Adding funds to a Japan PSN Account

#1zh_jiamingPosted 1/28/2013 1:06:15 AM
I checked around and found that most places are asking for what is arguably a 20% and above markup.

The closest one is http://www.japan-codes.com.

Is there any place else I can get a rate better than a 20% markup? Virtual credit cards? Ebay? Amazon.jp cards sent to a Japanese middleman?
#2defunct32Posted 1/28/2013 1:13:51 AM
Difference in currency and rates? This is why I have issues having a PSN account and I couldn't find any store that carries a US PSN card unless I'm not looking hard enough.
#3Guerrilla SoldierPosted 1/28/2013 2:17:02 AM
I used Japan Codes myself, absolutely no regrets or complaints. Best deal I was able to find for a card, got myself VC3 DLC not too long ago.
---
CainExodus - Oakland A's fan: 2012 AL West Champions
Keep the A's in Oakland!
#4BoosenPosted 1/28/2013 4:14:28 AM
why not use a credit card?
---
3DS FC - 1461 - 6256 - 5395
Psn - brysen
#5Marik78Posted 1/28/2013 4:49:57 AM
Boosen posted...
why not use a credit card?

Non-JP credit cards can't be used on the JP PSN.

Best choices to get a JP PSN card are japan-codes, yamato-touch (don't deal with physical imports) and play-asia (the most expensive).
#6zh_jiaming(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:59:26 AM
Anyone had any success with a virtual or prepaid JP card?
#7Marik78Posted 1/28/2013 5:02:10 AM
zh_jiaming posted...
Anyone had any success with a virtual or prepaid JP card?

Yup. I bought 2x 3000yen cards. Received their codes few hours later then spent the money right after.
Demon Gaze is fun. Once I understand what the "near" system does, I'll share my id.
#8zh_jiaming(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:20:40 AM(edited)
Any problems downloading whole games to the VITA? I'm planning to get one when my finances improve. Its either those prepaid cards on a 20% markup or somehow getting a virtual japanese credit card. I heard there might be middlemen that allow you use of those.

I'm in Singapore so i'll get one of the local sets and rely on the JP PSN store.

I heard some games are huge (3GB+) so I guess i'll need to either get a bigger memory card or xfer the data to the PC regularly....

A wifi set is fine right? I'm mainly playing it at home.... have a home wifi network.

I want a demon gaze. Wonder if its a big download.
#9Marik78Posted 1/28/2013 5:37:11 AM
Downloading from the JP PSN may be a bit longer depending on your localisation.

Soul Sacrifice (Demo) is ~1 Go and took me 1 hour to dl.
PSO2 (Beta) is 2 Go and took me 1h30~1h45 to dl.
Demon Gaze is 700 mo and took me 45 min to dl.

Played with other players on PSO2 and Samurai&Dragons with no lag at all.
#10GrandCollapsePosted 1/28/2013 5:52:36 AM
zh_jiaming posted...
Any problems downloading whole games to the VITA? I'm planning to get one when my finances improve. Its either those prepaid cards on a 20% markup or somehow getting a virtual japanese credit card. I heard there might be middlemen that allow you use of those.

I'm in Singapore so i'll get one of the local sets and rely on the JP PSN store.

I heard some games are huge (3GB+) so I guess i'll need to either get a bigger memory card or xfer the data to the PC regularly....

A wifi set is fine right? I'm mainly playing it at home.... have a home wifi network.

I want a demon gaze. Wonder if its a big download.

You could import the games or find at the stores there. From what I know, Singapore has a lot of japanese imported games. And shipping there should be cheaper.
---
Disgaea D2!