Monster Monpiece Doing Well; Compile Heart Apologize For Shortages

#1ManjiMidouPosted 1/28/2013 7:31:21 PM
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/28/monster-monpiece-doing-well-compile-heart-apologize-for-shortages/
---
He is Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Sausages.
#2GenocideHeartPosted 1/28/2013 7:35:11 PM
...monstergirls? This is relevant to my interest.

And wow, sales numbers close to Hyperdimension Neptunia... not bad at all given the Vita's own sales and the fact it's Compile Heart, one of the nichest niche companies on the planet.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#3ManjiMidou(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:38:05 PM
not to mention how Many more Ps3's there are to PS vita in comparison. So l must say the game so far is a success for them.
---
He is Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Sausages.
#4GenocideHeartPosted 1/28/2013 7:46:16 PM
I'm starting to think niche developers will begin to look at Vita with interest. It makes sense - they expect low sales to begin with, and on Vita, so far there aren't OMGHUEG established titles taking away all attention from their smaller, cheaper offers. On PS3, the flood of high profile titles will drown theirs, but on Vita (and PSP as well, just look at its games list), smaller dev can make a fortune even with a small userbase because their units-sold goals are lower.
---
#5darkphiresagePosted 1/28/2013 8:00:27 PM
GenocideHeart posted...

And wow, sales numbers close to Hyperdimension Neptunia... not bad at all given the Vita's own sales and the fact it's Compile Heart, one of the nichest niche companies on the planet.

there was a link to a youtube video showcasing the game's...touch screen features. what i saw wasn't niche for japan. >_>
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)
#6legendarylemurPosted 1/28/2013 8:00:34 PM
GenocideHeart posted...
I'm starting to think niche developers will begin to look at Vita with interest. It makes sense - they expect low sales to begin with, and on Vita, so far there aren't OMGHUEG established titles taking away all attention from their smaller, cheaper offers. On PS3, the flood of high profile titles will drown theirs, but on Vita (and PSP as well, just look at its games list), smaller dev can make a fortune even with a small userbase because their units-sold goals are lower.

Actually... this is really only selling well because it's Compile Heart. It'll be difficult to replicate Compile Heart unless of course you "out-fan service" them. However, this may be a hint that maybe these risque games work better on the Vita because of the generally higher age range that Vita owners have.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Catch the Rainbow
#7MMaestroPosted 1/28/2013 8:07:24 PM
But is it coming to the U.S.? If not, then I don't care.
#8deathpapayaPosted 1/28/2013 8:38:33 PM
darkphiresage posted...
GenocideHeart posted...

there was a link to a youtube video showcasing the game's...touch screen features. what i saw wasn't niche for japan. >_>

Yup, because everyone in Japan is a peado and a perv right?

Get real, the japanese hate otaku as much as we do.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#9mike_411Posted 1/28/2013 9:04:20 PM
Those sales are...lol
Vita's killer app? xD
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#10GenocideHeartPosted 1/29/2013 9:04:01 AM
legendarylemur posted...
GenocideHeart posted...

Actually... this is really only selling well because it's Compile Heart. It'll be difficult to replicate Compile Heart unless of course you "out-fan service" them. However, this may be a hint that maybe these risque games work better on the Vita because of the generally higher age range that Vita owners have.

Senran Kagura is outfanservicing CH pretty well from what I saw. Juuuuust sayin'.

Not sure how the sales are, though.
---