Considering getting a Vita.

#1PyralblitzzzPosted 1/27/2013 3:31:02 PM
I'm considering purchasing Vita, but I'm curious as to the thoughts of current Vita owners. I don't see a multitude of games that I would be interested in, but I've bought consoles for a few games in the past, and the Vita is still in its earlier days. I was just wondering what you would suggest for someone who enjoys pretty any kind of game that isn't an FPS, and who particularly enjoys RPGs, and also, whether or not I can play all the games I currently have purchased on PSN on the Vita.
#2BrasenPosted 1/27/2013 3:47:37 PM
I'd say wait unless there is that must have game you gotta play or just have the money to blow. Wait an see if Sony actually does anything for it this year...
#3kingofall214Posted 1/27/2013 4:01:41 PM
Look through the library that is currently out and see if you would buy them if you already had a vita. There aren't any mega hits for vita but there are a TON of games that are good on vita.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#4kyncaniPosted 1/27/2013 6:15:54 PM
On the RPG side, I've got
Disgaea 3
Persona 4 Golden (preordered, EU)
Final Fantasy IV: complete collection (727 mb, psp)
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of Lions (195 mb, psp)
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (826 mb, psp)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (814 mb, psp)
Ys Seven (434 mb, psp)
New Little King's Story

Also waiting for a sale on
Persona 3 Portable (psp)
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (psp)
#5yankee6903Posted 1/27/2013 6:28:22 PM
P4G
EDF
DJ Max

Hundreds of hours of fun
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#6FindmeElseweyrPosted 1/27/2013 6:30:13 PM
Wait.

It's not worth it right now. See how things play out for the Vita this year, and if nothing improves, it's likely a dead console and you'll have wasted your money otherwise.

Worst case scenario, the Vita gets a ton of games announced for it, and you have a huge backlog.
---
I have never been more serious about anything in my life.
dungeonfighter.nexon.net
#7brett3011Posted 1/27/2013 8:15:54 PM
I love my vita. It has a lot of potential, but I also understand that it may not be for you right now. I've played a lot of vita games, played some ps1 classics, and a few psp games as well. There's more to do on it than just game also. But waiting is pretty logical considering there might not be many announced upcoming games you'd like. I guess what I'm saying is I don't regret getting my vita but I can't say I'm satisfied with Sony's effort to make it better either. If you like torture, get a vita.
#8TehTrumpCardPosted 1/27/2013 9:01:11 PM
You can own all 4 Persona games on one console. (No The Answer or Eternal Punishment though)

As for the games I can't think of any Vita exclusive (that isn't a port/remake/enhacned port) that might interest you've. I've demoed most of them and wasn't a fan.
---
...Life is tedious if it ain't flowing...
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#9nsf2playPosted 1/27/2013 9:12:53 PM
You can play a lot of the PSP psn and PS1 psn games on the Vita.

In my opinion though, honestly, only get a vita if you can understand and read Japanese or are trying to learn.

Because the way things look it isn't getting nearly enough support in the west and the Japanese store already has a lot of games on it. (although to be fair, a lot of the games are visual novels and ports, but at least it's something)

3ds is much better for western support.
#10skyrimer3dPosted 1/28/2013 2:28:13 AM
I think you'll be surprised how good the VIta is. It's only lacking a real killer app, though it have its share of great games like gravity rush, Uncharted, LBP, etc., and it's price together with the high price of memory cards and heavy competition from 3ds makes it look like a bad console, where in fact it's an amazing consoles with easily 15-20 very good games, lots of PSN content, amazing graphics, great design with an incredible screen, interface, amazing dpad and very solid online play. You should go for PSN+ first, lots of great content really cheap.
---
Men play fighting games, little kids play pokemon. -ShaolinAced