

having games that sell and fits the target audience of the console/handheld is another

see that list of JRPG's you listed would sell like pancakes (I mean cmon just look at fire emblem sold out everywhere) on the right system like I dunno the 3ds? which is swimming in JRPGs hot selling atm + the old DS titles

you think the usual "hardcore bro" audience sony has would care for those? they want sports games !!! GTA !!! Gran tourismo and more shooters.
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047