I want a Vita. Need Help.

#1Steak_n_TatersPosted 1/27/2013 8:27:49 AM
So I have decided, finally, that I want to purchase a Vita. It may sound strange but I am not very interested in Vita games. There are a few that I will get such as Soul Sacrifice and maybe P4G but all in all I want a vita for handheld jrpg. It offers me this through ps1 classics that I failed to play in my youth and psp games I missed out on due to the fact I never owned a psp either.

Since I will mainly be using my vita for ports of older games, I have a few questions:

1. Being new to using the features on the ps store, if I purchase a game on my ps3 will I be able to transfer that to my vita?

2. Are the ports of the classics and psp games good quality? Are the aspect ratios messed up or anything or do they play ok?

3. What system should I purchase? I want just the wifi model and it does not have to be a bundle but I will need a memory card. What is the cheapest route to achieve this? Should I buy a refurbed vita with a memory card or should I wait a little longer for a good bundle to come out? Are there any price drops looming?

Thanks in advance for any info. I know that most will tell me not to get a Vita, but I have made my mind up and I think it will be perfect for playing alot of the older classic rpg games I have missed out on.
#2Jprime666Posted 1/27/2013 8:34:29 AM
1. Yes

2. They play perfectly fine.

3. I'd get a wifi model. Not sure what the current deals are on Vitas.
#3kyncaniPosted 1/27/2013 8:43:40 AM
Most PSP games available on Vita are best played on the Vita IMO : you can map things on the right stick.

You may want to buy a 32 gb memory card though if you plan on purchasing a bunch of PSP games; might as well subscribe to PS+ too.

Sales and special bundles happen from time to time. I've bought a used Vita.
#4FindmeElseweyrPosted 1/27/2013 8:44:30 AM
Buy a PSP. seriously. cheaper console, cheaper memory cards, and cheaper games.
---
I have never been more serious about anything in my life.
dungeonfighter.nexon.net
#5Steak_n_Taters(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:54:12 AM
I was also considering just buying a psp as an option as well. If I do that, will I be able to play all of the ps1 classics there as well? The only drawback to this plan is that I will not be able to play any good Vita games once they come down the pipe. I am interested in some of them as I have mentioned but I am not sure if that is worth the extra cash considering that I mainly want to use it for ports.
#6Lord_VishanaPosted 1/27/2013 9:00:31 AM
FindmeElseweyr posted...

I concur.

While you mentioned interest in a few Vita games, purchasing one only to play PS1 Classics or PSP games sounds a little silly to me. You can purchase a PSP 3000 that comes with a card for $100 USD. Remember many PSP and PS1 Classics aren't compatible with the Vita at all(including nontransferable from a PS3 to a Vita) some aren't on the Vita store either.

While the Vita is worth it, with what you aspire to do with it I think the PSP is a better choice.
---
3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds http://i.imgur.com/PQIyk.jpg
#7Power TurtlePosted 1/27/2013 9:04:33 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
FindmeElseweyr posted...

I concur.

While you mentioned interest in a few Vita games, purchasing one only to play PS1 Classics or PSP games sounds a little silly to me. You can purchase a PSP 3000 that comes with a card for $100 USD. Remember many PSP and PS1 Classics aren't compatible with the Vita at all(including nontransferable from a PS3 to a Vita) some aren't on the Vita store either.

While the Vita is worth it, with what you aspire to do with it I think the PSP is a better choice.
#8netman70Posted 1/27/2013 10:00:33 AM
I say get the Vita. Persona 4 Golden is an absolutely amazing title and Soul Sacrifice looks like it will be great (plus if you like the way SS is set up you may want to check out Ragnarok Odyssey as well on Vita).

Imo the Vita is much better for playing the PS1 ports than the PSP is, and certain PSP games are actually better (IMO) on Vita as well. My main example of this is the Monster Hunter series. In the past the biggest complaint about these games is the terrible camera controls, controlled by the dpad, but on Vita you can map the dpad to the right stick, making it much easier on your hands.

Just my two cents on the matter. I got a Vita and have never looked back.
---
PSN: Bein Kitterrrrs
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcn2fjpjmg1qdkrl2o2_400.gif
#9calvinliangPosted 1/27/2013 10:18:41 AM
The Vita is the way to go for PS1 games. It emulates the dual analog controller for the PS1. Unlike the PSP.
---
---
PSN ID: CaptCalvin
#10Steak_n_Taters(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 11:41:34 AM
Thanks for all the input guys.

I went ahead and bought the AC bundle Vita. There are some other games on the Vita that I will purchase that I could not pass up. Plus the functionality with the ps store and the silly free games they put up will keep me quite busy.

I am starting with Grandia and I will also play the AC3 it came with and Sound Shapes looks cool as well. So far I am pleased with my purchase. A great piece of tech and it is exactly what I was looking for.