Email from Sony

#31kingofall214Posted 1/25/2013 3:06:04 PM
ColorlessMage posted...
Welp,this just pushed me to sell my Vita...

I know that "everyone does it" but of all the times now? and what marketing they have done with the Vita?

Why is such a amazing device being handled with such incompetence.

Lol seriously? You're going to sell your vita because of a incentive program to tell your friends to get a vita?
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#32kdiz4321Posted 1/25/2013 3:08:46 PM
serenade_beta posted...
kdiz4321 posted...
This is funny but aside from sony trying to do this as advertisement, how do you claim your $20 and how do you prove that you got someone to buy it? I think that you guys who have vitas can work this to get a lot of $20 cards, or at least try to get some from people here who are considering buying one in the near future.

Don't worry, when the fanboys go to get their $20s, Sony will go to court and their lawyers will ask for evidence that the reason the friends bought the game systems was the fanboy.
And you know what, you can't really get that proof, because there are so many variables.

That sounds about right. The greatest part of that lawsuit is that the lawyers will cost more than the sum total of all the $20 cards :)
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#33neskyPosted 1/25/2013 3:12:06 PM
I got the email too :(
---
i7 930 @ 4.05 | 12GB 2000MHz Dominator GT | Evga GTX 480 SLI @ 850/2000 | Win 7 Pro - Intel X25-M MLC SSD Raid 0 | Corsair 1200AX | Dual Loop LCS | Corsair 800D
#34mrekliPosted 1/25/2013 3:14:46 PM
nesky posted...

WHAT IS SO BAD ABOUT THIS?
---
Every service with a username: mrEkli. Google me if you must.
#35AceallwaysPosted 1/25/2013 3:17:52 PM
Too bad I cant sign up, says it cannot verify my PSN ID.
#36AnclationPosted 1/25/2013 3:21:15 PM
mrekli posted...
nesky posted...

WHAT IS SO BAD ABOUT THIS?

Mostly the timing of it, in light of the current circumstances it seems desperate, as well presumptuous ("instead of properly advertising the system ourselves, let's have the fans do it")
#37kng3025Posted 1/25/2013 3:41:00 PM
Seriously though, if anyone was think about picking up a Vita, there's no reason not to try this out. 20 bucks for both of us isn't bad. PM if anybody is interested.
#38FKRW4LifePosted 1/25/2013 3:48:56 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
The denial from the Sony faithful is absolutely sadlarious.

You're on a total butthurt troll role today, lmao. Must have been a bad day at school. Sixth grade can do that to you ;)
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#39DoramiPosted 1/25/2013 3:49:12 PM
kdiz4321 posted...
This is funny but aside from sony trying to do this as advertisement, how do you claim your $20 and how do you prove that you got someone to buy it?

One method is obvious: When the friend who bought a Vita goes to register the Vita on his PSN account, a question asks how he became interested in Vita. One possible option is friend's recommendation, with a box to enter the friend's PSN ID. The $20 is then credited directly to the friend's PSN ID. To prevent abuse, a master list of registered Vita unit IDs is used to keep track of which ones have been registered.
---
"You are an Earthman in whom a preference for the personal presence of an attractive woman is not psychotic." - R. Daneel Olivaw, The Naked Sun
#40Error1355(Moderator)Posted 1/25/2013 3:52:09 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46899210&postcount=239
---
A life long walk to the same exact spot.
Carbon's anniversary, the parting of the sensory.