I have a feeling Sony is going to "relaunch" the Vita pretty soon

#31stargazer64Posted 1/28/2013 7:41:28 AM
Ihavealotofspac posted...
so people want another ngage now?

An N-gage-type device with actual good games would be nice. That way I could ditch my cell phone.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#32pokemonmaster0Posted 1/28/2013 9:53:47 AM
I really doubt we will see a redesign any time soon, stores are already having a hard enough time moving the units they have, I doubt they want even more stock that they might not be able to get rid of.
#33AkagehisaPosted 1/28/2013 10:12:40 AM
Sony should hire you TC,,,
#34anon_firePosted 1/28/2013 10:55:15 AM
They should get rid of the Rear Touchpad entirely.
#35deathpapayaPosted 1/28/2013 1:44:46 PM
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
Dersu_Uzala posted...
From: MobileWarfare | #006You heard of the Sony Xperia Play? It didn't sell very well.

Because it could only play crappy Android games and PSOne Classics. If they released a smartphone with full Vita capabilities, it would be a very solid product and could find a really strong niche.

I mean, they released that 3G model for nothing. It would have actually meant something if it was a smartphone.

But I don't want a smartphone..I want a dedicated gaming device. I have no interest in a cell phone, seriously..

Then you are a looooooooooser.

Get some friends.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#36Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/28/2013 4:31:17 PM(edited)
so people want another ngage now?

The problem with the N-Gage was that it was way too early. No one cared about games on cellphones back then. But that's no longer the case. A similar device today, if marketed right and given enough support, could have a real shot at success. (Obviously, the Xperia Play wasn't that.)

Price doesn't really matter with phones. As the iPhone has proved, people can write any ridiculous phone price off as a "necessity", while gaming handhelds are nothing but luxuries. As long as this hypothetical Vita smartphone isn't like $800, it would sell.
#37sausage54Posted 1/28/2013 4:31:04 PM
If this system gets a facelift, the only way I buy is if it incorporates L2/R2 buttons next to R1/L1.
---
The only thing I can control is my EFFORT, ATTITUDE, and, FOCUS.
#38Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/28/2013 4:32:09 PM
If this system gets a facelift, the only way I buy is if it incorporates L2/R2 buttons next to R1/L1.

That would significantly enlarge the system and decrease portability. I say they just use the back touchpad for extra shoulder buttons.