Wiiu Was doing terrible sales in japan, boom Nintendo did a sick presentation

#91NnamzPosted 1/25/2013 4:52:27 PM
So much defensiveness in this topic, both from Nintendo and Sony fanboys.

Vita isn't selling well and Sony has done nothing to change that.

Wii-U isn't selling well and that presentation largely did nothing to alleviate that. (sorry, but I'm not buying a Wii-U for a remake and a sequel to a mediocre game)
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#92AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/25/2013 5:26:32 PM
Nnamz posted...

Wii-U isn't selling well and that presentation largely did nothing to alleviate that. (sorry, but I'm not buying a Wii-U for a remake and a sequel to a mediocre game)

What did you buy a Vita for? Ports and mediocre games, right? Or maybe you can tell us what non-mediocre games you've been playing on the Vita?;0)
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62168949?page=1
Goon claims 90k to 70k is "70% drop in sales"
#93MarkCohenBrosPosted 1/25/2013 6:14:43 PM
This Nintendo Direct definitely convinced me to pick up a Wii U. I mean, my damn laptop runs every PC game out right now at Ultra/60 FPS @1080P, so I was thinking about skipping this gen of consoles and sticking with PC+3DS+Vita to get most of my gaming needs and then grab a Wii U on sale when Zelda HD is released in like half a decade.

But WWHD and Nintendo's attempt to instill some confidence really got me to reconsider the inevitable. With the Vita, I feel like it's been abandoned. Every day I hope Sony will announce something big, but nothing happens. Waiting for E3 is also foolish at this point. Not only is it a half a year away, there's no guarantee we'll be getting anything exciting, when Sony is gonna be fully occupied with the PS4.

They can't let the PS4 fail. I bet all their main studios and whatnot are busy working on PS4 exclusives, hence the lack of anything from the first party studios with the Vita, and I am hoping they are learning their lesson with the Vita and 3rd parties (and the PS3 in the early days of course) and adjusting the things wrong so it isn't repeated with the PS4. When it comes down to it, it's deciding between reviving a product on life support and risking the PS4 or let the Vita die a slow death, while they focus on the PS4, hoping things just work out in the end. Especially when the console race has Microsoft and Nintendo as opponents, whereas the handheld scene only has Nintendo (and indirectly Apple/Google/etc)
#94NnamzPosted 1/25/2013 6:41:42 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Nnamz posted...

What did you buy a Vita for? Ports and mediocre games, right? Or maybe you can tell us what non-mediocre games you've been playing on the Vita?;0)

Got a Vita for Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, LBP, Lumines, Stardust, and Gravity Rush. (as well as future titles like Killzone and/or ports/multiplats like Sound Shapes, Rayman, BlazBlue, etc). Recently I've just finished Need for Speed Most Wanted on Vita, reviewed it, and gave it a 6.5. I've also been racing in Wipeout 2048 and playing the occasional level in LBP.

Does that sum it up well enough for you Junpei? Or are you still going to try to damage control the Wii-U some more? lol you're so transparent!
---
#95Fr33zPosted 1/25/2013 6:52:09 PM
Nnamz posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Nnamz posted...

Got a Vita for Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, LBP, Lumines, Stardust, and Gravity Rush. (as well as future titles like Killzone and/or ports/multiplats like Sound Shapes, Rayman, BlazBlue, etc). Recently I've just finished Need for Speed Most Wanted on Vita, reviewed it, and gave it a 6.5. I've also been racing in Wipeout 2048 and playing the occasional level in LBP.

Does that sum it up well enough for you Junpei? Or are you still going to try to damage control the Wii-U some more? lol you're so transparent!

Its all opinion. For you the announcements may not have changed your stance but to many others it has. To some people they enjoy the Vita and what it has to bring, to others they take that stance you take against the WiiU.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#96NnamzPosted 1/25/2013 6:55:34 PM
Fr33z posted...

Its all opinion. For you the announcements may not have changed your stance but to many others it has. To some people they enjoy the Vita and what it has to bring, to others they take that stance you take against the WiiU.

Of course. None of my friends want a Vita, and their reasons are the exact same as why I (or they) don't want a Wii-U.

Junpei is just getting massively over defensive from the Wii-U bashing, that's all.
---
#97UniversquallPosted 1/25/2013 6:55:44 PM
Fr33z posted...
the sad part is that that was only showcasing first party titles and nintendo said there would be a specific nintendo direct for third party games

Hopefully that's where more than one potentially interesting game gets announced. Unlike at ND1. Fingers crossed.
---
NP: Jurassic Park (PS3) Skyrim (PC) Jetpack Joyride, Final Fantasy I (Vita) Nope (WiiU60)
#98flame030191Posted 1/25/2013 6:57:22 PM
gamewhooper181 posted...
flame030191 posted...
I'm still wondering how people get excited over half a dozen Mario games, a remake of the second worst Zelda game made, and the announcement of a new Zelda.

