Do you think this year's E3 will change the perception of the VITA?

#1monkeyman0111Posted 1/27/2013 3:19:24 PM
Before you say "Who cares, I just play games"
Please understand that you need any product to sell well to keep getting more support/games.

The Main stream doesn't talk about the Vita, and the Niche gaming mainstream only seems to talks about how it's on the verge of doom. it's annoying, and I'm too positive of a guy to think it's over for such a good console.

That said...

Do you think this year's E3 will change the perception of the VITA?
What would change the perception?
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111
#2RustleSmith2Posted 1/27/2013 3:22:05 PM
It didn't last year, and it sure as hell wont change this year. Sony has nothing left for the vita and they'll just focus all their resources on the PS4. With the Vita being a failure as usual.
---
crap man is here, care to backup your argument of why the databook is correct with more than just poop comments crapsmith-Anema1986
#3kingofall214Posted 1/27/2013 3:22:23 PM
The main stream doesn't even know what E3 is.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#4LockeMonsterPosted 1/27/2013 3:22:34 PM
Hopefully, yes.
Realistically, no.
---
"Scranton is great, but New York is like Scranton on acid. No, on speed. Nah. On steroids."
#5monkeyman0111(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 3:38:44 PM
kingofall214 posted...

Typically, if the core audience has a bad perception of it, then it gets little to no traction of press with the mainstream media.
So it still needs to have good press at E3 for a good foundation
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111
#6shampoowarriorPosted 1/27/2013 3:50:10 PM
I bet it will be about as good as last year's e3.

So no.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#7kingofall214Posted 1/27/2013 3:51:00 PM
monkeyman0111 posted...
kingofall214 posted...

Typically, if the core audience has a bad perception of it, then it gets little to no traction of press with the mainstream media.
So it still needs to have good press at E3 for a good foundation

When you said mainstream I thought you meant average joe. As for mainstream media, I have never seen any news channel highlight E3 events. If you mean mainstream gaming news sites, They will always cover E3 news. It's why E3 exists.

Gaming news sights tend to bash the vita for it's sales. They can't be taken seriously especially when those sites stated the vita was fairly priced before launch and then said it was priced way to high after launch.
---
#8SirFreshnessPosted 1/27/2013 3:53:51 PM
hopefully sony learned that largely ignoring its newly released product in the biggest expo of the year is not they way to go.
---
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness"
PSN-SIrfreshness
#9kingofall214Posted 1/27/2013 3:57:48 PM
SirFreshness posted...
hopefully sony learned that largely ignoring its newly released product in the biggest expo of the year is not they way to go.

They didn't ignore it. However they didn't give it much ether. They announced the Assassins Creed bundle but didn't say what it cost. 2 days later they announce that it would be the same as the regular model. It makes it seem like they slipped up. I can imagine the presenter going back stage and just realizing that he forgot to say the price and facepalming.
---
#10Maximum OverdrivePosted 1/27/2013 4:02:22 PM(edited)
kingofall214 posted...
SirFreshness posted...

They didn't ignore it. However they didn't give it much ether. They announced the Assassins Creed bundle but didn't say what it cost. 2 days later they announce that it would be the same as the regular model. It makes it seem like they slipped up. I can imagine the presenter going back stage and just realizing that he forgot to say the price and facepalming.

I'm sure they use the reading cards on TV screens to read a lot of their lines and to guide them through their presentation. As for changing peoples' views on the Vita, I don't know but I hope so.

---
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL