I am thinking of selling my Vita and 360 for a Wii U... Wait, what?

#1VoelgerPosted 1/29/2013 9:13:08 PM(edited)
I can't believe I am thinking this. I never owned a wii, and I sold my 3ds to get a vita. I am happy with the vita, but there are just not enough games.

The problem is that due to my life I am finding it inconvenient to game on my tv. I have a wife and son and just don't get the time to sit and game anymore.

I can care less about the Xbox. I loved it, but I own a gaming laptop and haven't turned the thing on in almost two years.

I got my vita to solve this tv problem, but a vita (as much as I like it) is no substitute for a primary gaming system. On wii u I could play AC3, Darksiders 2, Aliens Colonial Marines, Black ops 2, mass effect 3, and the upcoming Nintendo games like wind waker hd and probably a metroid all on the gamepad.

Opinions?

---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#2Spiffy247Posted 1/29/2013 9:15:01 PM
I'd keep the Vita, and download lots of PSP games. Maybe get a Wii U too. But I try never to sell game systems, as I often regret it.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#3miyuki308Posted 1/29/2013 9:15:06 PM
Sure, why not? After all, you buy a system to play games, not to play this fanboy war thing.
---
Playing: PSO2, Atelier Totori Plus
Anticipating: Sen no Kiseki, Madou Monogatari (maybe), ...PSO2 Vita?
#4FindmeElseweyrPosted 1/29/2013 9:16:25 PM
I was going to say don't sell the 360.. but you have a gaming PC so then there's really no point lol.

Not sure why you'd go to the Wii U which has more or less the same games your 360 did though; especially games that you could easily play on your laptop; but since you're interested in upcoming nintendo titles then you really can't go wrong with it.
---
Mee wurst troll evurr nobuddy pay brijj tole me nott sceary enuf
#5slyman19Posted 1/29/2013 9:18:56 PM
The Wii U is an absolute mess. The OS is awful, the online is a joke, and the Wii U controller just isn`t very interesting. Besides you don`t want to play games on that horrendous screen it has. Keep your Xbox and Vita and wait until E3 to see if the Vita will live on. By that time, if you still want a Wii U there will be a somewhat respectable library.
#6Enigma149Posted 1/29/2013 9:23:55 PM
If you do decide to get a Wii U, you've got a nice selection of games, with virtually every major Nintendo title (except EarthBound...and Mario Party 3...) playable on either the Virtual Console or through backwards compatibility. And trust me - this is a lot of games, and a lot of well-received games (5 of the 10 best-rated games of all time are playable, according to Game Rankings...or 6).

That being said, most of the Wii U's Virtual Console library is only playable through Wii mode at the moment, and any games played it Wii mode (including original Wii titles like Super Mario Galaxy) require a television, as do some Wii U titles (including several NintendoLand minigames). And of course, until GameCube titles reach the Wii U Virtual Console, you won't be able to play them (so, no Mario Sunshine or Melee). Plus, depending upon the specs, your gaming laptop would probably be a better place to play multi-platform titles like Darksiders 2 (though remember - even if your laptop's specs are better than the Wii U's, the games may still run worse).

Regardless, I'd wait until E3 at the least. It's possible that the Vita will get a price drop, but based on sales, the Wii U may as well (though it's not quite at early-3DS or Vita levels...yet...). Plus, there may be games announced for the Vita you want...or perhaps the PS4 will be announced, have a Wii U-like controller, and absolutely blow you away. Or perhaps the PS4 will suck, the Wii U will keep its price, the Vita will have no decent announcements, and all you lose is five months of playing the Wii U.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#7__Blight__Posted 1/29/2013 9:23:55 PM
I wouldn't buy the Wii U until they clean some things up. So wait a year or so, that way a lot of the games they announced will be out.
---
"This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some" - Tywin Lannister
#8GdboyratedloudPosted 1/29/2013 9:24:24 PM
slyman19 posted...
The Wii U is an absolute mess. The OS is awful, the online is a joke, and the Wii U controller just isn`t very interesting. Besides you don`t want to play games on that horrendous screen it has. Keep your Xbox and Vita and wait until E3 to see if the Vita will live on. By that time, if you still want a Wii U there will be a somewhat respectable library.

Silly fanboy. Try again but turn your inner fanboy OFF
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
#9MegaMettaurPosted 1/29/2013 9:24:56 PM
I advise you buy a monitor and san hdmi cable. Set it up in your room and game there.
---
(VITA): DJ Max Technika Tune. (Ps3): Infamous 2, KoF. PSN: Roksor.
(PC): Mabinogi, Lunatic Rave 2
#10Dark_ZenoPosted 1/29/2013 9:26:10 PM
miyuki308 posted...
Sure, why not? After all, you buy a system to play games, not to play this fanboy war thing.

This. Think of the games coming for the systems (or let me help you):

Vita: PSO2 (You will be able to play this on PC), Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa Rebirth (You could get the inferior version on the Wii for the WiiU) , Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (Multiplat with PS3), etc.

WiiU: WW HD, Bayo 2, The Wonderful 101, X, etc.

360: Gears of War: Judgment (only could think of this).

Now think about games that you can count on coming for then:

Vita: New God of War, New Gran Turismo, New NIS game at some point, etc

WiiU: New Zelda, New 3D Mario, New SSB, New Mario Kart, New Metroid, etc

I don't think the 360 will get any new exclusives since the next Xbox is around the corner, but you get the point.
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05