Wiiu Was doing terrible sales in japan, boom Nintendo did a sick presentation

#81king_maddenPosted 1/25/2013 1:01:39 PM
didnt the ps3 sell like the same amount as the vita when it first came out? sony has said a price drop is coming this year, its only been a year. people really are going crazy for nothing.

i mean just think a console system can sell over 70 million units and gamefaqs users swear its a failure. good thing gamefaqs is the minority though.
#82Fou LuPosted 1/25/2013 2:08:06 PM
What "sick" presentation? The thing earlier this week where they said they're remaking older games and how the Wii U gets Gameboy Advance games while the 3DS doesn't?
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#83ORANGE666Posted 1/25/2013 2:11:19 PM
blundermine posted...

Square Enix refused to develop for the SNES? FF VI would like a word with you...

Nintendo made developers sign that games developed for the SNES could not be ported to other consoles. SE told Nintendo they would not develop for the SNES, so Nintendo allowed them and a few other companies not have to sign. Which is why Chronno Trigger and FF4 and other games appeared on the PS1. SE was allowed to develop games and port them to whichever system they wanted.
#84PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 1/25/2013 2:11:57 PM
Whoa.... I thought this subject was overblown until I clicked on the vita option on the sites navbar and looked at the upcoming releases for vita...

There's like 5 games, none of which I would spend money on, let alone buy a system for. Not evcen in the top 10 (and I noticed most of those haven't even been released yet).

Daaayyyuuuum....

Well good thing I don't give a s*** about Nintendo OR Sony (or microsoft either really).
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#85jungfreudPosted 1/25/2013 2:18:03 PM
The red X was all I needed to see to get rehyped for the WiiU.

If Sony could actually issue a press release with a roman numeral X indicating that FF10 HD was actually still a thing that may be released at some point in the next decade they might get a tiny bit of momentum going, as well.

At least when Nintendo says it is going to do an HD remake of something, they actually do it.

Oh, and I have to comment on that tinfoil hat rant by orange. Aside from being the most incoherent, nonsensical, "based on a true story" diatribe I have ever seen, I had to laugh when you claimed "Square Enix" decided not to develop for the SNES.

Can you guess what is wrong with that? Hint: SNES game development wasn't exactly kicking into high gear in 2003.
#86R_ChampPosted 1/25/2013 2:19:52 PM
serenade_beta posted...
deathpapaya posted...
Why isn't sony doing anything? It's been like a full year of horrendous sales.

Because Sony is telling themselves that it is fine.
Bad news?
Nintendo's president apologizes. Sony's tries to hide.

I thought this was interesting. To me, it seems like Nintendo apologizing is like saying "We have stuff on the way!" Whereas the "No comment" or "It's a marathon" is like Sony hoping they'll get something.
#87Oni_TaedoPosted 1/25/2013 2:20:38 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
the presentation basically says "be patient for 2-3 years and we will give you 4-5 games", didnt actually changed the lack of games.

though i agree that sony should've done something to alleviate some worries and inject some positivity into the system.

Which is logical.
Sometimes people forget that games take time.

I mean, we got a Zelda two years ago. Three years between each game, roughly.
Had a Metroid, three years ago. Anywhere between 2 - 4 years in between each game.
New 3D Mario, three years ago. SMG2 was the first sequel for a 3D Mario, which came out two years after the first. But before that there was a four-five year gap between Sunshine and Galaxy 1.
A Smash Bros. game came out four years ago. Eight year gap between Melee and Brawl.

I agree with Iwata. Be patient. We will get our games. It's not any different than it was before. Nothing has changed.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#88Fr33zPosted 1/25/2013 2:23:40 PM
the sad part is that that was only showcasing first party titles and nintendo said there would be a specific nintendo direct for third party games, that just means more is on the way. im really hoping sony does atleast something similar to announce some big hits for the vita.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#89The_Undying_84Posted 1/25/2013 2:42:30 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
blundermine posted...

Square Enix refused to develop for the SNES? FF VI would like a word with you...

Nintendo made developers sign that games developed for the SNES could not be ported to other consoles. SE told Nintendo they would not develop for the SNES, so Nintendo allowed them and a few other companies not have to sign. Which is why Chronno Trigger and FF4 and other games appeared on the PS1. SE was allowed to develop games and port them to whichever system they wanted.

Square Enix didn't exist back then, it was Squaresoft.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#90GEKGanonPosted 1/25/2013 2:51:53 PM
I think the Vita is probably tanking on its own merits, but also the merits of the PSP. I had a PSP for a while, and owning it was enough to make me certain they weren't tricking me again with the Vita.
---
Steam Name: gekganon