Does Sony want Vita to fail?

#1EJ226Posted 1/30/2013 1:22:56 AM
I know it sounds weird but its not hard to think maybe for some reason Sony wants the Vita to fail. First they make it the price of a PS3 with overpriced memory cards.
Next they ok some crap company to make Call of Duty and Resistance. I play CoD cause I want a FPS for the vita, but you can tell these games were pumped out to make a few bucks. They could have been some system sellers. Instead they are either average or below.
You hardly even see Vita being talked about in video game magazines. You would think Sony would be trying to get the word out about the Vita.
I am in no way one of those people hoping for it to fail. i want the Vita to sell but even though the game library isnt bad there isnt enough big name games and variety to get peoples attention.
Just wondering if other people feel this way too.
---
GT- EJ 226
#2PrinnyGod_Posted 1/30/2013 1:26:55 AM
I'm with you on those mistakes.

They're doing stupid stuff atm as lack of advertising first party games. I have seen more commercials of Atlus advertising god damn sherlock holmes then I have of a little big planet vita commercial or gravity rush.

I believe the vita will pick up, i'm optimistic about that much. If they wanted it to die already they wouldn't bother putting PSN+ on it or even bothering to give it updates.
---
I'm not really a god, dood. Please don't tell anyone.
#3EJ226(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:27:25 AM
I should add that the games being dumped onto another company to be made wasnt sonys fault. still, though, you would think sony would say something about having a proven company make those games that could be system sellers.
---
GT- EJ 226
#4LuminescentRulePosted 1/30/2013 1:32:24 AM
Weird that you have a GT but not a PSN ID in your signature.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
January 2013 - PS3: NNK:WWW | WiiU: *tumbleweeds*
#5PrinnyGod_Posted 1/30/2013 1:40:46 AM

He does bring up some good points though. If sony can correct these problems, they can possibly make the vita sell. bypassing the 3ds is obviously out of the question, but if it can sell better than the psp or ps2, that would be okay in my book. Look at it this way, one of sonys problems are already corrected. Nihilith or what ever that company was that did resistance and declassified is out of the way and is doing android/iphone games.
---
#6PrinnyGod_Posted 1/30/2013 1:41:38 AM
I should add that the games being dumped onto another company to be made wasnt sonys fault. still, though, you would think sony would say something about having a proven company make those games that could be system sellers.

Agreed. If activision/triarch didn't give declassified to that company and just did it themselves, it would very well be a system seller.
---
#7FindmeElseweyrPosted 1/30/2013 1:44:15 AM
Sony have been making stupid mistakes since the PSP.

Look at how they've handled the PSP, and PS3 so far; it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that the Vita is tanking under their management.

Sony as a brand have lost consumer confidence in japan, as though they prefer to buy japanese-made products, more and more are turning from Sony, because where Sony used to be about expensive, high quality products, they're now on par with korean and chinese products, at a higher price.

Sony are becoming a textbook example of what to avoid when running a business. It doesn't matter how much you love your Vita, or how loyal you are to a piece of plastic, Sony is stumbling about and making rookie mistakes, that would've killed a smaller company by now. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were beyond saving at this point.

On the plus side, Google may buy out Sony, so we'll have some VERY interesting products coming our way from them.
---
Mee wurst troll evurr nobuddy pay brijj tole me nott sceary enuf
#82xkrazyPosted 1/30/2013 1:45:42 AM
LuminescentRule posted...

In a robot voice:

Scan mode complete...
Analyzing data....GT ID present, PSN ID not detected.

Activate Sony Defense mode. Post idiotic comment.
#9PrinnyGod_Posted 1/30/2013 1:49:12 AM
Sony have been making stupid mistakes since the PSP.

Look at how they've handled the PSP, and PS3 so far; it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that the Vita is tanking under their management.

Sony as a brand have lost consumer confidence in japan, as though they prefer to buy japanese-made products, more and more are turning from Sony, because where Sony used to be about expensive, high quality products, they're now on par with korean and chinese products, at a higher price.

Sony are becoming a textbook example of what to avoid when running a business. It doesn't matter how much you love your Vita, or how loyal you are to a piece of plastic, Sony is stumbling about and making rookie mistakes, that would've killed a smaller company by now. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were beyond saving at this point.

On the plus side, Google may buy out Sony, so we'll have some VERY interesting products coming our way from them.

I...really disagree. Your hatred to the company obviously shows. PSP was a success, not a nintendo success, but for a competitor against nintendo it did very well. PS3 is also doing very fantastic compared to its very early years.

Chinese and korean products? Seriously? lol.
---
#10LuminescentRulePosted 1/30/2013 1:54:00 AM

He does bring up some good points though. If sony can correct these problems, they can possibly make the vita sell. bypassing the 3ds is obviously out of the question, but if it can sell better than the psp or ps2, that would be okay in my book. Look at it this way, one of sonys problems are already corrected. Nihilith or what ever that company was that did resistance and declassified is out of the way and is doing android/iphone games.

Not really. He's comparing the price of a new system with that of a 6-year old one. Resistance was never going to be a system. CoD:D sold pretty well but yeah it's a terrible 3rd party game. Thankfully Sony has GG on the case to show how a real FPS is done on the Vita. And the Vita is talked about plenty in video games magazines - the latter just want to focus on the bad. TC also chooses to ignore the good Vita games.

By, the PS2 sold 155M as of about a year ago so there is no way the PS Vita passes that.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
January 2013 - PS3: NNK:WWW | WiiU: *tumbleweeds*