How is persona 4?

#31defunct32Posted 1/28/2013 6:56:29 AM
@ The_Djoker;

Calm down man, it's just a topic on GameFAQs, he asked for opinions and need some kind of feedback, what's wrong with that? True, there are many reviews out there some are even professional ones but there is also nothing wrong w/ getting opinions from gamers on a gaming board, he could have used the search function but then again what's wrong w/ creating a topic asking for opinions? At least he didn't troll or waste our (or my time) w/ useless topics.

It's either you help out and give your honest opinion or go reply to other topics.
#32Omega_BlackPosted 1/28/2013 11:07:24 AM
The_Djoker posted...
You won't achieve anything...except make yourself look silly.

Speaking of silly, you're pretty much the only person in this topic fitting that description considering you're throwing such a tantrum over something so minor, lol.
What's the matter? Forgot to take your meds this morning? ;)
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#33S_T_O_N_E_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:01:25 PM
The_Djoker posted...
However ratings and scores mean nothing to me. If i like it i like it if i don't I don't.

But a few opinions on minor message board does? As you say..if you like it you'll like it you'll like it.

It absolutely baffles me why you would even create this topic. And I didn't say for you to look at ratings and numbers but maybe use your brain and read comprehensive reviews from the 30 odd ones out there. And from people who talk about all the points you've raised but in a more meaningful way.

But it's ok lets make an already stale topic just for a few more repetitive opinions. You could done a search for Persona 4 and there is like 1000 topics on it. What were you actually expecting as responses? Seriously? People need to use their brains a bit more. Your mentality and ignorance pisses me off. It looks childish because the personas look like pokemon? You want people to give you serious answers after that crap? Cmon dude.

Buy the game and try it out for yourself and actually play the game for a few hours. You won't achieve anything by making this topic except make yourself look silly.

Please don't quote me half way. I can tell you're a child since you're getting upset over the most stupidest things (ITS A GAME, NOT REAL LIFE). I only got mad by your criticisism of my opinion. You're entitled to your own but not to judge mine or say it's stupid. The whole pokemon thing I got from a review from ign (only watched it because i wanted to see some gameplay as well as a little bit about the story). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ba8LKmqYxA
Yell at him not me.

Don't keep going with this. I won't so have fun arguing with yourself.
---
I LIEK PIEZ.
#34S_T_O_N_E_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:02:38 PM
defunct32 posted...
@ The_Djoker;

Calm down man, it's just a topic on GameFAQs, he asked for opinions and need some kind of feedback, what's wrong with that? True, there are many reviews out there some are even professional ones but there is also nothing wrong w/ getting opinions from gamers on a gaming board, he could have used the search function but then again what's wrong w/ creating a topic asking for opinions? At least he didn't troll or waste our (or my time) w/ useless topics.

It's either you help out and give your honest opinion or go reply to other topics.

THIS^.
Thank you.
---
I LIEK PIEZ.
#35WiiFan77Posted 1/28/2013 5:06:37 PM
Buy Persona 3 Portable first. It's much better, aside from the graphics.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#36FindmeElseweyrPosted 1/28/2013 5:06:48 PM
why are you on the fence?

You like RPG's

You have a Vita

Yet you're on the fence about Presona 4 despite being one of the highest rated RPG's ever.

Jesus some people.

I spit out my coffee, omfg I haven't laughed so hard in my life.

10 ****ING 10, PERFECT.

Anyways TC, the game is 90% dating sim, minus the hentai. Combat is slow and repetitive, the challenge is non-existant, the story is something you'd find out of a typical saturday morning anime in the US, characters and all.

Only get it if you're desperate for something resembling a RPG, otherwise it's trash.
---
I have never been more serious about anything in my life.
dungeonfighter.nexon.net
#37S_T_O_N_E_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:15:04 PM
ITP posted...
S_T_O_N_E_ posted...
ITP posted...
I said I find it hard to believe that a voice actor can turn you off a game that much.

Being a paramedic doesn't impress me, I live in Israel :)

oh. well i wasn't boasting i enjoy the work. =]
Her voice is annoying to me. Some people like the hyper active girly girl voices I however do not. Now a voice like ali hillis or collen clickenbeard or even alexis timpton are some of my favorite female voice actors and todd haberkorn for my favorite male voice actor.

