Good games to get for a new vita owner?

#11PiesiaPosted 1/26/2013 4:55:07 PM
thefabregas22 posted...
Basically I'll be getting a vita soon so I'd like to know of some good games. I've currently ordered new little kings story and I'm importing persona 4 golden. Is it worth getting uncharted and gravity rush on psplus as I'll only be getting an 8gbcard. So any other games I should look at? I like most genres.

I think that 8 GB is the minimum size: remember that game saves are kept together with the app for psn apps so be sure you back them up using content manager or get 16 gb so you have more room for ps plus downloads. If you don't, your save will be deleted if you delete the game.

I really liked dokuro, uncharted, unit 13, shinobido 2 (like the tenchu games) and assassins creed. If you like that type of game, you can put many hours into disgaea, as well as persona.

I hated call of duty and resistance (both made by the same developer). Playing the welcome park or free Frobisher says game can help you understand some of the newer ways of doing things.

Playstation allstars was ok, but a short game.

Enjoy your vita!
---
Best regards,
Piesia
#12RotuhiiriPosted 1/26/2013 5:35:08 PM
This post reflects my opinion and my opinion alone. When I say a game is good, it means I enjoyed it personally.

Top tier:
Persona 4: Golden*
LittleBigPlanet*
Virtue's Last Reward
Gravity Rush
Sound Shapes
Plants vs. Zombies (It should be noted that this one is expensive compared to versions on other platforms.)

Very good tier:
Super Stardust Delta
Sine Mora
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Dokuro
Virtua Tennis 4*
New Little King's Story

Good tier:
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
MotorStorm RC
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Silent Hill: Book of Memories*
Sumioni
Ragnarok Odyssey*
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale*

* These games can last you a long time IF you like them, often because of multiplayer modes.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#13bluehat94Posted 1/26/2013 10:44:23 PM
EvilSock1990 posted...
i wish people would stop posting that the vita version of PSO2 is coming stateside.
only the PC version is getting released internationally.

You can just import it.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#142xkrazyPosted 1/26/2013 11:30:02 PM
Mcnugget2256 posted...
How many topics like this exist huh? There have to be hundreds that answer exactly what you are asking. I know it might be a challenge, but before you ask the people on this board, do alittle research first.

This guy would rather read about vita flop topics instead of op
#15GrandCollapsePosted 1/26/2013 11:47:51 PM
EvilSock1990 posted...
i wish people would stop posting that the vita version of PSO2 is coming stateside.
only the PC version is getting released internationally.

Yup, Phantasy Star 2 Online for Vita will only be out for JP PSN, so you'd need to make a JPN PSN acc.
---
Look, a boomerang! Wait, isn't that a toma......augh!
#16kyncaniPosted 1/27/2013 3:10:57 AM
thefabregas22 posted...
Is it worth getting uncharted and gravity rush on psplus as I'll only be getting an 8gbcard.

PS+ goes hand in hand with a 32 gb memory card IMO.
And a 32 gb memory card also goes hand in hand with PS+.
#17mralspspPosted 1/27/2013 3:24:45 AM
I would also suggest getting DJ Max Technika Tune.

I would also import Project Diva.
---
3DS XL (blue) 0645-6929-4999: Mr.AlXLB
PSN (Vita & PS3): syscoman
#18kinterpin890Posted 1/27/2013 4:38:12 AM
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz.