What's Next For The Vita In Japan?

#11Error1355(Moderator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:07:22 PM
Still nowhere near 3DS numbers, but much better than what it's doing now.

I would be shocked if it ever sold more than the 3DS, but I don't think the device will just die out.
---
A life long walk to the same exact spot.
Carbon's anniversary, the parting of the sensory.
#12Lord_VishanaPosted 1/24/2013 2:09:49 PM
Mister Money posted...
Interesting article indeed.

Loved that they mentioned Falcom :)

I love the Tales series and Falcom as well. Just remember they did say they intend to release future Tales games on the 3DS as well. Multiplatform is always a good thing.
---
3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds http://i.imgur.com/PQIyk.jpg
#13Lord_VishanaPosted 1/24/2013 2:10:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14PlayaMadeTxn05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:22:09 PM
Error1355 posted...

I would be shocked if it ever sold more than the 3DS, but I don't think the device will just die out.

I think Sony would rather keep the Vita in the same state it's in right now rather than to discontinue it this soon.

I'm sure the backlash would be immense from the gaming community. A lot of people would lose faith in Sony, if they haven't already.

I just wish Sony would do something, ANYTHING, to let us know they have a plan for the Vita. At least acknowledge how poorly they've been handling it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#15gamewhooper181Posted 1/24/2013 2:29:03 PM
The 3DS sold 32,000 in Japan the week before Nintendo announced it would have a price drop. Two weeks before the announcement, the 3DS sold 47,000. The announcement cut sales the week after to 16,000.

The reason 3DS sales went as low as 4,000 in one week was because everybody knew of the price cut. Why buy something when a price cut has clearly been advertised in advance?

The point is, 3DS started off slow compared to the expectations given to it, but it never frequently sold below 20,000 and below 10,000 like the Vita has been doing.
---
PS3/PSN: gamewhooper
NNID/Miiverse: gamewhooper
#16Lord_VishanaPosted 1/24/2013 2:29:56 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Error1355 posted...

I think Sony would rather keep the Vita in the same state it's in right now rather than to discontinue it this soon.

I'm sure the backlash would be immense from the gaming community. A lot of people would lose faith in Sony, if they haven't already.

I just wish Sony would do something, ANYTHING, to let us know they have a plan for the Vita. At least acknowledge how poorly they've been handling it.

I'm honestly dreading the Sony press conference at E3 this year. It's inevitable that they will unveil the PS4/Orbis and potentially devote the entire presentation to it. In 2012 the Vita only received a brief mention, hopefully they won't do that again this year.

If Wonderbook Vita is announced I'll cry...
---
3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds http://i.imgur.com/PQIyk.jpg
#17PlayaMadeTxn05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:33:34 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Error1355 posted...

I'm honestly dreading the Sony press conference at E3 this year. It's inevitable that they will unveil the PS4/Orbis and potentially devote the entire presentation to it. In 2012 the Vita only received a brief mention, hopefully they won't do that again this year.

If Wonderbook Vita is announced I'll cry...

I have a shred of hope that they won't make the same mistake twice. A shred. It's still hard to believe that they screwed up last years E3 as bad as they did.
---
Check me out!
#18kyncaniPosted 1/24/2013 6:25:45 PM
Error1355 posted...
I think the majority of purchases will happen after a price drop as well. I was going to wait for that but I caved in early. >_>

Same. Just some games I wanted to play :)
#19GrandCollapsePosted 1/24/2013 6:30:22 PM
They should make (insert a game name) downloadable only in a PS Vita in PSN after they announce the price cut and keep it for free until the change of price is in effect.
Then people that purchased the PSV before won't go nuts complaining.
---
Look, a boomerang! Wait, isn't that a toma......augh!
#20PlayaMadeTxn05(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 7:45:44 PM
GrandCollapse posted...
They should make (insert a game name) downloadable only in a PS Vita in PSN after they announce the price cut and keep it for free until the change of price is in effect.
Then people that purchased the PSV before won't go nuts complaining.

No matter what, Sony's going to have to make some type of sacrifice to keep the Vita afloat.
---
Check me out!