Notifications for app/game updates

#1enkeixpress_Posted 1/28/2013 12:56:56 AM(edited)
Hey, a little while ago I used the YouTube app, apart from it crashing with errors occasionally as usual, it did its job. Only what I didn't realize was that there was an 'improve software stability' update available to download for it which actually more or less fixed the errors. I'm not sure why I didn't notice there was an update at first, I think it's cause the orange icon takes a little while to appear the first time it's discovered.

So what I think needs to be done is that there needs to be notifications appearing/shown on the home screen/notificatioms bar whenever new updates are made available for any apps/games that you happen to have on your system.

Or at least have an 'An update is available for this app/game' upon opening the app/game. Anything is better than an little orange icon that can be easily missed.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? Do you agree with this idea & if so, how do you think it should be done. :)
---
*holds arms out* I have spoken.
#2defunct32Posted 1/28/2013 1:22:41 AM
I've PS+ and it notifies me about the update and even appeared on the lock screen w/ "New YouTube App Software ready to be updated" with the PS+ plus (+) sign next to it. I'm not sure if you have to be a PS+ to receive such notifications or you need to periodically refresh the app to see if there's new updates.. by refresh I meant the icon at the top next to the manual.