Capcom: RE Revelations not fit for Vita

#1S1nharvestPosted 1/24/2013 2:54:03 AM(edited)
http://www.examiner.com/article/capcom-explains-why-resident-evil-revelations-isn-t-coming-to-ps-vita

On Wednesday morning, Capcom addressed questions concerning PS Vita’s omission from the re-release of “Resident Evil Revelations”. Mike Lunn, Product Manager at Capcom, replied to questions from fans and shared a couple of reasons as to why the PS Vita wasn’t a platform of choice.

Yesterday, Capcom announced “Resident Evil Revelations Unveiled Edition” for release on Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and Wii U on May 21 in North America. Immediately, fans noticed that the PlayStation Vita has been omitted from this new release and now fans are wondering why Capcom chose not to put this once 3DS exclusive on Sony’s handheld.

Well, the reasons may surprise you.

When asked why there is no PS Vita version, he replied: Quote:

…. when we were developing Revelations for new platforms we really wanted to hone in on the experience you get with a large format screen, surround sound, etc. This type of setup really helps players get sucked into the horror vibe and enjoy the game to its fullest extent.

He later added:

Quote:

3DS and PS-vita infrastructure let alone developing games for them are extremely different beasts. Even just the screens as you mention are completely different resolutions/functions.

Seems like nothing is a fit for Vita.

Edit: that other revelation topic is 100x funnier now.
---

All Hail King Ghidorah, the Monster Zero
GT: KingxGeedorah - Psn: Sin_Ghidorah - http://i.imgur.com/k4Mc2.png
#2DaMonsterZer0Posted 1/24/2013 10:26:06 AM
It's knuckle puck time.
---
The Monster Is Zero - S1nharvest
My calculations are of course, precise, and the result exactly as I predicted.
#3NnamzPosted 1/24/2013 10:53:10 AM
I wish they'd just be honest and state that the game didn't meet their expectations on 3DS, and that that is why it's getting ported to consoles and not to Vita. Vita has an even smaller userbase than 3DS, so the effort to port it wouldn't be worth it.

Instead, they give these bogus contradictory statements which makes people just laugh at them more.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#4P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/24/2013 11:05:02 AM
Nnamz posted...
I wish they'd just be honest and state that the game didn't meet their expectations on 3DS, and that that is why it's getting ported to consoles and not to Vita. Vita has an even smaller userbase than 3DS, so the effort to port it wouldn't be worth it.

Instead, they give these bogus contradictory statements which makes people just laugh at them more.

Capcom milks games that do well. Because they were pleased with the 3DS version they are milking it by making it multiplat (while avoiding the Vita). If the game did poorly on the 3DS they wouldn't look back at it or try to resell it.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#5Elements012894Posted 1/24/2013 12:48:05 PM
Not a good fit lol

That's why they had support for the circle pad pro.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#6Tempest717Posted 1/24/2013 12:49:57 PM
It's not fit for systems that don't sell well I guess :v
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#7KenauePosted 1/24/2013 1:07:17 PM
In other words:

"We're too lazy to port it to the Vita."
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#8Ambassador_KongPosted 1/24/2013 1:10:17 PM
Kenaue posted...
In other words:

Nope, in other words:

There's no money in porting it to Vita.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#9este914Posted 1/24/2013 1:12:15 PM
Sad =[
I wish it was coming to Vita... day 1 buy it would be
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#10KenauePosted 1/24/2013 1:12:52 PM
Ambassador_Kong posted...
Kenaue posted...
In other words:

Nope, in other words:

There's no money in porting it to Vita.

To be honest, I hope it bombs on the consoles they ARE porting it to.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!