I'm not that into the VA scene, so I'm not that familiar with the names you've mentioned, though I did hear many of Laura Bailey's parts (after seeing her IMDB profile): Catherine, Serah Farron, Chun Li, etc' it's amazing how she's in almost everything, lol.

though she did do Persona 4 back in 2006, so you have to give her credit for reprising her role in it.

in any case, I hope you are able to overcome your hatred for her and you play this game. it's definitely one of the best RPGs I've played.

Well they're in alot. LIGHTNING for example is voiced by ali hillis, todd haberkorn mainly in animes and alexis & collen the same.

I don't hate her I just hate her voice. I'm sure shes good at her job which is why shes in probably everything, Just me personally, her voice makes me want to rip out my ears.
---
I LIEK PIEZ.
#38mike_411Posted 1/28/2013 5:17:21 PM
S_T_O_N_E_ posted...
ITP posted...
Definitely get it.

It's divided into two parts: real world and TV world.

In the real world, you get one daytime and one night time activity per day, and you go to school, hang out with in game characters, purchase thing (books, items, equipment) from shops etc'
Spending time with characters increases their affection for you, and if you reply to their dilemmas or problems in a way that's favorable to them, your social link with them will level up.

Once in a while, a major plot event will cause you to go on a mission in the TV world. Each segment of that world is a multi floored dungeon with random generated floors (aside from specific premade ones) with random enemies and treasures. The fights are turn based RPG and you can control all 4 characters in your party, and customize the party formation itself as the game progresses.

Each of your characters has a single persona, with up to 8 abilities, and the main character is able to change personas on the fly (once per battle turn) and can carry up to 12 of them (starts out as 6 and grows by 2 at levels 10,20,30.

The personas themselves are mostly standard enemies and bosses from other SMT games, with elemental magic coming in fire,ice,lightning,wind,light and black flavors.

When not inside a dungeon, there's a special room that can be visited from both the real world and the TV world, in which you can fuse 2 or more personas and get a new one, which will inherit some of the old ones' abilities and will gain a social link related bonus.

That's the gist of it. 95% of the main plot is also fully voiced over, and there are some anime cutscenes thrown into the mix.

And questions?

YES is (oh gawd please no because i do NOT support laura bailey (her voice is just awful cannot stand it) in the game? because if it is i won't get it then. No.. just no. My ears can't take anymore! =[

WHAT!?
She is one of my favorite female voice actors ever! That voice is just so damn good and she isn't a bad singer. What is there to hate!? D:

I also like Yuri Lowenthal's voice too (he also does a voice in this game. Brosuke!) :D
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#39S_T_O_N_E_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:18:39 PM
FindmeElseweyr posted...
why are you on the fence?

You like RPG's

You have a Vita

Yet you're on the fence about Presona 4 despite being one of the highest rated RPG's ever.

Jesus some people.

I spit out my coffee, omfg I haven't laughed so hard in my life.

10 ****ING 10, PERFECT.

Anyways TC, the game is 90% dating sim, minus the hentai. Combat is slow and repetitive, the challenge is non-existant, the story is something you'd find out of a typical saturday morning anime in the US, characters and all.

Only get it if you're desperate for something resembling a RPG, otherwise it's trash.

Well I want an RPG lol. Are there any other titles like an rpg turned based system or linear based for the VITA?
---
I LIEK PIEZ.
#40S_T_O_N_E_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 5:21:06 PM
ITP posted...
tvak posted...
in my opinion saying persona is like Pokemon is the same as saying call of duty is like fallout 3
yes if you glanced at it very very briefly (like look at a poster or something) but in reality there completely different
also the original persona is about 3.99 on the psn if you want to try one first i suppose (but then again the first one is also completely different than the fourth)

In SMT Nocturne you go around dungeons with a main character and a changeable party of "monsters". you are able to add monsters to your party by weakening them and then using a charm-like move to capture them. you can change which monsters go into battle with you, and they gain abilities by leveling up and they eventually evolve into stronger monsters of the same type.

if the above description is anything other than "like pokemon", then I'm not a gamer, this is not a post, and we are not having a discussion.

on a side note, while the persona series (assuming the other games are similar to this one) does change that formula enough that it's not recognizable with an immediate glance, the fact that you have 20 archtypes of monsters with different monsters of the same element in each and you gain those monsters by winning battles or fusing existing monsters, still makes it similar to pokemon.

I Never said it was like pokemon. I just said it looked childish neveer said it was. I only said some reviewer I saw said it was like (key word like) pokemon.
---
I LIEK PIEZ.