Adding funds to a Japan PSN Account

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Adding funds to a Japan PSN Account

User Info: zh_jiaming

zh_jiaming
3 years ago#1
I checked around and found that most places are asking for what is arguably a 20% and above markup.

The closest one is http://www.japan-codes.com.

Is there any place else I can get a rate better than a 20% markup? Virtual credit cards? Ebay? Amazon.jp cards sent to a Japanese middleman?

User Info: defunct32

defunct32
3 years ago#2
Difference in currency and rates? This is why I have issues having a PSN account and I couldn't find any store that carries a US PSN card unless I'm not looking hard enough.
Guerrilla Soldier 3 years ago#3
I used Japan Codes myself, absolutely no regrets or complaints. Best deal I was able to find for a card, got myself VC3 DLC not too long ago.
CainExodus - Oakland A's fan: 2012 AL West Champions
Keep the A's in Oakland!

User Info: Boosen

Boosen
3 years ago#4
why not use a credit card?
3DS FC - 1461 - 6256 - 5395
Psn - brysen

User Info: Marik78

Marik78
3 years ago#5
Boosen posted...
why not use a credit card?

Non-JP credit cards can't be used on the JP PSN.

Best choices to get a JP PSN card are japan-codes, yamato-touch (don't deal with physical imports) and play-asia (the most expensive).

zh_jiaming
3 years ago#6
Anyone had any success with a virtual or prepaid JP card?

Marik78
3 years ago#7
zh_jiaming posted...
Anyone had any success with a virtual or prepaid JP card?

Yup. I bought 2x 3000yen cards. Received their codes few hours later then spent the money right after.
Demon Gaze is fun. Once I understand what the "near" system does, I'll share my id.

zh_jiaming
3 years ago#8
Any problems downloading whole games to the VITA? I'm planning to get one when my finances improve. Its either those prepaid cards on a 20% markup or somehow getting a virtual japanese credit card. I heard there might be middlemen that allow you use of those.

I'm in Singapore so i'll get one of the local sets and rely on the JP PSN store.

I heard some games are huge (3GB+) so I guess i'll need to either get a bigger memory card or xfer the data to the PC regularly....

A wifi set is fine right? I'm mainly playing it at home.... have a home wifi network.

I want a demon gaze. Wonder if its a big download.

Marik78
3 years ago#9
Downloading from the JP PSN may be a bit longer depending on your localisation.

Soul Sacrifice (Demo) is ~1 Go and took me 1 hour to dl.
PSO2 (Beta) is 2 Go and took me 1h30~1h45 to dl.
Demon Gaze is 700 mo and took me 45 min to dl.

Played with other players on PSO2 and Samurai&Dragons with no lag at all.

User Info: GrandCollapse

GrandCollapse
3 years ago#10
zh_jiaming posted...
Any problems downloading whole games to the VITA? I'm planning to get one when my finances improve. Its either those prepaid cards on a 20% markup or somehow getting a virtual japanese credit card. I heard there might be middlemen that allow you use of those.

I'm in Singapore so i'll get one of the local sets and rely on the JP PSN store.

I heard some games are huge (3GB+) so I guess i'll need to either get a bigger memory card or xfer the data to the PC regularly....

A wifi set is fine right? I'm mainly playing it at home.... have a home wifi network.

I want a demon gaze. Wonder if its a big download.

You could import the games or find at the stores there. From what I know, Singapore has a lot of japanese imported games. And shipping there should be cheaper.
Disgaea D2!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Adding funds to a Japan PSN Account

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived