Aksys bringing Muramasa to the US!

#41FierceJelloPosted 1/29/2013 1:35:21 PM(edited)
Lord_Vishana posted...
This will be my first time playing this, to others that have played it could you elaborate on the gameplay and the rpg elements a little?

From the videos I've seen, it looks really nifty. Reminds me of Code of Princess a little and I loved that game.

Highly repetitive and shallow brawler with only a handful of pre-rendered backgrounds that are repeated over and over, low enemy variety, constant backtracking, and you have to push up on the d-pad to jump because there isn't a dedicated jump button. It was made by a tiny team on a shoestring budget and it shows. If it weren't for the art direction, I doubt anyone would care about it.
#42GeassMasterPosted 1/29/2013 1:30:21 PM
I wonder how gorgeous this is going to look on Vita's screen. I'm salivating.
---
Now Playing: EDF 2017 Portable, P4G, Tera, Darkness 2, Ys Origin, Prince of Persia(2008), Metro 2033, DW: Gundam 2, Binary Domain
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#43stargazer64Posted 1/29/2013 1:33:17 PM
Here's IGN's review:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/09/04/muramasa-the-demon-blade-review?page=1

They do a good job of explaining everything. I disagree with the backtracking complaint simply because you are constantly searching the environment and collecting items and orbs, and for me it was always fun to run through the levels.

If I recall you get an item that eliminates most of the 'running through empty levels' complaint early on, anyway.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#44GeassMasterPosted 1/29/2013 1:34:50 PM
FierceJello posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
This will be my first time playing this, to others that have played it could you elaborate on the gameplay and the rpg elements a little?

From the videos I've seen, it looks really nifty. Reminds me of Code of Princess a little and I loved that game.

Highly repetitive and shallow brawler with only a handful of pre-rendered backgrounds that are repeated over and over, low enemy variety, and you have to push up on the d-pad to jump because there isn't a dedicated jump button. It was made by a tiny team on a shoestring budget and it shows. If it weren't for the art direction, I doubt anyone would care about it.

There will be a real jump button in this one. I'm sure they'll be adding tons of things that never made it into the Wii release.
---
Now Playing: EDF 2017 Portable, P4G, Tera, Darkness 2, Ys Origin, Prince of Persia(2008), Metro 2033, DW: Gundam 2, Binary Domain
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#45StrikeNinja24Posted 1/29/2013 1:48:15 PM
Well, the positive is that this game's sales will make the SS sales look amazing by comparison.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#46BlestsolPosted 1/29/2013 1:48:56 PM
I'm hype for it. Never played the original
---
Psn:Blestsoul
#47CompassPosted 1/29/2013 1:49:38 PM(edited)
GeassMaster posted...
I'm sure they'll be adding tons of things that never made it into the Wii release.

There are new scenarios but they are all day-one DLC. So no, not really.
#48stargazer64Posted 1/29/2013 1:57:47 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Well, the positive is that this game's sales will make the SS sales look amazing by comparison.

LOL this is true. Especially if they price this at $40 and then expect us to buy DLC.

As for the 'up to jump' complaint, it works flawlessly in this game. Think of it like a fighting game. I could see using the analog stick for movement and it would play just fine.

If they let you map jumping to a button, then all the better.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#49Safros93Posted 1/29/2013 2:02:00 PM
FierceJello posted...
DrROBschiz posted...
FierceJello posted...
Thank God, more old ports. The Vita really is like having a portable PS3.

Look at you Hating

Soul Sacrifice, PSO2, Tearaway, KillZone Mercenary are all new titles

Nothing wrong having this amazing game that so many might have missed out on for Vita

Every other system literally gets the same Port treatment.

You act like Vita does this exclusively

They don't get a lot of old ports during the first half of their lifespan. That's reserved for the tail end of their second half when software sales flag.

If you're getting a lot of them right out of the gate, that means publishers have little faith in the system. Look at how many new third-party games are being announced for the Vita. Virtually none.

Off the top of my head:

Persona 4
Rayman Origins
Mortal Kombat
Oddworld Strangers Wrath
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
BlazBlue Continuum Shift
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Plants vs. Zombies
Street Fighter X Tekken
Disgaea 3
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ninja gaiden Sigma 2
Little King's Story
Muramasa

And if they're ever released (they likely won't be):

Zone of the Enders HD Collection
FFX HD

Technically BlazBlue is multiplatform so it shouldn't be there, but I do see your point.
But still, it's a good game (At least I thought so), and any good game is welcome. I'm mostly excited to see how it will look on the Vita's screen though... but I kinda wish we'd have gotten Odin Sphere instead.
#50pikachupwnagePosted 1/29/2013 2:03:24 PM
Sweet!
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png