Do you guys think the PlayStation Vita's current pricing is affecting its sales?

#21shampoowarriorPosted 1/29/2013 12:25:57 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
The only thing thats really hurting the system is nothing to do with the system itself but by the blind hatred and fanboyism from Nintendo fanboys.

lol
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#22Metalsonic66Posted 1/29/2013 12:35:32 PM
The price of the system is fine. It's the cost of the memory sticks and the lack of advertising that are the biggest issue.

Seriously, most people have no idea what the Vita can do.
---
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.
#23KattrandPosted 1/29/2013 12:36:21 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
The only thing thats really hurting the system is nothing to do with the system itself but by the blind hatred and fanboyism from Nintendo fanboys.

lol

I am not a fanboy. I own 60 vita games and a 3ds and a WiiU and a PS3/Xbox . If you think that fanboys are destroying the vita, that's just funny. 75 million PSP users and they cannot convince 10% of them (that's about 7.5 million) to buy the system.

1. Memory Card Price hurt the system

2. Lack of system sellers unique to the Vita or made just for the Vita is hurting the Vita

3. Lack of backwards compatibility is hurting the Vita

4. We can go on and on!

I love my vita!
---
Oh, all right, Uncle Ulty REALLY wants you to paint his portrait!
#24GradyHooverPosted 1/29/2013 12:57:06 PM
Kattrand posted...

I am not a fanboy. I own 60 vita games

Wow, you must own some real crap...
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#25LitCandlezPosted 1/29/2013 1:43:00 PM(edited)
FindmeElseweyr posted...
WAY too much.

I sold off 80 units EASILY at $150. I didn't even have enough time to list them before they were bought up right away.

The problem is that the system price of $250 is coupled with the high memory card price, so instead of the initial $199-$249, you see that + memory card price, (for the sake of argument we'll use the 32GB because we all know that's what we'd choose if the price was right) so it becomes $299-$349.

If the vita had any form of internal memory, or came bundled with a decent size memory card (16GB minimum) then this wouldn't be an issue either.

Stop lying

Nobody is going to believe you. Damn.
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles
#26serenade_betaPosted 1/29/2013 1:53:32 PM
shampoowarrior posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

lol

I just hope Goon doesn't physically attack people in the real world one day. It's only a matter of time before he starts seeing everything as a conspiracy and lashes out on people.
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#27yankee6903Posted 1/29/2013 1:56:42 PM
LitCandlez posted...
FindmeElseweyr posted...
WAY too much.

I sold off 80 units EASILY at $150. I didn't even have enough time to list them before they were bought up right away.

The problem is that the system price of $250 is coupled with the high memory card price, so instead of the initial $199-$249, you see that + memory card price, (for the sake of argument we'll use the 32GB because we all know that's what we'd choose if the price was right) so it becomes $299-$349.

If the vita had any form of internal memory, or came bundled with a decent size memory card (16GB minimum) then this wouldn't be an issue either.

Stop lying

Nobody is going to believe you. Damn.

Hes not lying. COuple months ago he took advantage of something that gave him like 150 off of each unit. I remember him posting pics or something.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#28Sailor GoonPosted 1/29/2013 2:17:23 PM
shampoowarrior posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

lol

What's funny about it? It's true. All I see on this site is blind fanboyism towards Nintendo no matter what they do. They can take a dump on the street, box it up and fanboys would buy it. We see dozens of known Nintendo trolls who have spent over a year whining about the system. If the system sucks so much, why do they spend a year talking about it? We have people who blindly praise the Wii U even though its release was an absolute disaster. Many casual users have this stigma with Nintendo and just blindly go against Sony.
You can damned well guarantee if the Vita was made by Nintendo, had the EXACT same tech, the EXACT same games, and the exact same prices, it would be selling in droves. It's beyond sad, but its the current state of the gaming market.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#29KenauePosted 1/29/2013 2:50:56 PM
Lop $50 off the Vita, then half the price of all memory cards and make 8 Gigs the smallest size. Boom. Done. Sales increase.
---
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!
#30shampoowarriorPosted 1/29/2013 3:46:07 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
shampoowarrior posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

lol

What's funny about it? It's true. All I see on this site is blind fanboyism towards Nintendo no matter what they do. They can take a dump on the street, box it up and fanboys would buy it. We see dozens of known Nintendo trolls who have spent over a year whining about the system. If the system sucks so much, why do they spend a year talking about it? We have people who blindly praise the Wii U even though its release was an absolute disaster. Many casual users have this stigma with Nintendo and just blindly go against Sony.
You can damned well guarantee if the Vita was made by Nintendo, had the EXACT same tech, the EXACT same games, and the exact same prices, it would be selling in droves. It's beyond sad, but its the current state of the gaming market.

The Wii U board has some damn ridiculous Nintendo fanboys, I'm not going to argue with you. But here's the thing: you sound exactly like them. You are the darkjedilink of this board. You are the squatch of the Wii U board.

Nintendo fanboys are not the reason people aren't buying the Vita. Nintendo fanboys have been around for a long time, yet the PSP was still successful. The PS3 is still successful. The 360 is still successful.

The Vita's problems are its own, and have nothing to do with Nintendo.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior