Aksys bringing Muramasa to the US!

#71kcypher2000Posted 1/29/2013 3:47:42 PM
Its still sad no matter how desperate some of you are too validate your purchase. Another old port for full price. Sucker born everyday and then they buy a vita.
#72TetranaPosted 1/29/2013 3:55:32 PM
While I have no interest in Muramasa, I can at least see that having more games in the Vita's library is certainly a good thing, for all gamers really.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3007-8074-9033
Playstation Network ID: ckl2013
#73stargazer64Posted 1/29/2013 3:56:48 PM
Man. Who would even consider slamming the fact that this gorgeous, old-school action game is coming to a new system? I'm glad that at least a few more people will be able to experience it now.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#74Ampharos64Posted 1/29/2013 4:22:35 PM
Sagadego posted...
Redesigned for the PlayStationŽVita system, Muramasa includes hi-res graphics, enhanced controls, a complete relocalization in English, and more!

Yus! Ok, I'm interested now. The previous localisation really hurt the story. I guess I would possibly have to import it, but fortunately the Vita is region free. Gives another potential reason to get one, at least.
I did feel the game was a big letdown after Odin Sphere, though. I'm usually quite patient, but it was extremely user unfriendly, the backtracking was a massive pain. I thought it was so bad I quit playing, but had I been able to get more into the story, that may well not have been the case.
#75zeplin1180Posted 1/29/2013 4:32:17 PM
yes it's a port, but i highly doubt that A LOT of people have actually played this game. the Wii didn't have very many of these types of games and the vast majority people who did own a Wii bought the shovel ware titles far more than they did titles like Muramasa.

so the fact that a whole new audience of gamers is going to be able to play this game overrides the fact that, "it's just a stoopid port, the Vita sux!"

simply put, i'd rather have a port of a great game hardly anyone ever played (or heard about) rather than some new COD shootemup twitch game that may or may not be good.
#76StrikeNinja24Posted 1/29/2013 4:34:27 PM
zeplin1180 posted...
yes it's a port, but i highly doubt that A LOT of people have actually played this game. the Wii didn't have very many of these types of games and the vast majority people who did own a Wii bought the shovel ware titles far more than they did titles like Muramasa.

so the fact that a whole new audience of gamers is going to be able to play this game overrides the fact that, "it's just a stoopid port, the Vita sux!"

simply put, i'd rather have a port of a great game hardly anyone ever played (or heard about) rather than some new COD shootemup twitch game that may or may not be good.

But it was a rather average game for a niche community, coming to an even more niche community that also will probably for the most part ignore it.

I don't get what you're getting at.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#77CooperRCPosted 1/29/2013 4:41:16 PM
Sagadego posted...
Redesigned for the PlayStationŽVita system, Muramasa includes hi-res graphics, enhanced controls, a complete relocalization in English, and more!

Hmm, this could be bad. The Wii version was Japanese with subs. This version could get stuck as dub only.

In any case, I had fun playing it once on the Wii, but the gameplay is so repetitive that I do not really have interest in buying and playing it again.
#78synthetiksinPosted 1/29/2013 4:59:19 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
But it was a rather average game for a niche community, coming to an even more niche community that also will probably for the most part ignore it.

Good lord, people just don't know when to shut up.
#79__Blight__Posted 1/29/2013 5:10:20 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
zeplin1180 posted...

Game was pretty fun. Glad it's coming to a handheld. Plus, the developer is making Dragon Crown, which looks amazing, so I will support them whole-heartily. Especially since they make 2-D games with luscious graphics, something you don't see anymore unfortunately.
---
"This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some" - Tywin Lannister
#80gamer22rpgPosted 1/29/2013 5:27:46 PM
Glad the game is getting localized! I was actually thinking of importing it but I guess now I don't have to.
---
Non-believers are saying he was caught in place of TC. I, however, have faith. Asian man can never be defeated. ~SmidgeIsntBack