Do you guys think the PlayStation Vita's current pricing is affecting its sales?

#31CaptainMoosePosted 1/29/2013 3:47:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#32smelly_boobPosted 1/29/2013 3:51:45 PM
game/memory card pricing is slowing sales
#33BrasenPosted 1/29/2013 4:43:49 PM
The Vita itself is priced pretty fairly considering the amazing tech your getting. The memory on the other hand is a f****** joke and Sony is getting exactly what it deserves on that front, failure.
#34RocketdotPosted 1/29/2013 6:12:21 PM(edited)
IMO it's the lack of games. Gravity Rush being the ONLY original game worth owning. (just my opinion). The rest just spinoffs or ports of console games. It's been a year now too.

Without sales no games, without games no sales. I bought one but honestly it's the only system purchase I have ever regretted. It's a quality machine, and someday sure there will be at least a few games worth owning...someday. If they ever make it out of Japan that is.
#35S_T_O_N_E_Posted 1/29/2013 6:13:38 PM
I got my vita for $180 and the starter bundle for $25 off ebay about a month ago. Not worth 250 + overly priced memory cards. All i have is a 4gb :I.
---
PM me for the $20 referral code if you're interested.
#36R2BDSiPosted 1/29/2013 6:21:13 PM
For what it is, it's surely right, but consumers have bills, that is if their not living with their parents.
#37FlipManV3Posted 1/29/2013 6:29:57 PM
Topic is very misleading, from my point of view.
The price will ALWAYS affect sales, no matter what the item is. That's common sense.

However, I believe that if killer games and more exclusives is released, the price is at the point where it would definitely sell more.
A game or games that creates buzz from media, the only game that comes close to that was P4, which was a remake/remaster and the series itself is somewhat niche to begin with. Ni No Kuni and DmC, for example.
-
---
PM me for the $20 PSN credit promotion referral code to register your VlTA serial.
#38blackwaltz3Posted 1/29/2013 7:53:44 PM
absolutely, only reason I bought one was a good black friday sale, I think they should have it set at 200 at the most, with either a game or ps+ membership and a memory card
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds
#39BlyrPosted 1/29/2013 8:03:37 PM
FindmeElseweyr posted...
WAY too much.

I sold off 80 units EASILY at $150. I didn't even have enough time to list them before they were bought up right away.

The problem is that the system price of $250 is coupled with the high memory card price, so instead of the initial $199-$249, you see that + memory card price, (for the sake of argument we'll use the 32GB because we all know that's what we'd choose if the price was right) so it becomes $299-$349.

If the vita had any form of internal memory, or came bundled with a decent size memory card (16GB minimum) then this wouldn't be an issue either.

Stop lying

Nobody is going to believe you. Damn.

Well, he may be lying about the quantity, but he's certainly not lying about selling new Vita's for $150.

I bought one from him two weeks ago. I PM'd him and asked him when he'd be selling them, and linked me to an eBay listing with a Vita at $150.00. It may not have been his, but I haven't seen anyone else selling them for that low.
---
Does it scare anybody else that the only metric Americans know, has to do with weapons? -Rampagingwalrus
#40RiggliePosted 1/29/2013 8:11:39 PM
I can buy a new ps3 for less money than a vita