For real, the games need to start rolling in 2013, otherwise the Vita= mori

#31LegionSoupPosted 1/28/2013 12:30:16 PM
FlipManV3 posted...
Dust91 posted...
Likewise, your definition of "good" is not the same for every poster on this forum. Why are people so fixated with the 3DS anyway? It's not like it has its own forum or anything.

It's not my definition of good, it's the industry's definition. This is for both user and critic aggregate.
Hence, where "taste" is formulated. I've said this already, this argument does not favor the Vita no matter how you twist it.
-

The game industry says it's bad? How so? I feel like Persona 4 was the highest rated game of last year (or one of the highest). I feel like the Vita was the best new piece of hardware (or one of them). What information are you getting that says the Vita or its library of games are bad? The 3DS board?

My favorite pizza joint is in downtown Baltimore. It doesn't make a lot of money, but the people who know about it LOVE it. Would it be able to go head to head against Papa John's? Maybe not sales wise, but slice for slice, it beats out the big chain.
#32AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/28/2013 12:42:16 PM
LegionSoup posted...
FlipManV3 posted...
Dust91 posted...
Likewise, your definition of "good" is not the same for every poster on this forum. Why are people so fixated with the 3DS anyway? It's not like it has its own forum or anything.

It's not my definition of good, it's the industry's definition. This is for both user and critic aggregate.
Hence, where "taste" is formulated. I've said this already, this argument does not favor the Vita no matter how you twist it.
-

The game industry says it's bad? How so? I feel like Persona 4 was the highest rated game of last year (or one of the highest). I feel like the Vita was the best new piece of hardware (or one of them). What information are you getting that says the Vita or its library of games are bad? The 3DS board?

My favorite pizza joint is in downtown Baltimore. It doesn't make a lot of money, but the people who know about it LOVE it. Would it be able to go head to head against Papa John's? Maybe not sales wise, but slice for slice, it beats out the big chain.

The Vita doesn't fit your analogy because in terms of upcoming, announced games, it can't beat out "the big chain" in this case. It just can't. We don't know what the future holds, but at the moment, the Vita just doesn't have the software to compete. It's like your favorite little pizza joint ran out of slices.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62168949?page=1
Goon claims 90k to 70k is "70% drop in sales"
#33FlipManV3Posted 1/28/2013 2:07:30 PM
LegionSoup posted...

What are you talking about?
Step one, don't cover another person's argument when you don't fully understand the situation or his/her stance.

Look at the entire topic, even just the topic title. It's about the future and upcoming games.
The 3DS has a great and established lineup, whether you're a fan of the games or not. The Vita on the other hand, does not. A lot of upcoming games are questionable for the Vita with very few "must own", AAA, or large titles.
Examples of what is considered "good" on the Sony side would a game by Naughty Dog or Quantic. A God of War game works too.

I've never said anything whether the entire current library sucks or not, which is what you're defending. I like the games I have myself.
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#34Fallen_LordPosted 1/28/2013 2:14:27 PM
Well, this thread has pretty much devolved into "my opinion is fact" so please lock this thread and put it out of our misery.
#35FlipManV3Posted 1/28/2013 2:58:38 PM(edited)
Fallen_Lord posted...
Well, this thread has pretty much devolved into "my opinion is fact" so please lock this thread and put it out of our misery.

It really hasn't.
Again, it's not anyone's specific opinion, it's the entire industry.

Look, if you think Cabela's Shootout or Cupcake Maker Wii is fun and that it's a "good" game, in your opinion, more power to you. The entire industry as a whole definitely doesn't. Same instance with the future of Vita games. There are two "big" games for the Vita and that's Soul Sacrifice and Tearaway, which are still somewhat questionable. I think the Vita is a fantastic hardware and I thought the launch games were good, but if you're including Kickbeat to your list of anticipation, that's on you.
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.