Konami: no castlevania LoS mirror of fate vita due to lack of stereoscopic 3D

#81zeroxfinalPosted 1/29/2013 6:53:03 PM
SpicyRamen10 posted...
I own a 3ds and a vita, and I think the 3d on the ds is a pointless gimmick like the back touch of the vita. It's just some stupid developer making up an excuse b/c he's too much of a wuss to develop for a system that's sadly dying. There should be more companies like ChunSoft who made a game for both handhelds though granted the vita version wasn't as good.

The 3ds one is even worst. The save file can get corrupted on the 3ds one.
#82xfactor(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:41:26 PM(edited)
Jobocan posted...
xfactor posted...
Yes it can. Mario 3D land have you missing jump in some parts without 3D.

Maybe you didn't play the same Super Mario 3D Land I did, but I played it with the 3D turned off for the most part. It looked really good, but not once was it actually needed or useful.

cador posted...
Lots of people talking here as if higher resolutions isn't another form of a gimmick. Like 3d, HD is a way to visually immerse your audience. This is not bad by any means but lets not pretend its essential to gameplay.

Can you tell me when was the last time detailed hair strands, "realistic" facial features, well defined musculature etc. on the character models(All visible thanks to HD) help gameplay in anyway? Did those highly detailed character models help you perform combos in Tekken, or improve your aim in FPS games or something?

You're talking just about visual style here. HD is not just about better textures or anything. HD means more pixels for the developer to use. So HD can be used to put more things on screen which, if used properly, can in fact improve gameplay. It almost never does, of course, but it's possible.
3D can't. Pushmo might be the best example of good 3D use, but even then it could have been mitigated by just changing the camera angle.

Actually, it is needed. 3D really helps in some part of the game, especially in the secret areas where you can use it to learn which sequence to jump on the boxes. Of cause you can makes several trial and error, but what's the point when you can use the 3D?

cador posted...

Jobocan posted...

You're talking just about visual style here. HD is not just about better textures or anything. HD means more pixels for the developer to use. So HD can be used to put more things on screen which, if used properly, can in fact improve gameplay. It almost never does, of course, but it's possible.
3D can't. Pushmo might be the best example of good 3D use, but even then it could have been mitigated by just changing the camera angle.

I'd say putting more things onscreen has more to do with processing power than HD. For visual reference(Not gameplay reference), check out some bullet hell games. I don't think you can put things on the screen more than that but those aren't in HD. With HD though, you can put the same amount of things on screen and those things would be in greater detail.

This.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#83RE4FREAKPosted 1/29/2013 9:36:34 PM
Jobocan posted...
xfactor posted...
Yes it can. Mario 3D land have you missing jump in some parts without 3D.

Maybe you didn't play the same Super Mario 3D Land I did, but I played it with the 3D turned off for the most part. It looked really good, but not once was it actually needed or useful.

cador posted...
Lots of people talking here as if higher resolutions isn't another form of a gimmick. Like 3d, HD is a way to visually immerse your audience. This is not bad by any means but lets not pretend its essential to gameplay.

Can you tell me when was the last time detailed hair strands, "realistic" facial features, well defined musculature etc. on the character models(All visible thanks to HD) help gameplay in anyway? Did those highly detailed character models help you perform combos in Tekken, or improve your aim in FPS games or something?

So much misinformation its not funny. better resolution doesn't result in more things on screen. That logic will mean a low specs pc with a HD monitor is capable of displaying more and process faster in terms of games performance than a high end pc with a SD monitor. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.
---
Fear Can't Kill You, But....
#84b1gt0nePosted 1/29/2013 9:58:55 PM
monkeyspoon posted...
High res graphics are better than 3D. Truth is they would have to rework every model and texture before putting it on vita. Low res 3DS graphics look awful on a high res vita screen.

"you lose! good day sir!!"
#85TheBorderColliePosted 1/30/2013 7:21:08 PM
This is the lamest excuse I have ever heard. 3D is NOT required for any game, and most 3DS owners play games with it shut off

Got any definitive proof of that statement?

I think people are overreacting. Konami isn't suggesting the Vita is inferior....They are simply saying that the 3D aspect is an integral part of how they designed THIS PARTICULAR GAME. Therefore, the game wouldn't translate well to the Vita.
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#86DevilStriderPosted 1/30/2013 8:03:20 PM
All these fanboy tears. Go buy a 3DS and get it over with. I have a vita but I'm getting a 3DS ASAP.
---
kcypher2000: "Btw i pirate and i don't give a damn what you think about it. At the end of the day you are paying to play what i get for free."