Do you think Sony should make a Vita and PS3 version for all games

#1BruceLee1974Posted 1/28/2013 8:49:27 AM
I think they should make a PS3 and Vita versions for all their upcoming games, because not everyone that owns a vita owns a ps3.

I've noticed a few good games coming to the PS3 from Sony but not to the Vita. I think Sony is crazy for not making a Vita and PS3 version because Vita needs more games, specially if they are really good ones as well.
#2mk_spiritPosted 1/28/2013 8:53:11 AM
Though graphically, the Vita can keep up with a PS3 on a lot of things, the carts simply do not have enough space for a lot of games
---
PSN ID: TheBlackFool
#3Biezulbub669Posted 1/28/2013 8:56:11 AM
I agree man. I hope Sony can turn things around with the Vita because it has so much potential. But it just seems like they're giving up on it. Sony has so many products that they probably have trouble keeping up with them all! lol I remember they made some surround-sound soundbar for your tv that i always wanted to buy but they stopped making 'em shortly after they came out!! lol :(
---
PSN - BiezulbubBill69
http://www.youtube.com/user/biezulbub669
#4Lord_VishanaPosted 1/28/2013 9:02:08 AM
Absolutely not. The Vita needs it's own exclusives and identity completely separate from the PS3. If in theory all future Sony releases would be a for PS3 and Vita, it would completely kill the Vita to people who don't already own the system. Please, before you comment on the portability aspect, consider someone would have to pay $300+ for the Vita a card and a game(exluding bundles). For that a normal consumer would be more inclined to purchase a PS3.

While multiplatform may sound nice in theory, with how unfortunately low the Vita install base is, it could make a bad situation worse. For instance, if Soul Sacrifice released for the PS3(honestly think it will eventually) at the same time as the Vita, it would completely cannibalize potential Vita sales.
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#5BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:03:20 AM
mk_spirit posted...
Though graphically, the Vita can keep up with a PS3 on a lot of things, the carts simply do not have enough space for a lot of games

I asked on here the other day how big is a Vita cart and someone told me 4GB, BUT you can get bigger ones but they have to pay sony a fee or something.

If this is true Sony can release any game they want since they own the carts anyway.
#6kyncaniPosted 1/28/2013 2:16:07 PM
I'd like to be able to play a lot of PS3 games on my Vita ... actually pretty much all of them if I had the choice. That'd be pretty sweet with cross save too.