Super Mario Bros. is the reason why console gaming was revitalized and exists as it does today.
Super Mario 64 was groundbreaking and revolutionary when it released in 1996.
Super Mario Galaxy is the highest rated game this past generation.
Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the highest rated game of all time.

Excuse me if we get hyped over new installments in each series.

You also conveniently missed the announcements of games like X, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, and Wii Party U, as well as the footage of The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2.

Their big announcement was half a dozen Mario games, like Mario Kart, then was Wind Waker HD, then a new Zelda game we know nothing about, and finally Wii U Party.

First off the Mario games. Yes, he got the gaming industry back going in the 80's, but do we need a dozen announcements every year for him? Cut back on him a little and let the other franchises get some ground, or make a new one.

Then Wind Waker HD... It was hated on GCN, and it was regarded as among the worst Zelda games ever made due to uninteresting story and too much sailing around. But now that its getting an HD port, is that anything to be excited for? If you hated it then, you'll hate it now.

Next is Zelda HD. Yes, everyone has been wanting it for a long time now, a Zelda game that looks beautiful in HD. However, nothing else was talked about or shown for it, except they are again changing the formula. By the way, Zelda 2 changed the formula. Wind Waker changed the formula. Skywayrd Sword changed the formula. All of these games got bashed by Zelda fans because they didnt fit. Not saying they were especially terrible games, though, but the general feel of the community was they deviated too much. Now they announce they want to completely deviate, and its amazing?

Finally... Wii U Party. Of course, THIS must be the key! Everyone sell your PS3's, Xbox's, and Vitas! You need to get this huge game, only available on Wii U!!!

Seriously, though, this announcement just further proves my point I made when X/Y were announced. Nintendo doesn't have to show anything amazing, nor do they have to promise a great experience. A few years ago people hated them, but now anything they say makes people drool and get excited?
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#99Fr33zPosted 1/25/2013 7:01:01 PM
flame030191 posted...
gamewhooper181 posted...
flame030191 posted...
I'm still wondering how people get excited over half a dozen Mario games, a remake of the second worst Zelda game made, and the announcement of a new Zelda.

Super Mario Bros. is the reason why console gaming was revitalized and exists as it does today.
Super Mario 64 was groundbreaking and revolutionary when it released in 1996.
Super Mario Galaxy is the highest rated game this past generation.
Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the highest rated game of all time.

Excuse me if we get hyped over new installments in each series.

You also conveniently missed the announcements of games like X, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, and Wii Party U, as well as the footage of The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2.

Their big announcement was half a dozen Mario games, like Mario Kart, then was Wind Waker HD, then a new Zelda game we know nothing about, and finally Wii U Party.

First off the Mario games. Yes, he got the gaming industry back going in the 80's, but do we need a dozen announcements every year for him? Cut back on him a little and let the other franchises get some ground, or make a new one.

Then Wind Waker HD... It was hated on GCN, and it was regarded as among the worst Zelda games ever made due to uninteresting story and too much sailing around. But now that its getting an HD port, is that anything to be excited for? If you hated it then, you'll hate it now.

Next is Zelda HD. Yes, everyone has been wanting it for a long time now, a Zelda game that looks beautiful in HD. However, nothing else was talked about or shown for it, except they are again changing the formula. By the way, Zelda 2 changed the formula. Wind Waker changed the formula. Skywayrd Sword changed the formula. All of these games got bashed by Zelda fans because they didnt fit. Not saying they were especially terrible games, though, but the general feel of the community was they deviated too much. Now they announce they want to completely deviate, and its amazing?

Finally... Wii U Party. Of course, THIS must be the key! Everyone sell your PS3's, Xbox's, and Vitas! You need to get this huge game, only available on Wii U!!!

Seriously, though, this announcement just further proves my point I made when X/Y were announced. Nintendo doesn't have to show anything amazing, nor do they have to promise a great experience. A few years ago people hated them, but now anything they say makes people drool and get excited?

Yes only announce Mario and Zelda but completely ignore their announcements of a new Yoshi game, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Monolith Softs "X", and even give a deeper look into Bayonetta 2's development. and more information on Wonderful 101. I hate when people think its "only" Mario and Zelda then ignore everything else that gets announced. Same with the way people think Vita has no games even though it does have its quality titles.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#100GloryChaosPosted 1/25/2013 7:02:46 PM
flame030191 posted...
I didn't watch the Nintendo Direct nor did I look up any news on it.

That's perfectly fine that you didn't. For the record, Mario and Zelda were the two series they gave us the least amount of information on.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666